• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Silver Surfer's 2012 Season Shots

Forming the hilled rows and installing the drip tubing.
HilledRows.jpg

Black plastic mulch and drip line installed.
PlasticMulchInstalled.jpg

Drip lines connected to header/valve assembly.
HeaderInstalled.jpg

Plants hardened and ready for transplant to the garden.
Chillis1_4-28-12.jpg

A closer shot.
Chillis2_4-28-12.jpg

Another view.
Chillis3_4-28-12.jpg

I hope to get about 140 of these transplanted this evening.

Gonna try and force myself to plant fewer plants next season. :D
YEAH, Me too...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Did I see mention somewhere in your vast glog of a Yellow Douglah?

I had to leave a lot pods on the hoof when I left this time...why is that always such a hard thing to do?LOL

Sepia Serpent is a real beauty :dance: Good luck with the smoke pole come November.
Have a good one-
Dave

YEAH, Me too...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Did I see mention somewhere in your vast glog of a Yellow Douglah?

I had to leave a lot pods on the hoof when I left this time...why is that always such a hard thing to do?LOL

Sepia Serpent is a real beauty :dance: Good luck with the smoke pole come November.
Have a good one-
Dave

Thanks Dave, yeah the yellow is a variant that showed up in Billy Boy's grow of his red version.

Deer season starts Friday. :woohoo:

The 3rd frost this AM was heavier and most all plants are defoliated now so it's finally time for the last harvest.
At least it makes pickin' a lot easier. :)
Chillies1_11-13-12.jpg

Chillies2_11-13-12.jpg

Chillies3_11-13-12.jpg

Awesome SS and still more pods to pick. You are always an inspiration for my future grows.

One day hopefully i will get to plant some Chilli's into the ground and if i get even a 1/4 of your success I would be stoked.

Best of luck for the final harvest and products into the colder months

Nice final batch batch of peppers, they should make some nice hot rub to put on a big slow smoked Deer Roast or some sweet Lava Jam smeared on a big juicy Ham or on a deep fried Turkey. Bring on the Holidays I'm getting stoked up, but I can't wait till its time to start my seeds. Oh while I'm thinking of it what was your favorite hot pepper this year? I have a few plans for next year one is to purposely mutate a super hot TS to make a polyploid or a tetraploid if I'm lucky, I'll have to dig out my Horticulture books and lab notes. I'll be using Surflan or Oryzalin rather than Colchicine as it is very dangerous to use. So I'm stoked on that, I can just imagine what the pods might look like.

Wow! That is freakin ridiculous! What's your address? Why you ask?

No reason. lol j/k
In all seriousness though I'm super jealous that is one hotspot of deliciousness!

Just truly amazing.

Furthermore, you've got to see what five pounds of SS peppers looks like delivered. Several hundred perfectly shaped, ripe, intact pods, with not a single bad pod in the box.

Mind=Blown!

Makes me excited about my season next year.

Hope those morougas show up tomorrow I want to get a peach bbq sauce cooked up before thanksgiving :D

Back