• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Superbowl Fare

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
What will you make for the big day? Wings, we already know.. what else?? :lol:

Post recipes!

Will make some Armadillo eggs on the grill. Stuffed Jalapeños with different flavored (strawberry, chive, etc...) Cream cheese then cover completely with a mixture of country sausage and shredded cheese each wrapped with a piece of bacon. Don't know if I can wait now...

Mix up a big bowl of about 2 lb's country sausage (Owens/Jimmy Dean) with a large bag or block of cheddar cheese(I like Colby), then put aside.

Take approx. 1lb of Jalapeños (if large jalapeños you can cut in half) and stuff with cream cheese (family likes strawberry because you get sweet with the heat, I like the sour cream and chive, haven't tried the new chocolate yet) after stuffing jalapenos take sausage cheese mixture and form a patty.

Place Jalapeño in the patty and form the sausage all around the jalapeño so it is fully covered, wrap with bacon and place toothpick all the way through. Cook on grill, at first sear with flame and then cook indirect till done.

Hope that helps Marco.

Coonass stuffing! I got the recipe from The Hot sauce blog last year and i've been gorging myself on it at least twice a week.

*link removed, not allowed.

bigdawg - that sounds really good :shocked: I gotta try that one day.
for me a every super bowl thing is a cheese salsa dip, I use velveeta cheese, my home made salsa, & sometimes I'll even get fresh onions-chiles to add to it, & then add hamburger, mix it all up & eat with chips (preferably lime flavored)

chilehunter said:
bigdawg - that sounds really good :shocked: I gotta try that one day.
for me a every super bowl thing is a cheese salsa dip, I use velveeta cheese, my home made salsa, & sometimes I'll even get fresh onions-chiles to add to it, & then add hamburger, mix it all up & eat with chips (preferably lime flavored)

I like to make a cheese salsa dip similar to yours, you just can't go wrong with a whole block of Velveeta cheese and salsa. I change it up just a little by using Spicy Ground Breakfast Sausage...works really good.

Back