• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense naganumbness eats the butch T scorpion

this one was instant heat. right off the rip. the initial flavour was just overpowering capsicum flavour. major tongue pain as well as killer throat pain. this went on for about 15 minutes then as it eased off and went into the 20 minute mark the flavour became really sweet and fruity! this was a surpsirse to have the flavour completely change so quickly. if you can get through the suffering this turns out to be an amazing pepper which i'll definatley grow plenty of next year. i got to give this one a slight edge over the douglah but that's just me. there both devastating to take whole. enjoy!

Wonderful review Naga , Butch TS is definitely hot! The only thing I would disagree on ,is that its only slightly hotter than a Douglah!
It is the only pepper to ever make my lips numb! I love it!
Kevin

thanks wayright! i think this is probably the hottest thing i've had so far! it's so much smaller than the douglahs i consumed this season but it hurt like hell. one of the worst throat burns i've ever felt.

Hey Naga,
another great review. Thanks for getting the flavor in there. We haven't decided if we'll grow any of them crazy-hots next year, since all they're good for around here is feeding to the bro-in-law~~ :lol: but at least this one sounds like it has some redeeming flavor.

btw- maybe check the camera lens, it looks like maybe a smudge on the lens in the video.

Keep Up the good work!

SL

Great review Ed! Way to take one for the team. LOL I am blown away. I guess I need to just suck it up and eat a whole pod. The half of Judy's ButchT I ate did not hurt anywhere as much as yours did. The flavor may have been different because I ate it slowly bite by bite instead of all at once. I am glad you got a little of the nice flavor to enjoy at the very end. I am going to buy a box of Judy's scorpions that she is selling and ask here if she has 1 or 2 Butch T's she can throw in. I will try them again and see if I can sucker Ronnie into doing it with me.

Damn man, you have a pain threshold that makes 99% of humanity look like 4 year old girls! How you can handle this without going for a drink is beyond me. Unreal!

thanks for watching salsalady! it's not a smudge. the lens is cracked unforunatley. if i shoot in the daytime no glare at all but it took some time to work up the guts to do another scorpion after doing 2 others this year. both ending tragically! if i were you i'd grow this one. i've never cooked with it but there is a nice flavour once the pain goes away!

thanks for watching judy ! thanks for the pepper and the oppertunity to grow this one! those little peppers are mean! next i got your yellow scorp , your dorset , your red bhut , your choc bhut and buddys naga cross. can't wait to grow barrackpore!

thanks for watching michael! i think to suffer like that the seeds and everything just has to be in there. it was right there with douglah and it was small. the douglahs i got from silver surfer were scary! huge spikey just painfull. this little scorp was right there and hit the tongue and the throat real bad.thanks for watching Bringtheheat! you just have to not have the liquids near and commit to what your doing. you can do it , it's just a mindset. your gonna buil it up in your head worse than it actually is , then when you do it you'll see it's not so bad. thanks for watching hucklebuck! yeah me and scorpions don't really get along but i'm trying anything i can now that winter is coming. winter sucks. at least with this scorpion i didn't feel like i was gonna have a baby this time. no stomach trauma. maybe after yellow and barrackpore i no longer have a stomach!

thanks for watching michael! i think to suffer like that the seeds and everything just has to be in there. it was right there with douglah and it was small. the douglahs i got from silver surfer were scary! huge spikey just painfull. this little scorp was right there and hit the tongue and the throat real bad.thanks for watching Bringtheheat! you just have to not have the liquids near and commit to what your doing. you can do it , it's just a mindset. your gonna buil it up in your head worse than it actually is , then when you do it you'll see it's not so bad. thanks for watching hucklebuck! yeah me and scorpions don't really get along but i'm trying anything i can now that winter is coming. winter sucks. at least with this scorpion i didn't feel like i was gonna have a baby this time. no stomach trauma. maybe after yellow and barrackpore i no longer have a stomach!

Great review. That pod really doesn't look like the Butch T pods that I know and grow but by the effects it had on you, it must be :)

naga - another great review of what looks like a great chile. i've now added this to list of "too extreme for buddy" pods. nicely done!

thanks potawie. i'm not sure about the lineage. i'll grow them next season and see how they turn out. damn hot though. thanks for watching buddy! thanks KS. at least this ones out of the way. i'm sure this pepper will make great hot sauce so i'll grow a lot of these.

Back