• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

BigCedar's 2011/2012 GrowLog.

Hey Guys. I decided to start a growlog. I will include up to date pictures of whats going on now, My 40+ variety 250+seeds I'm starting this December indoors, And soon I'll post pictures of either me failing, or successfully keeping my current plants alive through the winter in my garage greenhouse.

You all from THP have given me so much advice and help that I figured I'd show what I'm doing here in the Pacific Northwest. show a few things, learn a few things, and hopefully teach some people a few things. The weathers quite a bit different than most of the places I see members posting from. Alot colder, alot wetter, and most of my harvest is in late October(around the same time the frost likes come back into town) but I'm tryin! Seein all the growlogs from the Midwest, the South, and Australia :shocked: Kinda made me wonder if I should even post my pictures lol. Anyway, Here goes nothin!

First Small Harvest, Cayennes, Long Slim Cayennes, And a Small Antallias Hab.
IMG_0500.jpg

Cayenne Ring of Fire
IMG_0501.jpg

Hot Lemon
IMG_0504.jpg

Long Slim Cayenne
IMG_0505.jpg

Serrano Del Sol
IMG_0506.jpg

Regular Cayenne, Huge pod.
IMG_0513.jpg

Thai Dragon
IMG_0517.jpg

Scotch Bonnet
IMG_0514.jpg

Goronong Hab
IMG_0490.jpg

Antallias Hab
IMG_0515.jpg

Fatalii
IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

Yellow 7 pod
IMG_0484.jpg

Jamaican Chocolate Hab
IMG_0507.jpg

Black Hab, The new flowers coming in on this thing are HUGE
IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

Bhuts and Nagas are just starting to set pods, the plants are lookin healthy though.
IMG_0486.jpg

Started some seeds in my indoor closet to watch the growth rate so I get an idea when to start my 200 for next year.
Tryed 5 Savinas, 15 white bhuts. 5/5 on Savinas in 5 days , 4/15 on the white bhuts in 12 days. 3 week old seedlings..
IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

:woohoo:

I will keep this updated with plenty of pictures, especially when I try my shot at continuing plant growth over the cold winter here. I've noticed along with myself, learning how to overwinter might be the most desired skill to learn here on THP. Guru, I think your 8X6ft skyscrapin Fatalii might have something to do with that.

Thanks everybody for viewing, hope you all enjoyed.
:cheers:

Great job Brandon! Very nice pics and selection of chiles. Mine are in the exact same stage as yours. If the weather keeps up through September, we should have a pretty good harvest. Sure is frustrating waiting so long for the big harvest after seeing everybody else's on THP for so long isn't it? One important change I am going to make for next year for my potted chiles is to move up to 7 gallon and bigger pots. I have about 5 or 6 in extra big pots and the size of plant and number of harvestable chiles is quite obvious. Nice start on the grow log!

Great pictures, all plants look healty and got some nice pods hanging on them ;) You don't need to be embarrassed for those!

Great job Brandon! Very nice pics and selection of chiles. Mine are in the exact same stage as yours. If the weather keeps up through September, we should have a pretty good harvest. Sure is frustrating waiting so long for the big harvest after seeing everybody else's on THP for so long isn't it? One important change I am going to make for next year for my potted chiles is to move up to 7 gallon and bigger pots. I have about 5 or 6 in extra big pots and the size of plant and number of harvestable chiles is quite obvious. Nice start on the grow log!

Thanks man! I'm glad to hear yours look like mine.. didn't know if it was me this year or the weather lol. Been a tough year for this. I'm hopin the weather carries on til Halloween lol thats way too much optimism for the NW isn't it? SO excited to see 85+ in the forecast for the weekend.. I use to hate hot weather.. I can't get enough of it now that I'm growin chiles lol. Are you going to be at the PNW chile party by any chance? Thanks for the reply dude!

Awesome peppers, how's you get them to pack on all those pods!?

Dude, I don't really have a technical answer for ya, I keep it pretty simple. Which is why I wanted to start a growlog to show my "simple" approach that seems to work, for me anyway. I use a medium grade potting soil that I get from my work for free (why I'm capable of starting 250 plants) I've been low on money this year with the new house. So I used miracle grow all purpose every 2 weeks until I saw the first buds, then switched to miracle grow bloombooster every 2 weeks. I did dilute it as well. 1scoop instead of 2.. I use to use Foxfarms but this year it just wasn't in the budget. Thanks for the reply man.

HOLY CRAP!! :eek: :eek: :eek: That is a HUGE cayenne! Save the seeds from that bad boy!
HA! You're tellin me man. All the others don't even compare. There's one about the same size but that's it. My hands aren't small either, It's a good 14-15inches. Almost bigger than the plant itself lol. I had to stake it just b/c of that pod. btw.. I am savin those seeds :hell:

Great pictures, all plants look healty and got some nice pods hanging on them ;) You don't need to be embarrassed for those!

Thanks man.. It's really great to see everyone replying. I thought for sure everyone would be thinkin.. "Really!? he doesn't have a table full of blow your face off peppers? why am I even looking at these pictures?" lol.. It's good to hear you guys enjoy it so far.. It'll get more interesting I promise. Thanks for the compliment man I appreciate it.

Not to be a downer, and it might just be me, but those don't look like any of the yellow 7pots I have on my 3 plants.

Justaguy, You are not a downer at all. I'm glad you posted. I thought the exact same thing when I was looking at the pods. Definitely not yellow 7s. The FEW peppers I grew from seed since I moved in so late in the year are growing true to form.. On impulse I bought some plants from Jimduffy since I had very few.. It's either miss labeled or not what he thought he was growing.. We shall see. btw, way to go on your grow year dude. I've enjoyed the pictures. :cheers:

Hey Brandon. I will be a the PNC event. Try to bring that honkin' cayenne if you can. It would be a show stopping party favorite. Don't be so modest about your chiles...you are doing a great job. It aint easy growing superhots in the Pacific Northwest with all those cold nights.

Amazing plants and pods for somewhere that gets rain almost all the time and little to no sun. Way to go, Brandon!

BigCedar,
everyone grows what they can where they can. And it's fun to see what and how others are growing things. Nothing to be ashamed of, especially when you're getting PODS! :woohoo! Looking forward to meeting you and your family.
SL

Hey Brandon. I will be a the PNC event. Try to bring that honkin' cayenne if you can. It would be a show stopping party favorite. Don't be so modest about your chiles...you are doing a great job. It aint easy growing superhots in the Pacific Northwest with all those cold nights.
Sweet dude! Lookin forward to meeting you. I'll try, with the way the weathers lookin for the next week I'm hopin itll ripen up in time. Thanks for the compliment too I appreciate it. You're tellin me, the growth rate is so much slower here.. I decided I'm startin seeds Nov1st so they resemble small trees when it's time to bring them outside lol..

Lookin' good man!
Thanks Rael! Pretty cool watchin your season get up n goin as well :cheers:

Amazing plants and pods for somewhere that gets rain almost all the time and little to no sun. Way to go, Brandon!
Thanks John! you're tellin me, our summer just started andddd it's just about over as well lol.. Growin these damn things is gonna end up making me wanna move someday.

BigCedar,
everyone grows what they can where they can. And it's fun to see what and how others are growing things. Nothing to be ashamed of, especially when you're getting PODS! :woohoo! Looking forward to meeting you and your family.
SL

Thanks SL! I appreciate it. I'll bring some ripe pods to the PNC event if I have any at that time. I'm very much looking forward to meeting you and your family as well :)

Time for a Growlog Update.
My Pods are finally ripening up :cool:
I wasn't expecting them to ripen this early but they are! With the non existent spring we had and the very short summer. It's amazing I even have pods. We didn't even break 90 degrees this year. To give you all in the south, east, and midwest an idea of how it's been for the PNW... Exact opposite of you.. you guys broke records for it being over 100 degrees for(#) straight days and we broke records for having the wettest spring and summer in 40 years. In my 24 years of living here I always see 95+ atleast for a week or 2 during July or August. I Hope it turns around next year. Either way. F**k the weather. Picture time :D

Big Cayenne VS Gatorade
IMG_0567.jpg

Small Harvest
IMG_0563.jpg

Goronong Hab
IMG_0598.jpg

Experimental White Bhut Seedling
IMG_0561.jpg

My First Bhut. Many more podding up, same with my nagas. It's getting late though. God speed for all my superhots :pray:
IMG_0620.jpg

Jamaican Chocolate Hab. I've grown them for 4 years and this is my first year they've grown texture somewhat like superhots should be interesting to see what they taste like..
IMG_0618.jpg

I love the half purple half green unripe Hot Lemon pods
IMG_0649.jpg

LongSlims ripening up
IMG_0628.jpg

My First NOT so mini Fatalii :)
IMG_0633.jpg

One amongst a hundred.
IMG_0634.jpg

My other Fatalii Plant
IMG_0675.jpg

Black Hab. My Friend and I tryed this one, Wasn't very flavorful. Wasn't as hot as I expected either. Great producing plant though. It was half as hot as my Fataliis.
IMG_0668.jpg

My first TS Moruga.
IMG_0667.jpg

This Serrano didn't know what it wanted to be
IMG_0655.jpg

Another bigass cayenne ripening up
IMG_0672.jpg

Serrano del sols
IMG_0652.jpg

Cool lookin Long Slim Pod
IMG_0605.jpg

Gettin all ready for next year :D
IMG_0549.jpg

Now for the "it could be your wallpaper" section..

Serrano Del Sols
IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

Wow those Cayenne peppers are huge man! :eek:
And your Fatalii are absolutely loaded!
Great work, and great pics!!

Kevin

very nice looking plants and pods congrats. Your Ring of fire plants did much better then mine(I put too many in one pot)Love your Fatalis too you have so many of them, mine didn't germinate this year but I will try again next season.
What breed of dog is that in the background border collie? Lando is my dogs name :P

Wow those Cayenne peppers are huge man! :eek:
And your Fatalii are absolutely loaded!
Great work, and great pics!!

Kevin

For you to tell me my plants are loaded.. that means I gotta be doing something right! lol.
Thanks Kevin
:cheers:

very nice looking plants and pods congrats. Your Ring of fire plants did much better then mine(I put too many in one pot)Love your Fatalis too you have so many of them, mine didn't germinate this year but I will try again next season.
What breed of dog is that in the background border collie? Lando is my dogs name :P

Thanks man! I made that mistake one year too. One plant One pot is my policy now. The other plant I didn't post a picture of has a good 150 pods on it. Crazy. Wish i was talking about my TS though lol. My dog, Price, Hes a WAYYY too energized Mini Australian Shepard. Nice guess though! looks just like one. He doesn't have the coloring most aussies have.

Back