• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Cabot's White Oak cheddar taco nachos!! Some other sorta crappy American cheese too. Used up the last of my taco meat.
K6X2NVu.jpg

Well, the open jar of LaoGanMa was bit low. More of a "crisp" than having much oil left so i had a brain fart. I was craving hot oil wontons after seeing a Strictly Dumpling vid on Youtube. LaoGanMa is rather salty and not really that spicy. Then i remembered i had some Por Kwan fried chile paste. The stuff is creaming hot for hot oil. Not much of any other flavor either including salt. It has none listed in the ingredients. So i mixed some together and added just a little rice bran oil too.
mvBjmAu.jpg

Cooked up some mini wontons, cracked out my best Shuita Shanxi 5yr black vinegar and a splash of soy sauce. VOLCANO Wontons were born!!!
2tqiuUE.jpg

texas blues said:
mrs. blues is a freak.

For chicken or pork wontons.

I don't much eat them.

But when mrs. blues does 'em up.

I steal 'em ever chance I get.

Those look goodern' hell!

Note to self:

Cook some wontons with chile sauce.

I just boil them in a little chicken stock and drain. Save a little of the stock and give them a good splooge of chile oil, vinegar and soy sauce. LaoGanMa is salty enough you can skip the soy sauce....for me though i gots to have the black vinegar and not the cheap stuff from Taiwan. Good aged Shanxi or Gold Plum Chinkiang is ok too. These things are like crack.

Chinkiang is made from rice https://www.amazon.com/Gold-Plum-Chinkiang-Vinegar-18-6/dp/B00BUIKGU0

Shanxi is a multi grain black vinegar. Good markets sell it for far less than Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/shanxi-naturally-fermented-superior-Vinegar/dp/B077M4XG52

Braided BBQ Porkloin 

oT9CG0E.jpg
8aEE6PL.jpg

Ev3A5mo.jpg

dzKux03.jpg

then i made a marinade for it to soak in out of the last of the lime pickled red onions, garlic, and pineapple juice.
KEEQuRf.jpg

pE6UVkV.jpg

let that soak, massaging the bag occasionally 

jyTdAps.jpg
removed from marinade and ready to rub down then braid it up with some bacon weaved in there too 

wty8K2k.jpg
GIPS sweet heat Bbq rub  :party:

yT57tsT.jpg
weaved a bacon blanket and rubbed that down too then added some brown sugar

NjcDSvT.jpg
all rubbed down and ready to be braided

7AiyhBa.jpg

nZi7YbP.jpg

P9oVSUZ.jpg
E9v7qnE.jpg

lets not forget some quick sauce
cy2Xqcc.jpg
juice from some vac sealed frozen red Jalapeno rings,Pineapple juice,moar Bbq rub,and brown sugar

j3hLLQa.jpg

krPVRXV.jpg
T1c41Bu.jpg

TBiOldG.jpg
so juicy and delicious  :drooling:

:cheers: 

I bet that braided method would work well for al pastor style tacos without the rotisserie/trompo.

I think you should try it. Cut like you do already. But marinade it in an al pastor marinade. Then, take a few pineapple rings and just thread them over the cut pieces. The pieces will fit through a pineapple ring. Use a few only, like two per strand, spaced, then tie it up, add more marinade, and cook per usual but finish with broil for a char on both sides. When it comes out shave (cut on bias) into al pastor tacos with all the sauce and pineapple char goodness! Boom!!!!!!!!!

The Hot Pepper said:
I bet that braided method would work well for al pastor style tacos without the rotisserie/trompo.

I think you should try it. Cut like you do already. But marinade it in an al pastor marinade. Then, take a few pineapple rings and just thread them over the cut pieces. The pieces will fit through a pineapple ring. Use a few only, like two per strand, spaced, then tie it up, add more marinade, and cook per usual but finish with broil for a char on both sides. When it comes out shave (cut on bias) into al pastor tacos with all the sauce and pineapple char goodness! Boom!!!!!!!!!
now that sounds fantasticle too 

will definitely have to give that a try  :drooling:

The Hot Pepper said:

Boom goes the dynamite!

Thats a great Idea THP.

Wait...

THP likes to be liking pineapple!

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
:point:
what, you mean you don't want pineapple and Ranch in your guacamole ?  :sick:           :lol:

texas blues said:
I've never mixto'd ranch with guac.

Muchas gracias for the tip.

Pineapple in guac.

Will butt rockettt your world.

True story.
:high:

texas blues said:
Throwdown some quac.

Some ranch.

Pineapple.

Ground pequin with Fiesta chile lime.