• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Seafood Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
The Hot Pepper said:
Paulky won with 14! Sum had 13.

I merged these two threads and the poll went poof! But y'all that looked at 12:18 saw.

Paulky you really deserved that one! Congrats.
Pretty simple. Any seafood dish, must be spicy.
Proof of Life* = .10
Post name of dish, ingredients, cooking methods, and presentation pic in one post!
1 entry limit.
Ends: Sunday 10 pm ET.
*Coins in your teaser (or finished) pic to prove these pics are for the competition.

Is this a one recipe or a one plate competition? I need to know in order to streamline my entry...;)

...I could fill up a table with capable entries.

Pretty simple. Any seafood dish, must be spicy.
Proof of Life* = .10
Post name of dish, ingredients, cooking methods, and presentation pic in one post!
1 entry limit.
Ends: Sunday 10 pm ET.
*Coins in your teaser (or finished) pic to prove these pics are for the competition.

So I have to throw a dime in there to prove I took the picture, or ten pennies or something?

Bingo. Now enter!

You can win...

<--------------------------------

one of those!

Wow. Way to taunt with the crown THP! I am so looking forward to this one. I am making probably my favorite seafood dish. I am pretty sure that others will make it as well, but I will do my best. Good luck everyone.

I've been wearing my Berkley polarized $5 Walmarket-special sunglasses all day.

You know what that means... ridiculous tan lines!

I think I spotted FD4 wading the flats with a BassPro mesh hat complete with gold hook clipped on the visor and sleeveless shirt.

Wow. Way to taunt with the crown THP! I am so looking forward to this one. I am making probably my favorite seafood dish. I am pretty sure that others will make it as well, but I will do my best. Good luck everyone.

I see a seafood pasta brewin!!!!

My entry will be slightly smaller than Caesar's ego.....

.....bring it.

Naw... this throwdown calls for something different... white bird of paradise. <--- A banana leaf look-a-like ;) , but banana is on the menu... no worries.

hmmmph. I am not in possession of these sacred leaves. I must climb the mountain and consult my brujo to discover the mysteries of all 'thangs seafood.

Lookin forward to seein what all ya in FL are gonna git fishin'... And what up CH- I have some humboldt squid on hand as a matter of fact, that'll be a backup plan tho- gonna head out tomorrow morn and see what I get. Water temps are lame here, the tuna are still way too far down for a day trip, so gonna stay local. A good day will mean yellowtail. But judging by the current conditions- calico bass is probably more like what I'm gonna be bringin home.

Alright...BRING IT ON!!!!!!! I want to see Neptune's Feast!!!!

Everything under the sea...ready and waiting for my .......(uuuummmm) VIRTUAL feasting!

Sheesh! will it be a crab boil or a deep fried platter?!? I LOVE seafood!!!!

My Entry will be a little less than a feast for everyone, but a feast for a few....

IT'S TIME TO PARTY!!!!!

hmmmph. I am not in possession of these sacred leaves. I must climb the mountain and consult my brujo to discover the mysteries of all 'thangs seafood.

TB- These sacred leaves only grow at certain altitudes and latitudes. Don't climb too high, nor too far north. Seek the seer of "all things salmon that are Alaskan crab crusted" and you shall have found yourself moments away from Nirvana... so goes the prophecy of leaves of paradise... from what I've deciphered.

Boutros- good luck on the catchin'. I think yellowtail in SoFlo is a different fish than SoCal's. Our's are snappers... and delicious. I don't know anything about Pacific yellowtail. Fingers crossed, I'll reel in a yellowtail's cousin or two tomorrow morning, and be sportin' a bad-ass reverse raccoon tan. Hope you do the same.

Cheers!

Seek the seer of "all things salmon that are Alaskan crab crusted"

All things salmon need not be ALASKAN-crab encrusted, and if need be to encust, then Dungeness shall surely prevail!

Gotta root for the home team. Just wait til you see our local seafood vendor tomorrow!

LOVE IT!

Alright...BRING IT ON!!!!!!! ...!!My Entry will be a little less than a feast for everyone, but a feast for a few....IT'S TIME TO PARTY!!!!!

... Just wait til you see our local seafood vendor tomorrow! LOVE IT!

SL- Seems like there are contradictory statements here. Are you playing mind-games with us? (Good tactic)... Tell your local fishmonger there is something serious on the line here, and nothing less than the best will do!

Bring it SL... we know you got it!

I'm going to get up early with my tuna net and go catch a porpoise for this one.

can you eat manatee (or would it at least smile pretty for the final plating)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back