• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

yellowing leaves while fruiting pods

do pepper plants need any nitrogen at all when fruiting pods?  looks like my plant is getting slightlty yellowish green, i dont give it any nitrogen for over a month now.  does it need nitro, it is covered in pods, choclate bhutlah

Care to post some pictures? And just curious did your seeds come from Steve mclaurin? Or Ed Currie? (According to Steve the developer of the CB said the seeds have not been released)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, peppers need the full spectrum of nutrients all through their life... The safest and most reliable option is to feed a low strength solution of a balanced fertilizer throughout the plants entire life.  The specific nutrient supplements the plant will require depends on the quality and type of soil you have and whether you are growing in ground or in potting soil/containers.  For example, if you are growing in soil, in-ground, then calcium and magnesium are probably already in abundance, but if you are growing in a container using potting soils that are not amended with a source of calcium and magnesium, you will be required to supply those via some form of cal-mag.  

i got plenty of cal-mag and everything else, just worried about the nitro, was really high a few months ago and havent used any in like 2 months

rebman2005 said:
Care to post some pictures? And just curious did your seeds come from Steve mclaurin? Or Ed Currie? (According to Steve the developer of the CB said the seeds have not been released)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://s428.photobucket.com/user/Kurt_Easton/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1461706003112193375894_zpsjxpn4570.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Need many more specifics.

Mine have been yellowing, mine were root bound...

Nevermind, saw the pics, I personally wouldnt worry yet....What's your watering schedule and do the buckets/planters drain or just hold the water?

they look fine

could be a bit of calcium def but probably due to either low temp or genetics

what is your temp and humidity at?

Oh.... from your picture, your plant looks really healthy... that actually looks like the type of light green you see from "new growth"... which is healthy and natural.  I would still recommend feeding some nitrogen, but don't go wild with it ;-)

Back