• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

movies Your favorite movie

Sickmont said:
Man, i love the soundtrack for that movie....fits the film wonderfully.

"Let the boy try!"

Great movie. Still needs a special edition release but the current one does have a nice commentary from Borman.

BTW, Crippled Masters is a hoot!

yay repo man! haha That movie was nothing like I was expecting it to be. We rented it a while back because it looked funny to see Emilo trying to look tough on the cover. Great movie though.

For me..

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Airplane!
Spaceballs
Alien/Aliens
Predator
Natural Born Killers

kinda hard to think of some of them..I haven't really been able to watch any movies for months.

First off....CHUK....Videodrome is a GREAT flick....second, what the heck is with all of you loving A Clockwork Orange? Don't get me wrong I am cool with everyone having their own taste, but I just don't get the appeal of that movie at all. I rewatched it three times to try to love it, but dang, I think I would rather watch Steel Magnolias....No thats a lie, but close.

ok, since it was brought up in another thread, i definitely am a fan of Basket Case.

Also:
I'm gonna git you sucka
Amazon women on the moon
Kentucky Fried Movie

gardenkiller said:
what the heck is with all of you loving A Clockwork Orange? Don't get me wrong I am cool with everyone having their own taste, but I just don't get the appeal of that movie at all. I rewatched it three times to try to love it, but dang, I think I would rather watch Steel Magnolias....No thats a lie, but close.

Well, I've always thought it was a very compelling movie. Not in my top 10 or even top 20 but still an undeniable classic. great social commentary/satire and I think McDowell is brilliant in it.

While not my favorite director by a longshot, I do have a lot of respect for Kubrick's work and this is one of his better films, IMHO.

I don't know how old you are, but if you are younger I can see how it would seem rather dated. Other than that, I think it's a great film. The book is pretty good too. :)

best comedy: kill bill vol1 and vol2

best military training scene:full metal jacket

most realistic flight: behind enmey lines

I saw WANTED the other day with Angelina jolie and i didn't mind it but it was all a bit hard to swallow.

I saw TAKEN with Liam neeson on the weekend and i enjoy it very much. I've always liked Liam as an actor and he didn't disappoint.

Sickmont said:
ok, since it was brought up in another thread, i definitely am a fan of Basket Case.

Also:
I'm gonna git you sucka
Amazon women on the moon
Kentucky Fried Movie

I liked KFM..though I think Airplane was better. I'm gonna git you sucka was pretty damn funny too..same with Don't be a menace.. :lol:

A couple that are can't miss

Usual Suspects
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
Tommyboy
Back to the Future
Fargo

I cannot believe I got no harrssment foe The English Patient post. Ok, this time I,m serious, I think this was a late 80's movie, it was a sleeper but I thought it was pretty good.

Can't believe I never posted on this thread. I also can't believe no one mentioned my favorite movie: Tombstone. I also like: Rounders, Rocky II, The Fugitive, Fast and the Furious, Silence of the Lambs, and as others have said Natural Born Killers.

JayT said:
Can't believe I never posted on this thread. I also can't believe no one mentioned my favorite movie: Tombstone. I also like: Rounders, Rocky II, The Fugitive, Fast and the Furious, Silence of the Lambs, and as others have said Natural Born Killers.

We were all over Tombstone in movie quotes.....and yes great movie

Back