• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Need spicy marinade for bbq fish

I am doing a bbq fish today. Got a 2kg snapper and will be doing it whole. Any ideas on marinade using my 3 orange habs and a few other smaller wilder chillis.

Also looking for ideas on sides. I am making a cold potatoe salad with chives. But need something more on the side.

Try an Indian yellow curry powder, and beer, and ziploc it. Comes out great.

curry home frys

take potatos
cube them to about 1/2 inch (amount depends on how many your serving or how hungry you are0

take olive oil or veg oil and butter
take the following (no measuring all to taste)
curry
sea salt
cumin
blk pepper
your favorite pepper powder or favorite fresh or not if you dont want it too spicy
garlic powder or fresh if you prfur
onion
annato (optional for color)
paprika (sweet)

add everything together fry on med heat intill browned

this is one of my favorites and easy

hope this helps thanks your friend Joe

Outside- Sesame oil tspn(or seeds or both), black pepper(crushed corns), dried red chillies(tabelspooon), coffee(tspn), white wine, honey to taste. Inside- Chop the habs and ad coriander and onion with garlic- stuff the fish with this.

Pics.

Marinaded.
IMG_2989.jpg

Cooked.

IMG_2991.jpg

Wow nice job. I love meat, but unfortunately my cholesterol levels having gotten higher in my old age and i'm eating more and more fish. Also looking for new ways to cook / grill fish.

Back