• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Yellow Primo with purple leaves.

I just notice one has purple leaves on it. There're a bunch of crazy looking seedling in this group.I took the seeds out of a Yellow Primo myself.I will say this is driving me nuts,but in a good way.The thought of it being a new strain is promising,but I know if anyone else has ran across this issue.There are a lot of other mutants,but only one purple leaf one so far. :drunk:    

Yes,I think it's crossed with something.The pod came from a bunch of pods,that I bought .This could be a cool looking pepper plant when pods get on it.I am planing on growing it out at least to the F3 stage.Just to see what happens. :think:  The funny thing about it is all the seeds came from the same pod.Just one purple plant so far. :crazy:  

pepperguy1 said:
Yes,I think it's crossed with something.The pod came from a bunch of pods,that I bought .This could be a cool looking pepper plant when pods get on it.I am planing on growing it out at least to the F3 stage.Just to see what happens. :think:  The funny thing about it is all the seeds came from the same pod.Just one purple plant so far. :crazy:  
each seed forms from a separate "ovary" and is pollinated with a different sperm (pollen grain) ...so it can happen sometimes

Back