• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health yellow leaves with red spots?

Hi All,

I have 3 plants in pots outside that the leaves are turning yellow with red spots and falling. They are still producing pods, though. I have 3 other plants that are right next to them that receive the same treatment, but no yellowing leaves or spotting. Any ideas?

6548817549_096c5ae545_z.jpg

6548816487_f867f93bbb_z.jpg

6548815359_8a3ce305e5_z.jpg

6548814079_3e46a87f3d_z.jpg

The plants that are yellowing have been outside since last March. The ones that aren't yellowing were transferred from one of my hydroponic systems about 2 1/2 months ago. Thanks.

Edward

I would say either over watering or lack of nitrogen! More likely over watering. Red spots look like bacterial . I would not worry too much about that unless it gets out of control. Third may be root bound. Plants look pretty big . What size pots are they in? Last but not least could just tired from putting out so many pods. They will come back with some nice boost of nutrients.

I would say either over watering or lack of nitrogen! More likely over watering. Red spots look like bacterial . I would not worry too much about that unless it gets out of control. Third may be root bound. Plants look pretty big . What size pots are they in? Last but not least could just tired from putting out so many pods. They will come back with some nice boost of nutrients.

Thanks for the info. I water them once a week, maybe less. They are in 5 gallon pots. What type of nutes do you suggest?

I would first try a liitle garden lime. Or a light dose of fish emulsion 1/4 strength very other week. Use epson salt on the off weeks 1 teaspoon per gallon of water. Keeps my plants happy. :cool: Lil bone meal couldn't hurt either. 1 teaspoon per 5 gallon pot. Rough into soil then water . I add bone meal very 6 weeks or close too it.

Man those don't look like 5 gallons pots. That should be plenty of room for the roots. :halo:

I would first try a liitle garden lime. Or a light dose of fish emulsion 1/4 strength very other week. Use epson salt on the off weeks 1 teaspoon per gallon of water. Keeps my plants happy. :cool: Lil bone meal couldn't hurt either. 1 teaspoon per 5 gallon pot. Rough into soil then water . I add bone meal very 6 weeks or close too it.

Man those don't look like 5 gallons pots. That should be plenty of room for the roots. :halo:

Can all that be bought at Lowes or Home Depot?

They were sold to me as 5 gallon pots. Maybe it's just the camera angle that makes them look small. Thanks again!

Edward

Can all that be bought at Lowes or Home Depot?

They were sold to me as 5 gallon pots. Maybe it's just the camera angle that makes them look small. Thanks again!

Edward

Mine looked like that at the end of my growing season. I figured it was the temps getting under 50° and all the rain we get in fall. I think my plants in pots werent getting a chance to dry out. The ones in the ground didn't get spots.

Mine looked like that at the end of my growing season. I figured it was the temps getting under 50° and all the rain we get in fall. I think my plants in pots werent getting a chance to dry out. The ones in the ground didn't get spots.

...makes sense. I'm also going to try some of the things that romy6 suggested.

Ed, all can be bought at home depot or ace hardware. I think you have both in your parts. Make sure you get garden lime . It breaks down faster. The epson salt is in the medicine area. If you can fine some seaweed extract that would be a solid score as well. Bone meal takes a long time to work it's magic so be patient. They will rebound. You may want to consider cutting them back as well. Keep us posted om how they make out.
Jamie

Back