• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Suggestions for a white habanero sauce?

I have about two 1-gallon freezer bags full of Peruvian White Lightning habaneros from this season. I have been saving them to make a white hot sauce, but I don't want to ruin my only shot at it. It took me forever to harvest these things. They're so little, and the plant produces so many of them! I think they'd make a great unique hot sauce...the only requirement is that I'd like it to stay white-ish in color for the uniqueness factor.

Any ideas?

White bullet sauce,hmm,,They have such a strong flavor!

I made a White 7 sauce with pineapple and some PI 257137 a few days ago!
whitensaucey.jpg

I sooo wanted to use brown sugar ,but didnt want to ruin the color! :P
whitepineapple.jpg

Not sure on tha PH,but I will use this up quickly! :)
White7pineapplesauce.jpg

:cool:
Kevin

Ya white bullets to me are nasssstyyyy/ I havea couple dried ones lol. I am still gonna grow a plant of them tho cuz 1 they are cool and 2 i wanna make some other white crosses. but I dont have any sauce recommendations cuz I wouldnt put them in my food haha

What kind of sauce are you looking for? I had an idea of a white pizza sauce with these in it.....like creamy and parmesan cheesy....then mozzarella and chicken on the pizza! wouldn't keep well though.

1 cup hab,1 cup garlic,4 spoons of butter,1 apple,2 cups of tomato juice,2 spoons of salt.2 spoons of black pepper, 1 cup of cranberry juice. blend and you will have a awesome steak ,pork,chicken sauce. white habs are my wifes favorite pepper ,this is something that i have come up with to use all the dang peppers since we grew 600 white hab plants,lol.

shpongleland800.jpg

Coconut(meat),vinagre de banano-banana vinegar,onion and peppers.No garlic.That would make a "reach for" any time you broke out seafood.
You could name it: My Poor Sphincters Coconut Supreme.
The banana vinegar and coconut will soften the"flavor" of those shitty peppers.

is the pepper actually white or yellow?

You can use apple as a sweetener, as well as cocount milk, coconut water, bananas. What about white chocolate chips?

I know this is old, but I'd worry more about flavor than color for your initial recipe. I mean you could add parsnips and coconut cream, but really, how would that taste? Taste is king. Find your recipe, and tweak the color if needed.

Back