contest BEGIN! Bayou Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, final plateing pics... as strains of "Louisana's LeRoux" and "Johnny Jenkins" played in the kitchen all day to set the mode.
100_3615.jpg

Fried Alligator, with a Garlic Crawfish Beurre Blanc Habanero Sauce
Gator marinated in Shiner Bock, dipped in egg and dredged in Zatarain's Seasoned Shrimp-Fri (corn flour/wheat flour);
For the Beurre Blanc: butter, garlic, green onions, mushrooms, white wine, and heavy cream (cream and Habs run through food processor). After it reduced, added more wine and cream (without Habs) and reduced again. Added more butter and crawfish, reduced and plated.

100_3618.jpg

Chicken and Turkey Gumbo with Andoulle, crab, and Okra
Made roux using flour, and half oil-half margarine (creates a smoother roux and helps keep it from burning when you go for a "Neches River" mud color), boiled chicken, skimmed the pot, poured out half the water, shreaded the chicken and placed back in the water, dissolved roux in water, defrosted smoked turkey (from Thanksgiving) and shreaded, added chicken and beef broth to pot. Cut up andouille, added file, thyme and bay leaf, and fried in skillet long enough to sweat it- threw in pot, and reserved oil from it. Added margarine onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic... when onions opaque tossed in pot. Added okra to skillet with more margarine and flour, cooked till wilted... and in the pot. Added 1/2 tbs sea salt, more file, black pepper and cajun seasoning to taste.
Served over rice, topped with cayenne and green onion.

100_3610.jpg

"Texas-style" Nawlins BBQ Shrimp (using Shiner Bock)
Melted butter and sauted onion, garlic, celery, bell pepper, rosemary, parsley and Cajun seasoning. Added more butter, half the Shiner, lemon juice, and Worcestershire, and brought to boil. Lined shrimp in a broiler pan that fits toaster oven (our stove top works- oven is dead... gotta make due) and pour mixture to cover shrimp. After 20 minutes at 350°, plate shrimp and spoon reduced mix on top.
100_3612.jpg

East-Texas Coonass Cocktail Sauce (made with my homemade Bhuts Hot Sauce)
A poor ol' Cajun's solution to whens dey ain't got no Cocktail Sauce...
Mix ketchup, yellow mustard, lemon joice, black pepper, hot sauce, and garlic powder in a bowl... an' dat be it fo' sho'.

very nice - everything looks great

Here it is....

Circle-H Bayou Bonanza!

Here's MOST of the ingredients. Pretend like the beef in the photo is two quarters and a nickel:

100_2845.jpg

As usual....we took way too many photos...

The rest are HERE.

Let's start with my take on jambalaya. The ingredients are:

-Chicken
-Shrimps
-Andouille
-Crawfish tails
-Onion
-Celery
-Bell pepper
-Garlic
-Rice
-Chicken stock (or broth in this case)
-Cayenne powder
-Biohazard powder (naga jolokia, habanero, and a few douglahs for pure meanness!)
-S&P

Browned the chicken and sausage....then added the trinity. After it goes for about 5 minutes or so...added the garlic and the powders.

100_2865.jpg

Then I added the stock:

100_2867.jpg

Fast forward (trying to get this all in one post!).....let it simmer for 20-30 minutes, added the rice, covered for another 20 minutes, then added the crawfish and the shrimps. Gave it a stir, put the lid on the CI dutch, and let it get HAPPY while I went on to my chowder. (Pics forthcoming!)

Crawfish Corn Chowder:

-Flour
-BACON! fat for the roux
-Half & Half
-Creamed corn
-Hot Sauce
-Biohazard powder
-Chicken stock
-Crawfish tail meat
-S&P

Here is the roux for the chowder. It's more blonde than most of the others I've seen during this throwdown (mainly cause I'm making a chowder).....more of a one-beer roux!

100_2872-1.jpg

Then I added onions, garlic, and let those go a while in the pot. After 5 minutes or so, I added the cream, stock, creamed corn, tons of hot sauce, and the Biohazard:

100_2879.jpg

This simmered for another 20 minutes or so to get thicker and mature in flavor. I then added the crawfish, took it off the heat, and allowed it to stand for 10 minutes to heat through and thicken a bit more......

Oh yeah.....and there was that little pot of steamed, whole crawfish goin' on!!.....but I digest....

NOW THEN....

Here the final photos!

Big pot'O JAMBY!!

100_2889.jpg

Crawfish corn chowder:

100_2886.jpg

.....and, for all of you that are worthy when you pass on, here is what dinner in heaven will most likely look like:

100_2890.jpg

100_2901.jpg

100_2900.jpg

OH YEAH.....Dat's som guud eatin!!!

Finally, final plateing pics... as strains of "Louisana's LeRoux" and "Johnny Jenkins" played in the kitchen all day to set the mode.
Daaayum, Coach - next time your work takes you to this part of the Midwest, come on by - only YOU'RE cooking!

100_3615.jpg

Fried Alligator, with a Garlic Crawfish Beurre Blanc Habanero Sauce
Gator marinated in Shiner Bock, dipped in egg and dredged in Zatarain's Seasoned Shrimp-Fri (corn flour/wheat flour);
For the Beurre Blanc: butter, garlic, green onions, mushrooms, white wine, and heavy cream (cream and Habs run through food processor). After it reduced, added more wine and cream (without Habs) and reduced again. Added more butter and crawfish, reduced and plated.

100_3618.jpg

Chicken and Turkey Gumbo with Andoulle, crab, and Okra
Made roux using flour, and half oil-half margarine (creates a smoother roux and helps keep it from burning when you go for a "Neches River" mud color), boiled chicken, skimmed the pot, poured out half the water, shreaded the chicken and placed back in the water, dissolved roux in water, defrosted smoked turkey (from Thanksgiving) and shreaded, added chicken and beef broth to pot. Cut up andouille, added file, thyme and bay leaf, and fried in skillet long enough to sweat it- threw in pot, and reserved oil from it. Added margarine onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic... when onions opaque tossed in pot. Added okra to skillet with more margarine and flour, cooked till wilted... and in the pot. Added 1/2 tbs sea salt, more file, black pepper and cajun seasoning to taste.
Served over rice, topped with cayenne and green onion.

100_3610.jpg

"Texas-style" Nawlins BBQ Shrimp (using Shiner Bock)
Melted butter and sauted onion, garlic, celery, bell pepper, rosemary, parsley and Cajun seasoning. Added more butter, half the Shiner, lemon juice, and Worcestershire, and brought to boil. Lined shrimp in a broiler pan that fits toaster oven (our stove top works- oven is dead... gotta make due) and pour mixture to cover shrimp. After 20 minutes at 350°, plate shrimp and spoon reduced mix on top.
100_3612.jpg

East-Texas Coonass Cocktail Sauce (made with my homemade Bhuts Hot Sauce)
A poor ol' Cajun's solution to whens dey ain't got no Cocktail Sauce...
Mix ketchup, yellow mustard, lemon joice, black pepper, hot sauce, and garlic powder in a bowl... an' dat be it fo' sho'.

WOW - beautiful presentation!

Here it is....

Circle-H Bayou Bonanza!

Here's MOST of the ingredients. Pretend like the beef in the photo is two quarters and a nickel:

100_2845.jpg

The rest are HERE.

-Chicken
-Shrimps
-Andouille
-Crawfish tails
-Onion
-Celery
-Bell pepper
-Garlic
-Rice
-Cayenne powder
-Biohazard powder (naga jolokia, habanero, and a few douglahs for pure meanness!)
-S&P

Browned the chicken and sausage....then added the trinity. After it goes for about 5 minutes or so...added the garlic and the powders.

100_2865.jpg

Then I added the stock:

100_2867.jpg

Fast forward (trying to get this all in one post!).....let it simmer for 20-30 minutes, added the rice, covered for another 20 minutes, then added the crawfish and the shrimps. Gave it a stir, put the lid on the CI dutch, and let it get HAPPY while I went on to my chowder. (Pics forthcoming!)

Crawfish Corn Chowder:

-Flour
-BACON! fat for the roux
-Half & Half
-Creamed corn
-Hot Sauce
-Biohazard powder
-Chicken stock
-Crawfish tail meat
-S&P

Here is the roux for the chowder. It's more blonde than most of the others I've seen during this throwdown (mainly cause I'm making a chowder).....more of a one-beer roux!

100_2872-1.jpg

Then I added onions, garlic, and let those go a while in the pot. After 5 minutes or so, I added the cream, stock, creamed corn, tons of hot sauce, and the Biohazard:

100_2879.jpg

This simmered for another 20 minutes or so to get thicker and mature in flavor. I then added the crawfish, took it off the heat, and allowed it to stand for 10 minutes to heat through and thicken a bit more......

Oh yeah.....and there was that little pot of steamed, whole crawfish goin' on!!.....but I digest....

NOW THEN....

Here the final photos!

Big pot'O JAMBY!!

100_2889.jpg

Crawfish corn chowder:

100_2886.jpg

.....and, for all of you that are worthy when you pass on, here is what dinner in heaven will most likely look like:

100_2890.jpg

100_2901.jpg

100_2900.jpg

Damn, Paulky! :eek: Your spread has me mesmerized and drooling! I'm proud of what I made, but how can I compete with this???

Here it is....

Circle-H Bayou Bonanza!

100_2845.jpg

The rest are HERE.

-Chicken
-Shrimps
-Andouille
-Crawfish tails
-Onion
-Celery
-Bell pepper
-Garlic
-Rice
-Cayenne powder
-S&P

100_2865.jpg

Then I added the stock:

100_2867.jpg

Crawfish Corn Chowder:

-Flour
-BACON! fat for the roux
-Half & Half
-Creamed corn
-Hot Sauce
-Biohazard powder
-Chicken stock
-Crawfish tail meat
-S&P

100_2872-1.jpg

100_2879.jpg

NOW THEN....

Here the final photos!

Big pot'O JAMBY!!

100_2889.jpg

Crawfish corn chowder:

100_2886.jpg

100_2890.jpg

100_2901.jpg

100_2900.jpg

now that some great bayou cooking. after seeing that i'm not sure that i'm worthy to continue.

here's most of the ingredients. A couple items will be evolving, but the basic ingredients are there.

835aafae.jpg

proof of life-
89c4c4da.jpg

Not making hurricanes, but a tribute none the less-
eb475a60.jpg

Could not find a couple items in the store, so I made my own- Creole Mustard and Cajun Spice! Ingredients will be posted in final post-
0ef0a64f.jpg

7683eb16.jpg

I also had a couple items planned for the works but since they were not on the list...another entry for The Drunken Chef thread. :D

Let the good times roll!

Looking awesome!!! :dance:

Holy Mackeral Coach, what a spread, specially those BBQ shrimps, my favorite way to eat shrimp. Makes me wonder if I should even post, but I will anyway, too much work.

SL damn nice lookin Andouille, looks like they were smoked beautifully.

I present to yall teh cajun chaos from The Blues Kitchen...I call 'dis...

TB's Looz 'ana Poo Poo Platter.

Deep fried oyster po' boy crustini with arugula, sundried tomato and cayenne chile remoulade. Deep fried okra. Pan seared cayenne and chile shrimps. Oysters on the half shell. Mudbugs lightly sauteed in olive oil, garlic and chile's.

IMG_2891.jpg

The mayhem began with mudbugs, jumbo shrimps and oysters...

IMG_2885.jpg

Add some chiles and other whatnots....

IMG_2883.jpg

Almost forgot to post the shekels..

IMG_2887.jpg

Okra!

IMG_2889.jpg

Cast iron! How we roll up in heah'!

IMG_2890.jpg

Start the par-tay yall!!

IMG_2903.jpg

mmmmm...bugs!