• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bruces Grow log 400 watt hps, ebb and flow hydroponics setup, Naga morich and more

I will be growing naga morich,trinidad scorpion,and tabasco peppers, along with a couple skullcap lateriflora seeds.

I just started them on the first of June from seed. I will be using General hydroponics Floranova grow and bloom. I also have a few choice additives I will be adding to see if it will add an extra punch to the heat.

Growing inside a secret jardin DR80 fully equipped with a 400 watt hps with cooltube reflector and exhaust fan. Here are a few pictures. Sorry about the quality of the pictures but they were taken with my cell phone. I have a usb cable en route to me for my camera so better pics will be coming soon.

Please feel free to drop in and offer any advise,criticism (Good or Bad) Any and all comments are welcome. Come in and have a seat and watch the show!

Anyone know why I can only add 4 images? I assume it's a spam reducer thing, but when will it be lifted? Or can someone manually remove it for me since I am obviously not a spam bot?!

Bruce159 said:
I guess nobody is really interested until there is actually some plants to see huh?!!?:oops: :evil:

Fvck that! I'm interested dude! Throw up some pics and info and plans and junk! Its all good in da hood! What ppm are you mixin?? How long are your flood time spaced apart and how many a day?? Bring tha INFO!! WOOOOOT!!! :woohoo: (GAWD I LOVE COFFEE!!!)

PPM is at 0 right now during the seed starting stage. When they are about a week or 2 old I will be adding nutes probably to around 250PPM and move up 50-100PPM a couples times slowly until I reach 700-900 PPM. I also changed my mind about the nutes and will be going with the flora grow,bloom,micro 3 part system.
Right now I am planning on flooding the system every 2-3 hours for 15-20 minutes when the lights are on and once every 6 hours the lights are off.
How's the weather in Hawaii? I hate you for that btw! :evil:

I wonder what the odds are of my door getting kicked in for ordering all of these grow supplies? Anyone ever had or heard of that happening to people growing legal things in their homes? I don't have anything to worry about but I started getting curious as to if it had ever happened to anyone?

Who knows...would be funny as hell though.......Door flys open..."FAIRBORN POLICE!! FREEZE!! GIT YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN S.......oh, wait a second...peppers? Haha, lame. Have a nice day sir, sorry for the mix-up."

Would be funny as hell! lol, They would probably be like "Oops, this was the wrong place all together yep....Sorry for the mix up, here have a candy bar."

Bruce159 said:
I wonder what the odds are of my door getting kicked in for ordering all of these grow supplies? Anyone ever had or heard of that happening to people growing legal things in their homes? I don't have anything to worry about but I started getting curious as to if it had ever happened to anyone?

I waiting for it to happen to me lol the town I live in in is pot farmer central just checkout the link to my local area busts, 62 grow houses so far in the past year (and thats just the ones who were dumb and got caught) in and around my town

http://search.news-press.com/sp?skin=&aff=1100&keywords=grow+house

I was wondering what made you change your mind from using Flora Nova to the Flora 3 part?
I am currently using Flora Nova grow and bloom & Floralicious

Well, I have both the flora grow/bloom and also have the floranova series. But I figured I would save the floranova since it is more expensive for other plants later on down the road when I know more about hydro and whatnot.

I don't know about Fairborn but in Cincinnati I could probably grow anything upstairs without the cops even looking. Two years ago, I had a 54-watt red/blue LED panel in a window over a tomato plant. The window was covered with plastic but the light was visible. No questions were ever asked.

Last summer, I had a hibiscus (Tainung 2 strain) growing in my front yard. Unless one looked closely at it, it looked like a 7-foot tall pot plant. No cop ever stopped!

I don't think the cops around here really care if someone is growing a few pot plants, not that I am. Yeah, if you are selling a half-pound or more a week, and your utility bills are much higher than normal - you might get a visit. But for the most part, I suspect that someone who wants a plant for their own use would have little to fear.

One other suggestion - if you can afford and your system can support it, I would look into a MH bulb. The stuff (tomatoes, basil, pepper) I grew under the 400 watt HPS got extremely lanky. I just bought a conversion bulb (400 watts, 38,000 lumens, 6000K color) for $45 from HTG supply.

Mike

Yeah, I have been meaning to get a MH bulb. I just went over my budget on the grow and had to put a hold on it for now.

Here is just a little update, none of the trinidads have come up. I also added aji lemon to the list. I have 3 naga morichs, two aji lemons in the same pot, and tabasco. And also the new cam to take the pics with!! :D All the plants that have popped seem to be doing great, PH is not fluctuating. Temp is staying within range and overall the babies look happy. Enjoy the pics, hopefully they will start shooting up like crazy soon!

Added a small amount of flora micro today. It called for 1/4 teaspoon per gallon. It also called for the flora grow too but instead of adding that I am going to wait to see how the seedlings take the micro. I think it is way too early for the grow and micro. The leaves were yellowing a bit already so I could tell they are ready for at least a small dose of nutes so they got them! :)

****Crickets chirping****

You are going to run outta room fast in there! Good luck. And i told the cops that you DEFINATELY had only a couple of pot plants for personal use and absolutely no peppers for selling.... Wait... I think I may have stuffed up I better ring 'm back.

Back