• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

zaaschila habanero

I recently received a bottle of this from a friend stranded in San Antonio. I wonder if anyone else has had experience with it? I like it--strong hab flavor, and I was surprised at how hot it isn't. I was thinking it's about a 6, and doesn't last terribly long. Most of you guys, I'm guessing, would give it about a 4 or 5.

I started this test sandwich with about 1.5 tsp. I added another tsp. There was too much bread. Today I had summer sausage on small corn tortillias X 2, each with about a tablespoon of sauce. I'm paying for the eggs today!

1_4_10Inthemail002.jpg

That looks like an interesting sauce. Judgeing from your pic, I can see chunks of Habs? Is it a local sauce to San Antonio?

Post the ingredients dudeeeeeee!

OH This is way too wierd!!

Just this afternoon, hubby and I were rummaging (note adverb) through the refer shelves and pulled out some old hot sauces that had been in there FOREVER! We threw out the Mezzetta Habanero Hot Sauce (twist and shout) and an ugly colored Tamarula Extra Hot Hot Sauce (price about 6 years ago... 65cents). Hubby tasted both and declared both to be yucky and not hot. (the NotHot part is kinda cool, since he has gradually become a medium chilehead as a result of being the victim....UMMMM....I MEAN .....VOLUNTEER.....for my many hot sauce creations!)

One of the bottles we pulled out and saved was zaaschila Habanero salsa picante. It has an expiration date of Feb2008, but it still looks good and tastes good!

FYI-
water, habanero pepper, salt, carrot, acetic acid, xanthan gum, lemon juice, condiments and spices, 0.1% sodium benzoate, FD&C Red No.40.

It also claims to be "extra Hot"--- "70,000-350,000 Scoville Heat Units". (that's a pretty wide range for one sauce?????)

My label looks similar to the one posted.

A tag on the top neck reads..."nueva imagen...misa formula" . What could that mean?!?

salsalady said:
OH This is way too wierd!!

Just this afternoon, hubby and I were rummaging (note adverb) through the refer shelves and pulled out some old hot sauces that had been in there FOREVER! We threw out the Mezzetta Habanero Hot Sauce (twist and shout) and an ugly colored Tamarula Extra Hot Hot Sauce (price about 6 years ago... 65cents)

OUCH.....you threw away old hot sauces??? As a collector, I just about passed out when I read this. NEVER do that! :lol: If you don't want them, I'll pay for the postage!

Back