• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Yellow Rocoto

Can anybody tell me where I can find some yellow rocoto seeds, or are the any members here that sell some seed. I saw some pictures of it in the chileman database and fell in love with how cool it looked.

It can also go by different names, such as:

Yellow
pubescens / rocoto / locoto / manzano

Amarillo pubescens / rocoto / locoto / manzano

That's a lot of potential google search keywords, but will these search results produce the exact same yellow pubescens variety? Probably not since there are quite a few sub-species, but i'm sure you'll find something close to what you are looking for.

Good luck either way.

Almost forgot:

I bet that one of these sellers would carry it: http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/11131-ordering-pepper-seeds/

Note that not all of them are based in north america so some of them may not ship to the USA.

Can anybody tell me where I can find some yellow rocoto seeds, or are the any members here that sell some seed. I saw some pictures of it in the chileman database and fell in love with how cool it looked.
I know you want the yellow, but I've got some Red Manzano (Rocoto) seed, if you'd like that. I'm also growing some Yellow Manzano this year, but no yellow seed yet; my yellow plant just started blooming.
Happy to swap for other pepper seed... :)

I know you want the yellow, but I've got some Red Manzano (Rocoto) seed, if you'd like that. I'm also growing some Yellow Manzano this year, but no yellow seed yet; my yellow plant just started blooming.
Happy to swap for other pepper seed... :)

I've got yellow/red/orange if anyone wants to trade, most abundant on red thouugh.

Well... I don't know about seeds, but you can usually get live Rocoto Yellow plants at chileplants.com (they're all sold out now though). I got a Rocoto Yellow plant this year, and a Rocoto Red plant last year which I've overwintered and I still have right now. The Rocoto Yellow is growing pretty much like the Red did last year when I got it, and the red is starting to take off now (hopefully it doesn't drop flowers like crazy like it did last yeat--it really hates warm, summer weather... even with only morning sun here in northeast Ohio).

I bought mine from Tradewinds seed. They have 3 varieties: Red, Yellow, and Orange. All 12 of mine germinated and are doing well They are listed as Manzanos

http://tradewindsfruit.com/

Back