• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Silver Surfer's 2012 Season Shots

Forming the hilled rows and installing the drip tubing.
HilledRows.jpg

Black plastic mulch and drip line installed.
PlasticMulchInstalled.jpg

Drip lines connected to header/valve assembly.
HeaderInstalled.jpg

Plants hardened and ready for transplant to the garden.
Chillis1_4-28-12.jpg

A closer shot.
Chillis2_4-28-12.jpg

Another view.
Chillis3_4-28-12.jpg

I hope to get about 140 of these transplanted this evening.

Awesome SS!
Been anxiously waiting for your grow!!
Are you going with the same width between rows as last year?

:cool:
Kevin

Looking real dern good SS. Did you give a little bit more spacing than last year? The image of you crawling on your belly between rows was quite funny last year.

nice cant wait to see them planted.. looking good!

You and me both. Will be glad when they are all finally firmly rooted in dirt. :)

Breathtaking as always! Do you plant on a new site every year? If not, how do you avoid having to rotate crops.

Thanks Michael. Nope, same garden spot from here on out, but will probably rotate the corn's position next season since it's such a heavy feeder. As long as you supply what the plants need rotation isn't really necessary as long as you know what needs to be replenished from one season to the next.

Awesome SS!
Been anxiously waiting for your grow!!
Are you going with the same width between rows as last year?

Thanks, spreading the chilli rows out to double last season's (60 inches between rows)

:cool:
Kevin
Looks like youre ready to rock the socks off this season SS - Awesome!!! Good vibes and good luck

Appreciated, I need all of the luck I can get.

Looking real dern good SS. Did you give a little bit more spacing than last year? The image of you crawling on your belly between rows was quite funny last year.

Yep, fire ants made belly crawling an adventure. Five foot spacing this year.

SS, that is a sweet set up. Cant wait to see more!

Thanks, hopefully the wind will be calmer this season.

Um, DAMN!

and YEE HA!!!
Hi SS where you get the new toy trailer. Is that your new helper. :P :dance: :onfire:

Helper is right! No more carrying plants in and out; just a minute to wheel em out of the garage after a cool night's refuge..

Trailer frame was glued together from some scrap metal I found in the barn, bought the wheels on sale from Harbor Freight for $3.50 each and found the expanded metal locally pretty cheap.

Lookin good, as always SS. Actually just bought my drip stuff yesterday after talking about it for a couple of years. Cant wait!

WOW ....THAT IS SOME GREAT LOOKIN SOIL! I had a cousin drop by the house and start my rows and get some of the plants in the ground for me.....so I had to install weed barrier cloth after the fact...and the drip lines too....you wannna talk funny, that was an episode in itself. Not recomended! But beggers can't be choosers .....next year I will definitely follow your example(not to the same incredible scale though!) . That trailer is pretty awesome...and I will definately be "shadowing" your grow-quite an inspiration!

I was hoping you were gonna do a glog again this year! :dance:

Those raised rows look perfect, along with your starts! Nice call on the 5ft spacing too hah.

Lookin forward to watching your grow once again SS, it was quite the inspiration last year :)
Best of luck to you man.

btw.. nice growlist!

Brandon

Back