• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

movies Your favorite movie

What movie is your favorite or has had an impact on you..Myself Im a big Stephen King fan and Im always going back and watching his movies..one of my faves is The Stand..Mind you I like alot of other movies but anything to me from Stephen king rules

Great subject CP...

Top Five:

High Plains Drifter
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
The Natural
Pulp Fiction
Debbie Does Dallas 2

Hard to choose just one or even a few... I LOVE movies!

Hmm...
Psycho
The Godfather
Goodfellas
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
The Terminator
Soldier
Thelma & Louise
Schindler's List

And MANY, MANY OTHERS...

OR we could just talk about it here.
It won't be the end of the world and it is your post, so... your choice.

I like a lot of shows, but none are actually good. the few I really like are kinda weird.
Yes South Park is awesome, but my taste is more like The Sopranos, New Tricks and I do admit to have an addiction to Doctor Who (downloading today's episode right now). there is this one British mini-series called Jekyll - purely brilliant! the lead actor (Nesbit) is a damn genius.

I wouldn't call it my favorite movie, but a movie I highly recommend for comedy is Idiocracy. It's a typical Mike Judge flick, a good bit of obvious comedy and a ton of stuff hidden in the background or things you don't catch the first time you watch it. Ever since I saw that movie I can't help but laugh everytime I hear the word "upgrade", and that cell phone commercial with Beyonce singing "upgrade" makes me lose it.

Wow, that's a tricky one, there are a lot of good movies out there and I'm bound to forget a few...

I really like old scifi/horror flicks, from the silent ones to the 60's/70's "trash", especially the early Universal films and the 40's/50's monster stuff (you know, the Jack Arnold movies etc...) and the Hammer movies. There'd be too many to list, it would require a new thread I guess! :)

....and also:
Pulp Fiction
Memento
Fargo
Butterfly Effect
Ali G. inda House
Very Bad Things
9:11
Night/Dawn/Day of the Dead
all John Carpenter movies
Terminator Alien
An American Werewolf in London
Wild Creatures
Bang Boom Bang
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
The Big Lebowski

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure introduced Californian talk into our family thus changing the way we speak forever (something I told Burnie Cassey when I did his headshots) so that's on my list.

Terminator 1 and 2, Aliens, Airplane, The Back to the Future Tillogy, and The Big Labowski are all tied for first place.

favorite movie!? cant say jusy one. to many to list but heres some.
star wars
star trek
lord of the rings
underworld
chronicles of riddick
schindlers list
saving pvt ryan
platoon
FMJ
kellys heros
dirty dozen
saw(s)
planet of the apes
plus many more

if its suspense,drama,action,violence,things blowing up,female nudity - those are good movies :lol:
movies that are dumb funny like dumb & dumber,balls of feary or others like this I dont find off the wall/mockery stupid humor as funny movies or worth watching. but simpsons/family guy/south park mockery is worth watching.

Favorite movie is one about Native Americans "Wind Walker" yes it's an old one, about 1980. I would rather read as so many books get ruined or are diswappointing once they are movies. Stephen King is great but I don't care for horror movies, yeah showing my age...tell me a good story.

Back