• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

WalkGood 2013, 2014 and Beyond

This is my first Glog so excuse what ever mess I may create, lol. Took way to many pictures today (31), so Ill post the first 9 and add more in subsiquent posts but didn't think it a good idea to start out doube or triple posting just for additional pics. I will also be updating the thread over time to show growth, pods and such ... but the first few pics of are of the young ones. While Ive been growing my favorite peppers for around 17 years (guess, lol), I always limited myself to 3 varieties or less. Jamaican peppers/Hab, Jalapeño and Cayenne. When things got too tuff Id milk them till they died off and stop growing for a while and start fresh. Most years I only grew the Jamaicans which are my favorite for cooking, home made sauce and the occasional powder to rub meats with or put into certain recipes.

Current inventory:
  • 5 Jalapeño
  • 1 Cayenne
  • 1 Serrano
  • 7 Datil
  • 15 Jamaican Habs (3 large around 3 years old and 12 less than year old)
  • 12 more to be determined
The young ones below are not that old with the oldest being the JA Habs which are around 3 years old now. I happen to find THP site while looking for advice/knowledge to cure one of my Jalapeños, thanks for all the good info guys/girls! In 2012 I added Datil, Thai hot, Cayenne, Jalapeño and Serrano to the mix, totaling around 41 plants now. Hats off \o_ to those of you who grow many more, dont know how you find the time and patients when things go off. That said, Ive done my fair share of battling aphids, nematodes, snails and white fly to no end over the last 3 years. Fortunately I believe to have things under control for now so Ive decided to add 12 new peppers to the mix from the listed seeds shown below.

Ill select 12 to start near end of December or first week in January from the seeds below and give credit once I get some new ones going :)

av1pxs.jpg

Need to start clearing our yard to grow more & more & more peppers ;) (*WG rollseyes*)
2ypb3mx.jpg

Top left to right: two Thai Hot and one Cayenne. Bottom row all Datil. BTW I don't grow everything in clay pots, just happen to get a good deal on a bunch in yard sale for a few bucks.
23i8d1v.jpg

Huge live Oak in background, there's 5 of them in front yard so the shades hard to avoid in first few hours of sun rise.
25fst9v.jpg

8 Jamaican Habs in ground and cherry tomatoe in the pot, I need to find a good place to plant the tomatoe soon.
2aikob7.jpg

Top left Serrano and more Datil, I'm probably going to gift a few Datils for xmass and some of the other peppers
2ci77yf.jpg

Serrano's first fower
ogc60z.jpg

Serrano's different angle
24ln0yc.jpg

Edit: final list copied to first post from post #40. These seeds were soaked in water on 12/31/12 and planted 1/1/13 \o/

Edit: This list is constantly being updated as new hooks pop. Even though I lost #5 :/ I will not give up as there are 2 other seeds in dat egg mon ....

28i2h78.jpg

A few links to some of my better posts ;)Did you say powder?Did you say MoA?Black light night shots & horn wormsReviews and taste impressions in no order

/me slaps $nick around a bit with a large scotch bonnet!!!

I used to love scripting in mIRC  I had one set up to run a fishing game and another to run trivia.  I remember when color first came out, version 4.65 I think, I took version 2 that I kept on a floppy (ughh) and went to some help channels trying to see why I couldn't get color.  Had some good times back then.

Jamison said:
Oh i highlighted underneath it. Gotcha now!

Iit’s not hard to do but easy to miss one first glance, must be the ghosts here in da hot pepper, lol. Hab a great day mon!

romy6 said:
Really cool Ramon. Could not think of a more deserving chili head. Those pics are top notch.  :fireball:

I would never have found the hidden message either  :rofl:

Thanks Jamie and I love the pods you sent, they’re so unique. That said, now that I’ve tasted the White 7, I’m not crazy about growing a bunch but since I started one I’ll move forward with it as long as it survives my drastic neglect of late :/

Devv said:

Smexy MoA's there Ramon!

Beautiful camera work too!

Enjoy your Sunday!

Thanks Scott and I wish you a great Sunday as well!

Bodeen said:

/me slaps $nick around a bit with a large scotch bonnet!!!

/op /mode # +ooo $$1 $2 $3
/k /kick # $$1 $2-
/mode * *!*user*@*host.suffix
lol

Bodeen said:
I used to love scripting in mIRC  I had one set up to run a fishing game and another to run trivia.  I remember when color first came out, version 4.65 I think, I took version 2 that I kept on a floppy (ughh) and went to some help channels trying to see why I couldn't get color.  Had some good times back then.

Yep a lot of fun, only game I ever played was tanks and that was very cool back in da day, it’s still there and widely used around the world. I have friends in South America and Europe that communicate with me a few times a month but been for ever since I did a game. We also did a lot of DCC sending of files and such before we moved onto an FTP, old school FTW

Used to love hitting the file servers to DL MP3 until dalnet shut it down.  Of course before MP3 there were wav and midi files.  I used to use some hilarious wav files when I would enter or leave a channel.  Plus on kicking people.

Devv said:
OH I remember mIRC, geese that was 18 years ago! Dial-up days!

OK now I feel older...
Bodeen said:
Used to love hitting the file servers to DL MP3 until dalnet shut it down.  Of course before MP3 there were wav and midi files.  I used to use some hilarious wav files when I would enter or leave a channel.  Plus on kicking people.
I pop into ##spicy once every other week and chat with a few members there. I posted this thread last January but didn't get much response. I still pop in there when I have time to chat but there's not much banter like the early days. That said I frequent a few other channels that are always popping ...

Everybody but Scotty lyin' like rugs on what y'all really do on mIRC. Yeah, I feel old too, Scotty. But then, where I met my soon to be ex-husband? TOtally :rofl: Ahmm.

Man some pretty MoA, Rajahqueridhermano ;) (Just messin' widya about mIRC.) Forgot didn't have a class until 11, so think I'll just go visit Jason after I drool over those MADBALLZ and MoA some more.

I'd never found encrypted. Hell one y'all coulda saved me 85 bucks and I'd paid ya 40 to remotely configure my new network--new puters, new networks--tisk. Wow, really sexy MoA's, Ramon and that box of love from Jamie looks  :drooling:  . . . nice to see BOC hook! :party: Have great day!!

Haha,  at first I thought you forgot to respond to my quote. Then a small light came into my head  :rofl:

Surprised you no likey the white 7's. I think they are a tasty clean chili very much like the white bhut's you sent me. . But that's what makes us all individuals :fireball:

Keep your chili on my friend ,  :dance:

annie57 said:
Everybody but Scotty lyin' like rugs on what y'all really do on mIRC. Yeah, I feel old too, Scotty. But then, where I met my soon to be ex-husband? TOtally :rofl: Ahmm.

mIRC is a client maybe easier understood as software so that you can communicate in IRC. There are hundreds of clients out there, here’s a few in Wiki. IRC is old school or the predecessor of today’s text messaging and then some offering a lot of versatility. Most of the peeps I’ve meet there are very tech savvy and offer good support but I can see how it’s not for everyone. Not sure what you mean by “what we really do there?”

annie57 said:
Man some pretty MoA, Rajahqueridhermano ;) (Just messin' widya about mIRC.) Forgot didn't have a class until 11, so think I'll just go visit Jason after I drool over those MADBALLZ and MoA some more.

I'd never found encrypted. Hell one y'all coulda saved me 85 bucks and I'd paid ya 40 to remotely configure my new network--new puters, new networks--tisk. Wow, really sexy MoA's, Ramon and that box of love from Jamie looks  :drooling:  . . . nice to see BOC hook! :party: Have great day!!

Tanks for MoA kudos, the ladies keep producing but they don’t look all that great. They’ve been dropping a lot of leaves, one of them is almost bald :-O Going to give them some aged liquid seaweed frets I have left to see if that helps, any suggestions?

romy6 said:

Haha,  at first I thought you forgot to respond to my quote. Then a small light came into my head  :rofl:

My apologies but hey is Halloween FTW \o/

romy6 said:
Surprised you no likey the white 7's. I think they are a tasty clean chili very much like the white bhut's you sent me. . But that's what makes us all individuals :fireball:

Keep your chili on my friend ,  :dance:

Jamie don’t put words in my mouth brethren, I didn’t say I didn’t like them. Here’s what I said verbatim “Thanks Jamie and I love the pods you sent, they’re so unique. That said, now that I’ve tasted the White 7, I’m not crazy about growing a bunch but since I started one I’ll move forward with it as long as it survives my drastic neglect of late :/”

I’ve eaten two of them and plan eating the rest over the week. I honestly like them, I find the crunchiness very attractive, nice mild heat level makes them go great with anything, their crunch is like a fresh bell’s crunch. I had some planted for a few weeks now but not all seed has popped, so I should have said that I’ll grow what pops. I do wish they were whiter, no I'm not racists, lol but the white bhuts get super white which adds to the cool factor IMO. My comment about survival is because I’ve been ignoring all the girls lately because of work and family stuff. I feel bad about that and hope to get them all back on track soon ...

Wishing you and Annie an awesome day today and the rest of da week ^_^

Ramon, hon. Really. Just kidding about mIRC, okay? I know what you meant: just playin.' :pray:

Sweetie, querido .  . . did not mean to offend! Am sorry the MoA dropping leaves but those pods are beautiful. Have great day, whenever you get chance to read this. :party:

annie57 said:
Ramon, hon. Really. Just kidding about mIRC, okay? I know what you meant: just playin.' :pray:

Sweetie, querido .  . . did not mean to offend! Am sorry the MoA dropping leaves but those pods are beautiful. Have great day, whenever you get chance to read this. :party:
I took no offense, I’m a big boy now (Red Rat) ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
I was only trying to explain what IRC is VS mIRC to those that don’t know what it is.

Devv said:
Well I hope the ladies put their dresses back on and get to dancin'!

How's the new growth? Not too wet?

Don't work too hard!
Been super dry here lately, it’s probably a lack of ferts and too much bugs but what fert is what I was wondering. I think I’ll dose them with powdered egg shells this weekend and some chicken poop, hehehe

Wishing you two and everyone reading to Hab a Happy Halloween everyone! Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

Devv said:
Very nice Ramon!

Beautiful pods there!

Speaking of MoA's, got one out of three in a pot outside!

Enjoy the weekend!
Thanks Scott and back at you for your pods, dem pics you took look awesome mon! So you had one of 3 pop or just 1 of the three that popped is outside? If you need mas seed let me know brethren, I’m looking forward to seeing some huge MoAs from you soon ^_^

Bodeen said:
Nice haul.
Thanks Jeff, not that many with “A shapes” this pull but thank God they all taste the same ... perfect shapes or not ^_^

Two of romy6 (Jamie) peppers I ate a few slivers of dem and the rest was cooked, ½ and ½ with Picadillo … truly enjoyable!!!

While sweet the red one had a little bit of dill leaf taste but that might be a hint of the left over bitterness that some people speak of but I enjoyed it. If you allow this pod to get soft the sweetness blooms very nicely thru out the whole pod and cooked tames her. Although the sweetness she delivered over powered any negatives very adequately. Overall she is dam tasty with any meat IMHO, great job Jamie \o/

The yellow Jonah was eaten with the other half of my Picadillo and she gave it a very enjoyable citrus flavor with great picante which I truly enjoyed! Some hints of marjoram, milder than her sister (or it was just me) and she also worked well with meat but I’m guessing her forte is more towards the seafood side but hey she swings well both ways ;)

Again thanks go out to brethren James … both tasted awesome my friend and hotter than my JA Hab ^_^

ogm82q.jpg

xmv794.jpg

2a4yfq0.jpg

Wishing everyone to Hab a great day!!!

I planted 3 seeds and 1 popped at 9 days, as soon as they stand up I put them outside in full sun. It's been 60's at night and 80's during the day, perfect grow weather. I want to have 3 plants total. I planted 2 choc scorps from the pod you sent, both popped and get moved today. I seem to get less helmet heads if I leave them inside until they stand up. So far I have 60 some odd seeds germing.

Thanks for the seed offer, I still have plenty for this year!

Enjoy Sunday!

Peach MoA Pixie Dust

Sorry no recipe, strictly a pictorial but I’ll give you a few hints: No salt, Peach, MoA Scotch Bonnet Power and the rest is top secret, so it's up to you …

Dehydrated Peach slices
o74nxy.jpg

Pure Peach dust ;)
2vkc8t1.jpg

Grinder
2q0u39h.jpg

Distribution vessel
2v8k76e.jpg

Simply awesome flavors …
a5ki1h.jpg

Back