• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

WalkGood 2013, 2014 and Beyond

This is my first Glog so excuse what ever mess I may create, lol. Took way to many pictures today (31), so Ill post the first 9 and add more in subsiquent posts but didn't think it a good idea to start out doube or triple posting just for additional pics. I will also be updating the thread over time to show growth, pods and such ... but the first few pics of are of the young ones. While Ive been growing my favorite peppers for around 17 years (guess, lol), I always limited myself to 3 varieties or less. Jamaican peppers/Hab, Jalapeño and Cayenne. When things got too tuff Id milk them till they died off and stop growing for a while and start fresh. Most years I only grew the Jamaicans which are my favorite for cooking, home made sauce and the occasional powder to rub meats with or put into certain recipes.

Current inventory:
  • 5 Jalapeño
  • 1 Cayenne
  • 1 Serrano
  • 7 Datil
  • 15 Jamaican Habs (3 large around 3 years old and 12 less than year old)
  • 12 more to be determined
The young ones below are not that old with the oldest being the JA Habs which are around 3 years old now. I happen to find THP site while looking for advice/knowledge to cure one of my Jalapeños, thanks for all the good info guys/girls! In 2012 I added Datil, Thai hot, Cayenne, Jalapeño and Serrano to the mix, totaling around 41 plants now. Hats off \o_ to those of you who grow many more, dont know how you find the time and patients when things go off. That said, Ive done my fair share of battling aphids, nematodes, snails and white fly to no end over the last 3 years. Fortunately I believe to have things under control for now so Ive decided to add 12 new peppers to the mix from the listed seeds shown below.

Ill select 12 to start near end of December or first week in January from the seeds below and give credit once I get some new ones going :)

av1pxs.jpg

Need to start clearing our yard to grow more & more & more peppers ;) (*WG rollseyes*)
2ypb3mx.jpg

Top left to right: two Thai Hot and one Cayenne. Bottom row all Datil. BTW I don't grow everything in clay pots, just happen to get a good deal on a bunch in yard sale for a few bucks.
23i8d1v.jpg

Huge live Oak in background, there's 5 of them in front yard so the shades hard to avoid in first few hours of sun rise.
25fst9v.jpg

8 Jamaican Habs in ground and cherry tomatoe in the pot, I need to find a good place to plant the tomatoe soon.
2aikob7.jpg

Top left Serrano and more Datil, I'm probably going to gift a few Datils for xmass and some of the other peppers
2ci77yf.jpg

Serrano's first fower
ogc60z.jpg

Serrano's different angle
24ln0yc.jpg

Edit: final list copied to first post from post #40. These seeds were soaked in water on 12/31/12 and planted 1/1/13 \o/

Edit: This list is constantly being updated as new hooks pop. Even though I lost #5 :/ I will not give up as there are 2 other seeds in dat egg mon ....

28i2h78.jpg

A few links to some of my better posts ;)Did you say powder?Did you say MoA?Black light night shots & horn wormsReviews and taste impressions in no order

Al-from-Chile said:

yeah ... you could name it "Cocain" sell it in 1g flasks - and start things from there :D

hey, if you feel adventurous, you could even try to undercut MARA-18 pricewise in south central ...

... send an update every now and then (once the bleedings stop :D)

cheers, Al
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: May have to cut in some white habaneros on the street level to make it more viable - increase profit margins! I know someone, PM me we should talk LOL

PM sent :D

(j/k)

white hab's ?... my ass ... do you want to ruin me? ...viejo - estas loco? 

.... onion powder!!!! -  ... onion powder is good for stretching I say .... who's gonna notice when snorting the stuff ?   :D

(we need to save up to get Raymon a couple of 'toos in the face so he will blend in whith the crowd ;) )

*snickers* ... just imagining a hipster-junkie with extremely red and runny nose coughing up secretion like Ted the fire breathing idiot - and smelling like the back of a farmers-market-pickup - should sit well with the hip crowd *snickers again*

cheers,

Al "I got the business model all figured out" B.

Ok now, y'all are making a big mistake..............

You left out the Garlic Powder and a bit of Sea Salt for a really great flavor to go along with that sweet burn!

:cool:

RocketMan said:
... ... How is Lady WalkGood doing?
Thanks for asking Bill & da prayers ^_^ I hope to get her out either later today or tomorrow, she's been there all week and as tuff as surgery, a few days of recoup time has been on her, she'll have another 3 weeks recoup at home. I gotta tell you, 2 kids, full time job and plants ... I need some surgery myself ;)

Sorry all, no time to reply to all but will do soon ...

Pass along my good wishes to the missus! I'm sure you'll hear all about how she has to take care of the kids like this every day, so you can get pity here instead ;)

I received THP message "You have posted a message with more emoticons than this community allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message" so I had to remove or replace many of your emoticons with irc ones or *instert emoticons here* (i.e. example *D*). Noticed that small d or capital D with the ":" both will end in :D

romy6 said:
Raymond you're being too hard on yourself. That powder is about as white as it comes . Excellent job mi amigo!!!!

Thanks Jamie, but pure white would be cool just like chocolate pods come out a beautiful shade of brown it would be nice to have pure white as the driven snow. On another note I’m noticing that 2nd and third pulled pods aren’t even as white as the first pods I pulled, thank God they still taste great \o/

Devv said:
Yes beautiful powder! ... Hmm watch it carrying that around...LOL ... Here officer snort taste it....

Thanks Scott but aside from what follows I doubt there would be any issues, one whiff of this powder reveals a smexy white pod behind it *D*

"Al-from-Chile" - yeah ... you could name it "Cocain" sell it in 1g flasks - and start things from there *D* hey, if you feel adventurous, you could even try to undercut MARA-18 pricewise in south central ... send an update every now and then (once the bleedings stop *D*)cheers, Al

"PeriPeri" - :rofl:  May have to cut in some white habaneros on the street level to make it more viable - increase profit margins! I know someone, PM me we should talk LOL

"Al-from-Chile" - PM sent *D* (j/k) white hab's ?... my ass ... do you want to ruin me? ...viejo - estas loco? .... onion powder!!!! -  ... onion powder is good for stretching I say .... who's gonna notice when snorting the stuff ?   *D* (we need to save up to get Raymon a couple of 'toos in the face so he will blend in whith the crowd ~_^ ) *snickers* ... just imagining a hipster-junkie with extremely red and runny nose coughing up secretion like Ted the fire breathing idiot - and smelling like the back of a farmers-market-pickup - should sit well with the hip crowd *snickers again* cheers, Al "I got the business model all figured out" B.

"RocketMan" - Ok now, y'all are making a big mistake … You left out the Garlic Powder and a bit of Sea Salt for a really great flavor to go along with that sweet burn! *cool*

"PeriPeri" - LOL I can just picture Ramon with a tattoo of a Bhut Jolokia with flames coming out of it across his face LOL

I’m glad you guys had fun at my hot white girls expense ~_^ Now to get something off my chest it’s “Ramon” not “Raymond” or “Raymon” but you can call me Jay hahaha

"Al-from-Chile" best wishes, Ray!

"RocketMan" :pray:  See ya soon Brethren

"Devv" Take your time...family comes first. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

"GA Growhead" Pull for you and the misses!

"Stefan_W" Pass along my good wishes to the missus! I'm sure you'll hear all about how she has to take care of the kids like this every day, so you can get pity here instead ;)

Thanks guys it means a lot reading kind, compassionate & great words & prayer from online buds ^_^

After a long four days in hospital my wife came home late last night, surgery to remove very large polyp went fine, now she will need 4 to 6 weeks of R&R.

Wishing you & all a sensational and memorable Labor Day 2013 \o/

Good news Ramon... I'll bet you and the kids are happy to have her home for the Labor Day weekend! Looks like you'll have to tone down the heat in the food for a while so her gut can heal without discomfort... but that's why you have the hot salt, right?

stickman said:

Good news Ramon... I'll bet you and the kids are happy to have her home for the Labor Day weekend! Looks like you'll have to tone down the heat in the food for a while so her gut can heal without discomfort... but that's why you have the hot salt, right?

Thanks Rick, yes good to have her home and safe :) You are right, she can’t eat picante for a while but the rest of us have it covered … tanks again mon!

PeriPeri said:

Hi Ramon, Apologies my friend for the tom foolery on your glog. I was not aware of your crisis and I hope all is better with your wife!

Lourens no need for apologies my friend, it was entertaining to read and as long as you guys have a good time I’m fine with it. Thank you for the kind words for mama, she will appreciate dem :)

Ummm..simply gorgeous!

Huge pull and great photography!

So do you run them through a carwash and polish them first?

Can't get over how good they look!

Glad this place has a built in spell checker...LOL...I'm a tired boy..

Hope mama is feeling better!

And 'yall have a great 3 day!

Devv said:
Ummm..simply gorgeous! Huge pull and great photography!

So do you run them through a carwash and polish them firstCan't get over how good they look!

Glad this place has a built in spell checker...LOL...I'm a tired boy.. Hope mama is feeling better! And 'yall have a great 3 day!
Scott, thank you for da kudos, it really isn’t a big pull, a few MoAs, Bhuts, JA Habs and one Chocolate Hab.

I wish it was as easy as a carwash, lol. Sometimes I even reject shooting the scarred up street girls unless they show their hidden inner beauty ;) Ok guess I must divulge my OCD behavior, lol.
  • First I try not to pick more than a pound at one time or my cleaning method become too much work … keep it fun
  • I use a very clean small pail to collect pods
  • Inspect each one before removing, yea I know PITA, numerous times I have found ladybug eggs on them and I’ll allow a pod to rot if need be so I don’t kill the eggs. Ladybug larva are awesome and have saved me from spraying neem or "death by rosemary" for a very long time now
  • After picking each, I quickly blow and dust them off with a small rag if needed
  • Once the pail is full I dunk it in the pool 3 times, taking advantage of the chlorinated water to kill any mites, aphids or small bugs
  • Once inside I run fresh water over them and leave them in water in the sink
  • I pick out the most photogentic, take an old soft tooth brush and polish dem
  • Quick hand dry or leave dem wet, I like the effect that water droplets on the pods produce
  • Now you can call me crazy, hahahahaha
Spell checkers rule, agreed!

Mama is home, still in pain and papi is taking care of everything, can’t wait to get sick myself so I can kick up the feet and relax ;) Only kidding, I just want her to live a long fruitful life ... ... ...

Have a great day brethren ^_^

MGOLD86 said:
Beautiful pods Ramon!  Gonna be a kickin sauce!
Thanks Matt for pod kudos, your pods and pictures are awesome as well! Not sure if you caught my Peach Bhut review but was wondering your thoughts on her taste and if you think she can actually get a little hotter after a few days or was my guard down two days later when I loaded her up on a sandwich and really felt da heat picante. Yea I doubt they can get hotter too but dam she sure seemed hotter a few days later, hehe

Have a great day amigo ^_^

Those are gorgeous looking pods, my friend! The chocolate ones always look so good to me, but I tend to steer away from them because I like sweet undertones and my understanding is that chocolate pods are normally more toward the bitter end of the scale. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Stefan_W said:
Those are gorgeous looking pods, my friend! The chocolate ones always look so good to me, but I tend to steer away from them because I like sweet undertones and my understanding is that chocolate pods are normally more toward the bitter end of the scale. Maybe I'm wrong though.
Thanks Stefan, some chocolates taste really great and others do not, I’m not sure why that is o_O I found the best taste in my Chocolate Scorpions to be held in the placenta and when they get softer/juicier the taste is best. Although we all interpret tastes differently and the one pictured is a Chocolate Habanero from a plant gifted to me via greenman which I’ve not tried fresh yet but I’ll let you know when I try it.

Woke up early dis morning all psyched up to make some Jamaican MoA Scotch Bonnet sauce later today but first for my adventure to acquire a key ingredient.

After saying hola to all THP folks here I headed west towards da Everglades to harvest some Avocado from one of my secret spots to use for trade in my quest to acquire fresh Chocho, since I only needed one, I kept 3 of the 4 Avocados harvested (pictured below).

I have some penciled down ingredients but the quantities will change as I want to use all of the MoAs I harvested last night. So I taste a little along the way and make tweaking adjustments but if you are interested in reading what goes into this specific yellow sauce I posted my preliminary notes below the pictures. I’ll be back later as things progress but this whole process may be delayed a day or two once I cut into the ripest Mango (for my use it should be yellow and firm inside) and da Chocho ...

Avocado used for trade
sv18rc.jpg

Cho Cho acquired from trade but one this size should go for around .50 [SIZE=14pt]¢[/SIZE]
14nny2e.jpg

2f0b1bm.jpg

5p4j6b.jpg

28krlad.jpg

10+ JA MoA Scotch Bonnet’s (I’m using over 20 IIRC)
2 Carrots
1 Chocho
1 medium size Mango
4.5 cloves of Garlic
1/2 inch of Ginger
1 to 2 Onions (depending on size)
1 small Red Onion
10 Allspice Berries
4 ounces yellow mustard
 Extra Virgin Olive Oil from some young virgin ;) for frying
 1/2 cup of White Vinegar
Dash of Red Wine Vinegar
1/8 teaspoon Curry powder
1/8 teaspoon ground Cumin
1/8 teaspoon ground Coriander
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
2 tablespoons fresh Lime juice (from about 1 lime)
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper

Back