• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Zaxby's Insane Sauce Copycat?

Is anyone familiar with Zaxby's Insane Sauce? I've been trying to come up with something that's similar to that but of course, they won't divulge their copyrighted sauce ingredients.

It seems doubtful (being a commercial restaurant) that they would use anything hotter than Habaneros, but I don't know. It's definitely hotter that any of the other sauces I've tried in various restaurants including Tijuana Flats and Habanero's but it also has a great flavor. I would like to make something like that.

Does anyone who's familiar with that sauce have any experience trying to recreate it or any ideas about what pepper(s) they might be using?

Thanks!

I see this is a wing place with different levels of sauces. The Insane could be the regular with extract or an extract hot sauce. Do the peppers taste the same through the levels?

Extract

I found Nuclear's ingredients on reddit

Red Peppers, distilled vinegar, salt, water, tomato paste, mustard, high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, garlic, spices, soybean oil, onion, sugar, paprika, xanthan gum, extractives of capsicum, potassium sorbate, and sodium benzoate, soybean oil, natural flavor.

Back