• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

You know what really grinds my gears?!?

Dear Wyoming,

Make up your mind. It was almost 70 degrees the other day. It's April now. Quit snowing already.

Sincerely,

Ready for spring fishing

IMG_20170402_100133513_HDR.jpg

Our neighbors are the definition of trash. Even though we live on a busy street, about once a month one of their dogs manages to get past their shitty, delapidated fence and run loose. Today it got hit by a car. I ran outside when I heard the dog yelping, expecting to have to put it out of its misery. Luckily it was still alive, albeit terrified and running in circles.
     This is where my gears start grinding...
     Momma Trash waddles out of the house and starts sreaming at the yelping, shaking dog that it shouldn't have gotten loose "You knew the gate was closed! You stupid dog!" I asked her if she saw what just happened. She continues to yell at the dog and chase it to try to pick it up. I raise my voice and tell her it just got hit by a car. She continues to ignore me and yell in the dog's face - which she is now holding without even stopping to inspect it for injuries. Time to put some fear in this stupid cunt...
     "Hey, bitch! I don't think your dog cares if your gate was closed or not!", I yell, not even attempting to keep our conversation private anymore. She finally stops chewing the poor dog out and looks at me. "Your dog just got hit by a car, for fuck's sake! Stop screaming at the poor thing and fix your goddamn gate!" After that she made the mistake of ignoring me and walking inside.
     Now it's time to call animal control. I'm sure she'd be happy with this outcome if she had any idea how close I just came to wringing the life out of her fat, red neck.

I'm not the type of person to fantasize about murder. I'm a peace-loving non-confrontational guy. But goddamn. There are a few things a person could do that would make me really want to look them straight in the eye while I choke the living shit out of them and spit in their gasping mouth, smiling calmly as the last wisp of life drains from her fat, ugly face.

Scoville DeVille said:
Wonderful. And these are your neighbors?

Exactly the kind of people it would be a downright service to humanity, to give a wooden shampoo.

Same neighbors as the ones that just ground my gears today. Wooden shampoos are too good for these people. Maybe a fire ant enema? Or a lawnmower facial scrub? I dunno.
     I called the humane society and they said the'd send somebody over. I'm really looking forward to our conversation with my neighbor. :hell:

Ya know what really grinds my gears?

Coming back to this topic on my phone, and having to click "next page" 372 times to get to the end because there's no #%{*!##! Page number skippy thing to click on to go right to the end.

So instead I'm posting this complaint so that it will skip me right to the end.

And THAT really grinds my gears! :dance:

Dude, you do know one arrow gets you to the last page and when you go to the first page there is a "go to first unread post" link on the right at the top of the page?????

salsalady said:
Dude, you do know one arrow gets you to the last page and when you go to the first page there is a "go to first unread post" link on the right at the top of the page?????
Plus, you can click on the "page 1 of 64" (or whatever), and it'll let you type in whatever page # you want to skip to ;)

(I do all of my "interwebbing"on my phone)

we gots a minimal data phoane plan, plus I dunno how to do all that tech stuff on the phoane.  I was feeling pretty good to get the Square Pay working last summer at the Portland Hot Sauce Expo!!  :lol:

OH!!!! this reminds me of a Gear Grinder!!!!

Believe it or not, there are still places in the world that do not have cell phone service and/or internet. 

I'm on a jobsite, it's a remodel out in the middle of a DeadZone, and we are going to install some fancy-dancy wireless WiFi switches on a 3-way.  WiFi is not operating yet.  The instructions that come with these components show how to wire for a single switch installation.  For the 3-way?  "Go to our Website and download instructions or watch our installation video. "  Are you freaking KIDDING ME?!?!????

All I have is a LandLine.....y'all remember what those are, right?  It's not quite a party line, but pretty close.  So I call up my electrical supplier who sold me the stuff and literally had the salesguy watch the video and tell me what it said to do.   

Why The FRACK wouldn't they include those instructions in the package?!?!???   

I AM going to call the manufacturer and voice my opinion....very strongly!!!! 

The Safeway in my hometown grinds my gears more than anything else that I can think of. Never have I seen such blatant disregard for customer service and such little work ethic to make the store operate efficiently.

There are 8 check out lines and only two are open at all times no matter what...even when the lines have 20+ people in them. The customer service area never has anyone available, the doughnuts are like oil sponges, the meat always looks brown, the ice cream is always melted and the cashiers are bumbling idiots. The one cashier...let's call him Bob...tends to hand the customer's receipt to the girl bagging groceries. Then he realizes what he is doing and brings himself back to reality. The customer's don't help things either because a lot of them have to pay with multiple credit/debit/gift cards along with cash.

Every time I realize that I need just one ingredient to cook with chills run down my spine because I likely have to make a trip to Safeway....purely a matter of covienience because the other stores are both about twenty minute drive whereas the Safeway is just down the street.

...sounds kinda like the IGA up the road.  Luckily Hank's is the main store we go to, but sometimes, I gotta stop at the IGA...where they put in those SelfCheckOut terminals recently. 

Seriously?!?!???  They had 4 check out terminals, where you were lucky to have 2 checkers on a busy day.  Now they have 2 checker lanes (but only one lane ever has a checker) and 4 self check stations plus the store clerk's terminal where they have one checker to approve all alcohol/tobaco purchases in the SelfCheck lanes, override mistakes, etc....so basically they still have 2 checkers, and if those checkers were able to move faster than GrannyGear (I won't even give them First Gear speed) they would be able to handle the minimal customers that store gets. 

I refuse to use those stoopid self check stations!  Cuz I'm too stoopid to figure out how to Scan the first Item and the Place the item in the Bag, Oh-I forgot to click that I brought my own bag, now what do I do?  Oh yea...Scan Your Next Item, Place the item in the bagging area.....

Good thing I have the Automaton Bagger telling me every step!  I wouldn't have been able to figure that out!  :banghead:

Granted the store is under new management as of several years ago.  I pulled my salsa out of the store under the old management.  But several of the employees are the same.  In the mornings, the checker is stocking the endcap right next to the check out.  Customer comes up with a few things, and the checker finishes stocking the shelf and finally heaves up to wait on the customer which is usually someone on their way to work  Not like they are in a hurry or anything!  :rolleyes:

OK....snarky rant over.  But that is what this thread is for. 

I'm still grinding my teeth/gears over shit with Amazon Seller. :mad:  

I started to think... You know what really grinds my gears now??

After watching food network and travel channel over the years, I started to notice more and more that when someone says " There are chilies in the dish/recipe", "Oh it's too hot because of chili" "I put peppers in this/that" acting as if there is only one chili/pepper in the whole world. But no one ever asks which type or even corrects them.

The reason I started thinking this, is because when you watch other cooking related shows or even read recipes they say other specific ingredients like "almonds" for nuts, "cheddar" for cheese, "chuck" for ground beef, It can go on and on... lol

Let me know what you think

That is a pretty good one, bdb~ a pimento, a serrano or a t-scorpion..they could all be a "spicy red chile"...

BDBeatz said:
After watching food network and travel channel over the years, I started to notice more and more that when someone says...... 
I hate recipes on those shows when the host says, "If you want the dish EXTRA spicy, leave the seeds in!"

AAAAAARRRRRGGHH!!! Drives me nuts! If you want the dish "extra spicy," ditch the seeds (because they taste like shit, haha) and ADD MORE CHILES. They can't seem to wrap their heads around the fact that the seeds are COATED in capsaicin. They don't "contain" it

Back