• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Yellow spots

Hi, I have a few problems with my chilis. I got tree all with slightly different symptoms (see pictures below):
  • Plant number 1: Has yellow spots and curling leaves
  • Plant number 2: Yellow spots and slightly curled leaves
  • Plant number 3: Yellow spots
What could cause these yellow spots? Is it fertilizer deficiency or fertilizer burn? Or Something different?

Bonus info
They are usually watered once or twice a day.
Plant 1 and 2 is placed in window seal with sun from around noon and until the sun goes down.
Plant 3 is placed in a window seal which only has direct sunlight until noon.
Plant 2 is the the top of plant one (it was getting too big for the window seal).

Thanks in advance!

Plant number 1
10mrdaq.jpg

2rpqvxt.jpg

Plant number 2
59t00h.jpg

Plant number 3
22z03q.jpg

2uym9s6.jpg

Excessive watering, my friend. Chilies do not need to be watered but a good bottom watering every week or so, some varieties can go a couple weeks (usually C.Chinense or C.Frutescens need less watering than Annuum or Baccatum).

Hendrix1326 said:
Excessive watering, my friend. Chilies do not need to be watered but a good bottom watering every week or so, some varieties can go a couple weeks (usually C.Chinense or C.Frutescens need less watering than Annuum or Baccatum).
Thanks for the reply! Often I only water the plants when I get home from work, and by then the leaves of biggest plant (plant 3) is visibly hanging, but soon after watering the leaves comes up again, so that is why I expected they needed the water. However, plant 3 is the plant with the least amount of spots, so maybe I should water less.
The plants are Jalapeño.

randyp said:
Plant 2 might like more dirt,would not take much to stress a plant with that little of growing medium.
Yes, you are absolutely right, I will repot it very soon :)

Hej Søren.
Du skulle nok gå over i "Welcome"-tråden og præsentere dig :P
Velkommen hertil.
(Just telling him to go the Welcome thread and introduce himself).

Back