• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Yellowing leaves with green veins...

Some of my pepper plants are starting to get yellow leaves with green veins, my jalapeno is showing it the most but others are starting to follow suit! Any help would be great.

yellowpeppers.jpg

Looks like your keeping your plants too wet. Make sure your pots have good drainage and let them almost droop before watering them.

Not sure about anyone else but i'd also cut off those 3 chewed up looking bottom leaves, especially if they're touching the soil. Chewed up leaves like that can unnecessarily divert energy towards trying to heal, as opposed to using that energy for newer, healthy growth.

You may have multiple symptoms there, which may or may not include overwatering, fertilzer burn, lack of a particular nutrient, bacterial/viral. It would be tough trying to treat all of those possibilities at once but good luck either way.

The easiest one to start with is cutting back on water as cjbrewer said.

I've had the same problem this season. By process of elimination (I tried adding fert, subtracting fert, + calcium, + magnesium, repotting, etc. etc.) I am nearly positive now that it is simply overwatering. Try taking one, taking it out of its pot, getting rid of or really drying out the wet soil, and repotting in a nice dry medium. I've gotten some decent results doing that.

Not sure about anyone else but i'd also cut off those 3 chewed up looking bottom leaves, especially if they're touching the soil. Chewed up leaves like that can unnecessarily divert energy towards trying to heal, as opposed to using that energy for newer, healthy growth.

You may have multiple symptoms there, which may or may not include overwatering, fertilzer burn, lack of a particular nutrient, bacterial/viral. It would be tough trying to treat all of those possibilities at once but good luck either way.

The easiest one to start with is cutting back on water as cjbrewer said.

The water is definitely a problem, we have had 12 strait days of rain and unfortunately i don't have enough room under cover for all my plants :/ but on the bright side I have solved the problem of the leaf picking pest a.k.a. my five year old doughtier ;) anyway... i will definitely take the advise and pick off the injured leaves. As for the nutrient deficiency that i definitely need some help diagnosing. I tried to read up on it and feel more confused now then i did an hour ago :shocked:

The water is definitely a problem, we have had 12 strait days of rain and unfortunately i don't have enough room under cover for all my plants :/ but on the bright side I have solved the problem of the leaf picking pest a.k.a. my five year old doughtier ;) anyway... i will definitely take the advise and pick off the injured leaves. As for the nutrient deficiency that i definitely need some help diagnosing. I tried to read up on it and feel more confused now then i did an hour ago :shocked:
Might be simpler to just follow Mega's, and cjbrewer's advice. Dry out the roots by placing it into a dry medium....partial soil replacement perhaps? Followed up by placing into full shade for a couple of days and hold off on any nutrients. Similar to potting up, which often clears up these "mystery" problems.

You can water it the first time with some aspirin water, which works wonders sometimes. One whole genuine aspirin diluted into a half gallon of water should be a good concentration, you can always throw in a small pinch of epsom salt while you're at it.

Edit: added more info.

Back