• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Yellowing on top leaves starting...what's wrong?

ok so here is a profile i came up with after fixing the mag-i-cal numbers.
the phosphate numbers are still higher than reccomended by 331% but i dont think it will be a problem.
IMO this is about as close as you are going to get to the howard resh nutrient profil

this is 7.2g of grow and 16.6g of mag-i-cal.
or

5ml grow and 14.2ml mag-i-cal

as you can see sulphate is almost 0 so i would add 3grams.

Values calculated for the preparation of 1 gallons

Magnesium Sulfate (Heptahydrate) MgSO4.7H2O 0
Dyna-Gro Input Formula Here 7.26g
Mag-I-Cal Input Formula Here 16.6g

N (NO3-) 172.14 -9.40%
K 95.92 -71.80%
P 172.66 331.60%
Mg 64.42 28.80%
Ca 180.93 6.40%
S 0.96 -99.70%
Fe 6.94 38.70%
Zn 0.96 190.70%
B 0.38 16.30%
Cu 0.96 1818.40%
Mo 0.02 -65.50%
Na 1.92 0.00%
Si 0 0.00%
Cl 1.92 0.00%
Mn 0.96 74.40%
N (NH4+) 49.88 177.10%

EC=1.6 mS/cm

5ml grow 14.2ml cal mag & 3g epsom salt.

thats what i would do!
haha this thread would be so much shorter if i had caught that mistake earlier... :rofl:

Edit:

oh yea the % number you see is gross error by weight, the number in front is mg/l ... things dont paste well from excel.
you see copper is way high, its possible it could be a problem. i understand that toxicity can occur above 1 mg/l ? maby someone else can chime in on that one.

wow thank you very much man!!! i really appreciate the help here!! :) :) i've tried everything...

my next waterings i will try to feed ALL plants using only 2g of water with this amount per gallon:

What about bloom? you think just use grow and skip bloom? and protek...can i include that into the mix? or for now just skip it...?

also, i should mention when making my pots, i DID put some powdered lime in the pots... (but not very much).

The other thing, I guess I don't really understand the plant lifecycle! Because, on ALL my plants I have lots of pepper stems (about 30-50 stems) , a couple flowers (about 5 or so), and NO PEPPERS AT ALL! Am I being impatient here? Or should there be peppers growing? All I see is flowers that fell off but nothing growing? Just stems...

The other thing, I guess I don't really understand the plant lifecycle! Because, on ALL my plants I have lots of pepper stems (about 30-50 stems) , a couple flowers (about 5 or so), and NO PEPPERS AT ALL! Am I being impatient here? Or should there be peppers growing? All I see is flowers that fell off but nothing growing? Just stems...

Don't you guys have 100+ temps right now? That kind of heat will cause flower drop.

wow thank you very much man!!! i really appreciate the help here!! :) :) i've tried everything...

my next waterings i will try to feed ALL plants using only 2g of water with this amount per gallon:

What about bloom? you think just use grow and skip bloom? and protek...can i include that into the mix? or for now just skip it...?

also, i should mention when making my pots, i DID put some powdered lime in the pots... (but not very much).

bloom is something like 12% phosphate, which is way high imo. so i used grow to keep P down. when you run out of grow you could probably use bloom. at the same rates.

by all means add the protek t tho. potassium silicate is supposed to be great for a number of reasons. you definately have alot of room to bump up your potassium so dont worry about it. i understand that 100mg/l is a desirable level of silicate.

i dont have much experience growing peppers, this is my first year. but ive noticed that some of my chinenses drop tons of flowers before they start setting. i definatly did not notice that with my annums. ive harvested 120+ pods from a Bih jolokia so far, and that plant droped flowers from like mid march to early april...eventually you will just notice a ton of little pea sized pods pop out of nowhere.

bloom is something like 12% phosphate, which is way high imo. so i used grow to keep P down. when you run out of grow you could probably use bloom. at the same rates.

by all means add the protek t tho. potassium silicate is supposed to be great for a number of reasons. you definately have alot of room to bump up your potassium so dont worry about it. i understand that 100mg/l is a desirable level of silicate.

i dont have much experience growing peppers, this is my first year. but ive noticed that some of my chinenses drop tons of flowers before they start setting. i definatly did not notice that with my annums. ive harvested 120+ pods from a Bih jolokia so far, and that plant droped flowers from like mid march to early april...eventually you will just notice a ton of little pea sized pods pop out of nowhere.

ok thanks again... i will give that a shot next watering and return to update!

yes :( I'm worried i wont get any peppers with this heat...

You could try moving them to shade and see if that helps set some pods or building a hoop house or something. We rarely get that kind of heat here so I don't know. I think AJ said he doesn't get any pod production in June/July because of the heat, you might want to talk to him and see if there's anything you can do.

It sucks to have to wait but you should definitely get some pods forming in a couple months and should get plenty of production with your long growing season...

well new growth is a light green color...so that's good! at least it's excepting some nutes again!! i will try to water again to see if it clears up!

is 1g of nutrient food enough per 5g pot per week as far as nutrients go??

I'm going to try to cover them with shade cloth i picked up to see if that causes some peppers to grow.

well new growth is a light green color...so that's good! at least it's excepting some nutes again!! i will try to water again to see if it clears up!

is 1g of nutrient food enough per 5g pot per week as far as nutrients go??

I'm going to try to cover them with shade cloth i picked up to see if that causes some peppers to grow.

i would feed more than that myself... like once every three waterings at least, but your plants will tell you what they need.

I've been following this thread for a few weeks now and would like to provide my own observations. I have a couple of Butch T's, two Bhut's, two 7 pot Jonah, and about 8 Habanero's. They are all in 15 gallon pots in identical conditions. My Butch T's look nearly identical to the pictures you have posted. The leaves are, at best, a very light green, but most are just yellow. The rest of my plants look great. I don't know if it is just something with this strain or not. I'm just north of you in OKC and it's been hot as hell here too, so maybe that is a factor.

I've been following this thread for a few weeks now and would like to provide my own observations. I have a couple of Butch T's, two Bhut's, two 7 pot Jonah, and about 8 Habanero's. They are all in 15 gallon pots in identical conditions. My Butch T's look nearly identical to the pictures you have posted. The leaves are, at best, a very light green, but most are just yellow. The rest of my plants look great. I don't know if it is just something with this strain or not. I'm just north of you in OKC and it's been hot as hell here too, so maybe that is a factor.

what soil/nutrients are you using?

Back