• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

You know you're a Chilli nut when...............

ColdSmoke said:
your computer passwords are are all some variation of pepper strains
Every 90 days I have to change my password at work. Here's a list of past ones(min 8 characters w/numbers & upper/lower case letters):
7PotBrain
ChocoH4b
FataaLi1
Gh0stp3pper
H4ban3r0

I have to keep track of them because somewhere there's a data base that saves past PW's and won't let me use them again.
Thank God there's thousands of varieties to choose from :party:

Calamari Kid said:
Yup. just done this:

Nagalagh, Caramel Bhut, and Jigsaw.

Looks like I *WILL* be needing a bigger grow space!

In the process ATM. May even have to forgo my Enjoya peppers in favour of actual chillies.

AaronTT said:
When folks will trust you with their lives, but not their food :lol:

Have a group of brothers that are like my own. One of them is known as the munch master because he is always taking bites from others food. He knows better now not to try anything from my plate. I got that sucker more than a couple times. :twisted:  

My family and friends love my cooking but if there is even a suspicion  I might have spiced a dish up, they are as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. My father in law thinks  that plain  yoghurt is spicy.  lol   I have had him complain about something being too spicy because there was fresh garlic and black pepper in it.     

Ashen said:

My family and friends love my cooking but if there is even a suspicion  I might have spiced a dish up, they are as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. My father in law thinks  that plain  yoghurt is spicy.  lol   I have had him complain about something being too spicy because there was fresh garlic and black pepper in it.     
I always laugh when I hear people say that black pepper is hot, lol. :rolleyes:

I've said this before and I'll say it again. If you make a strong black pepper sauce, my entire face will stream. Ground on to food it's nothing but peppercorns cooked up well can be something serious.
And then you get people with mild allergies. Banana is genuinely hot for some unfortunate people.

Onions can have a noticeable, if mild, spice to them when seriously overdone in a dish. Garlic I'm less sure on.

Ketchup and yoghurt? WtF is wrong with those people?!

Oh and @salsalady, I could certainly believe that. I use Habanero shower gell regularly and nothing beats it on tired muscles after a hard day. Forget those "muscle soak" bath products they sell.
I even hear the people of trinidad used to grind up their Scorpion peppers as part of a topical cream for bad backs.

Don't know if they have these products accross the pond (I'm sure they do, just maybe not the same brand name) but there are commercial creams containing capsaicin for muscle relief, back strains, etc.  Put chile powder in your sox to keep feet warm in the winter.  Why not make the lotion yourself and save some $$?

I haven't heard the one about ketchup being too spicy.  WOW.  Onions, garlic, cinnamon, and a whole other bunch of vegetables (horseradish) and spices all have a pungency rating or scale.  They can actually be tested in a lab for pungency.  Which is technically what the heat of chile/chili/chillis is called.  :lol:

spicefreak said:

Ketchup and yoghurt? WtF is wrong with those people?!

The yoghurt was an exaggeration but he is still leery of eating red bell peppers  in case they are hot.   True Story. 

I have heard of the ketchup thing before but in that instance the person ended up testing as an extreme super taster.  I don't think it was so much spicy as the flavour was  too intense for them. 

Back