• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

breeding Your up and coming crosses

The Pink Tiger, it's been around for a bit now and everyone's wanting to grow it because of how it phenotypically grows in terms of color. And they say the flavor is really good as well!

LawrenceJ2007 said:
The Pink Tiger, it's been around for a bit now and everyone's wanting to grow it because of how it phenotypically grows in terms of color. And they say the flavor is really good as well!
No I mean what are the parents - which cross is the pink tiger?

Red, yellow, chocolate and peach bhut jolokia X pimento de neyde, any of those Bhuts will produce some type of Tiger maybe, but I think the Red Bhut was crossed with the pimento de neyde which made the Pink Tiger!

working on 3 and trying to make one or 2 new nasty for the following years :)

DC Moruglah
DC Bhutch T
My version of CHoc Bhut x yellow 7 (very long pods)

Bhut Jolokia x Pimenta de Neyde Black Peach
F4 Seeds from Jungle Rain

blackpeach.JPG

If they flower together, I'm gonna do a purple flash and white hab. ...

Hoping for the purple flash foliage traits and white pods....

rhm3769 said:
If they flower together, I'm gonna do a purple flash and white hab. ...

Hoping for the purple flash foliage traits and white pods....
sounds interesting! would love to hear about those results!

Musttt. musssttt. sign up and follow this topic. Closely.  :P

Dulac said:
... if rocopica will cross with c. baccatum and do some c. eximium x c. pubescens crosses. I'll also be mixing various c. baccatums with c. chinese. That's quite a bit of work this year. Next or if I have time this season, I'll be working on c. galapagoense x c. annuum as well as, c. frutescens, c. chacoense, and c. praetermissum. I've decided to see what the limits of interspecific hybrids are, if it's possible to take the pubescens complex to the annuum complex or vice versa. I didn't explain in detail what I'm doing, but I'm excited about it. If c. baccatum and eximium can't cross maybe another will.

^^ I signed up because of that comment.

Back