• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Yellow pepper I.D. help

Hey all,
I been sampling all the wonderful peppers I been growing this week.
One of them I got from this store (I bought the 'Yellow Brain Strain 7 Pot'):
http://seedcostore.w...ect-seedco.html

I been very careful with my seeds so I think maybe its not what the vendor claims it was (should have a more wrinkled appearance, right?).
I will say its the most tastiest pepper so I'd like help identifying it. I attached a pic. It is the one to the left and also another one to the right of the Bulgarian Carrot at the 12 o clock position (left and right of the orange one).
Out of the heat factor, my peruvian/white bullet habs are 2nd hottest ive tried so far, and #1 are Devil's Tongue. This is probably 3rd-5th hottest but steep drop off heatwise from those 2 peppers.
It def doesnt smell like the peru white bullet hab... This mystery one has a more fruitier taste which is cool and not that intense Hab smell.

Just took a pic today below to help identify and compare size wise to other peppers...

Starting from top/12 o clock:
Bulgarian orange carrot
*** A fruity hot one Im not sure of (best tasting one in my opinion)
Devils Tongue (hottest so far)
Zavory (flavor of habanero but no heat)
Puru Hab (White Bullet Hab) [this is pretty hot for its size!, prob 2nd hottest]
Aji Omni-color (all the Aji's have a good fruity flavor)
Aji Pineapple or Aji Lemon Drop (have both, forget which one this is)
**** A fruity hot one Im not sure of (best tasting one in my opinion)

7804925092_798d0c01c1_b.jpg

Here are the peppers i growing. Pretty sure i didn't mix any up since this one is different than others i growing (not growing any yellow Scotch bonnets or Habs):
Aji Omni Color
Aji Limo rojo
Aji Cristal
Aji Dulce #2
Aji Pineapple
Bolsa de Dulce
Aji Lemon Drop
Congo Brown Hab
Scotch Bonnet (Red Hat)
TFM Scotch Bonnet
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Brown (Long) Hab
White Hab
Bulgarian Carrot
Thai Dragon [no germination from this yet]
Thai (orange)
Red Rocoto
Yellow Fatali
Sweet Hab
Zavory
Trinidad Red Seasoning
Trinidad Yellow Seasoning
Malaysian Goronong
Trinidad Scorpian (Butch T)
Yellow 7 Pot Brain
Chocolate Ghost pepper

TabascoKilla,... Oh yes, i forgot Devils Tongue and Yellow Fatili are different peppers. yes the middle right one is a Yellow Fatali.

FadeToBlack, So the top one to the left and right of the orange Bulgarian Carrot are actually from the same plant. Still think the both a Yellow Hab? (or both a Yellow Scorpian?). I really would like to know what it is as its so flavorful/fruity. Wasnt sure if Habs are known for that.

Dulac, so does that mean the middle one is not a TFM (trenton farmers market) Scotch Bonnet? Thats what its labeled as. Or its called that name, but its not really a scotch bonnet. (I forgot to mention in my original post i knew what this middle one was)

looks like could be yellow 7 pot to me. possibly from your yellow brain strain? it's possible that the strain is not very stable yet and you got one with a smoother phenotype. just a thought

My TFM Scotch Bonnets have a couple pod variations though most have a different shape than yours in the pictute.

Mine do not have the Habanero shape.

http://www.pbase.com/image/86204381

Most of mine are like the top left pic but in Johns picture above,you can see the pod variations.

If I ever get my computer fixed I'll post pics eventually...

bonnet_title.jpg

Most were like these but yellow.

67766_15.JPG

NOT MY PICTURES - GOOGLE...

Does anyone have experience with Trinidad Scorpian, Yellow Habs, and 7Pots/Brain Strains.
I could definately just ship one of these guys over to get it evaluated from one of you pepper pros :) on what variety it is most likely tastes similar to.
I really want to plant it again next year, but the fact that I can't identify its origins to label it for others bothers me a bit.

-Arian

Back