• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

WalkGood 2013, 2014 and Beyond

This is my first Glog so excuse what ever mess I may create, lol. Took way to many pictures today (31), so Ill post the first 9 and add more in subsiquent posts but didn't think it a good idea to start out doube or triple posting just for additional pics. I will also be updating the thread over time to show growth, pods and such ... but the first few pics of are of the young ones. While Ive been growing my favorite peppers for around 17 years (guess, lol), I always limited myself to 3 varieties or less. Jamaican peppers/Hab, Jalapeño and Cayenne. When things got too tuff Id milk them till they died off and stop growing for a while and start fresh. Most years I only grew the Jamaicans which are my favorite for cooking, home made sauce and the occasional powder to rub meats with or put into certain recipes.

Current inventory:
  • 5 Jalapeño
  • 1 Cayenne
  • 1 Serrano
  • 7 Datil
  • 15 Jamaican Habs (3 large around 3 years old and 12 less than year old)
  • 12 more to be determined
The young ones below are not that old with the oldest being the JA Habs which are around 3 years old now. I happen to find THP site while looking for advice/knowledge to cure one of my Jalapeños, thanks for all the good info guys/girls! In 2012 I added Datil, Thai hot, Cayenne, Jalapeño and Serrano to the mix, totaling around 41 plants now. Hats off \o_ to those of you who grow many more, dont know how you find the time and patients when things go off. That said, Ive done my fair share of battling aphids, nematodes, snails and white fly to no end over the last 3 years. Fortunately I believe to have things under control for now so Ive decided to add 12 new peppers to the mix from the listed seeds shown below.

Ill select 12 to start near end of December or first week in January from the seeds below and give credit once I get some new ones going :)

av1pxs.jpg

Need to start clearing our yard to grow more & more & more peppers ;) (*WG rollseyes*)
2ypb3mx.jpg

Top left to right: two Thai Hot and one Cayenne. Bottom row all Datil. BTW I don't grow everything in clay pots, just happen to get a good deal on a bunch in yard sale for a few bucks.
23i8d1v.jpg

Huge live Oak in background, there's 5 of them in front yard so the shades hard to avoid in first few hours of sun rise.
25fst9v.jpg

8 Jamaican Habs in ground and cherry tomatoe in the pot, I need to find a good place to plant the tomatoe soon.
2aikob7.jpg

Top left Serrano and more Datil, I'm probably going to gift a few Datils for xmass and some of the other peppers
2ci77yf.jpg

Serrano's first fower
ogc60z.jpg

Serrano's different angle
24ln0yc.jpg

Edit: final list copied to first post from post #40. These seeds were soaked in water on 12/31/12 and planted 1/1/13 \o/

Edit: This list is constantly being updated as new hooks pop. Even though I lost #5 :/ I will not give up as there are 2 other seeds in dat egg mon ....

28i2h78.jpg

A few links to some of my better posts ;)Did you say powder?Did you say MoA?Black light night shots & horn wormsReviews and taste impressions in no order

romy6 said:
Hab itch ually late to the game but awesome pics and powder. Always a joy skimming your grow Ramon.  :dance:

Keep an eye out on your mailbox. Might have a white 7 in there one day  :shh:

Habbagreat week.
Thanks Jamie, I truly enjoy looking reading and seeing your pictures in your glog too :cheers:

Devv said:
Beautiful pics of those beautiful pods!

I picked a couple of nice large JA's this afternoon. Was really impressed with the size of those babies!

And, have a great week!

You know dat tomorrow is...
Cool! At least one of us is picking large pods, the ones I’ve picked are all small but still pack a great punch. I can’t wait till da girls pump out their usual large pods like you are getting, congrats mon \o/

Sanarda said:
Beautiful strawberry powder.  That was a fantastic idea.
Thanks Pia, I have some other fruits ready to go, I’ll try to get some pics up by the weekend, I’m truly enjoying dis hot fruity powder and I would strongly recommend anyone who enjoys powder making some up. So far my batches are small but enough to fill a salt shaker and once I hab a fav I'll make a larger batch ... mmmm dat strawberry sure is tasty.

stc3248 said:
Pure freaking genious!!!!
Thanks Shane and back at ya, I've learned a lot from all your ideas this past year, thank you for sharing your tricks too :cheers:

Jamison said:
Strawberry Hill powder! Holy shit I'm making that!
It’s really great tasting, hope you enjoy it as much as we have ^_^

Hab an awesome week everyone, I’ll try to get da next Funky Fruity Powder up very soon as there be mas …

Nice pull Ramon... it looks like your pods are getting a bit smaller now that the sun is heading south and the light is less intense, but the fact you're still getting pods is very cool. Good job on hatching the BOC seedlings, I'll be interested in your take on them when you get ripe pods in the (early?) spring.

Infused salts look interesting, but I've gotta take them in very small, infrequent doses... I've got hypertension and have to watch my salt intake. Cheers!

stickman said:
Nice pull Ramon... it looks like your pods are getting a bit smaller now that the sun is heading south and the light is less intense, but the fact you're still getting pods is very cool. Good job on hatching the BOC seedlings, I'll be interested in your take on them when you get ripe pods in the (early?) spring.

Thanks Rick, not sure why dem small other than way too much heat & sun but the last 2 or 3 pulls have been smaller than normal. My plants get way too much sun during summer and suffer stress IMO, hopefully before Xmas I should have some bigger pods if timing is right. That was the case the last several years for October, November pulls, although it’s probably time to add some more chicken poop and seaweed ferts to da soil to rig da deck, hehehe.

stickman said:
Infused salts look interesting, but I've gotta take them in very small, infrequent doses... I've got hypertension and have to watch my salt intake. Cheers!

I use very little salt but there isn’t any reason that you need to use it, you can mix fruit powder with your favorite pepper powder. Heck I do it with vegetables too, just not at the same time. If the powder you make is just too hot for mama, it’s time to tame da beast, hehehe.

We tested it out on pizza last night, sorry no pics ... poof it gone and man was it good!

Hab a great hump day mon!

Always amazing and informative!
I'll have to come back and reread the last few pages...with a cup of coffee. I'm scooting through some glogs today while time permits. The Strawberry powder would make a great addition to many dishes savory or sweet !

I am thinking when the citrus fruit comes in this winter of doing maybe oranges, tangelos, or something similar.  Have you tried anything like that and what pepper would go with it.  I was thinking a TS yellow or peach bhut to mix with them?

Thoughts?

PIC 1 said:

Always amazing and informative!
I'll have to come back and reread the last few pages...with a cup of coffee. I'm scooting through some glogs today while time permits. The Strawberry powder would make a great addition to many dishes savory or sweet !

Thanks Greg, I went through that strawberry powder too quick, working with other fruits and vegetables, all are already dried out but I’ve been tied up with work and family. We ended up trying strawberry hill on everything and it works great. A must try for all who enjoy powders, I hope you give it a try … I think you’ll like it. Hab a great weekend brethren.

Bodeen said:

I am thinking when the citrus fruit comes in this winter of doing maybe oranges, tangelos, or something similar.  Have you tried anything like that and what pepper would go with it.  I was thinking a TS yellow or peach bhut to mix with them?

Thoughts?

My thought is go for it, make sure you dehydrate anything till the tenth degree, the drier the better. I personally have not worked with citrus yet but will give them a go soon. I’ve been working with peaches, pears, banana and pineapple. I’ve also worked with a few vegetables and they all are seriously fun to test out, I should have some other stuff to post soon, just been slammed lately and tomorrow is no different. Our youngest is having a party here tomorrow with lots of kids and adults, should be fun but you know how much work these things are … at least they’re a lot of fun ^_^

Received a wonderful gift from Jamie (romy6) last night and here are a few pictures. First off I need to tip mi hat to him ... so hat’s off Jamie, you are too generous mon \o_ Secondly since it's the witching month, reply to the hidden message to score some seed, good luck and hab a great weekend everyone ^_^

kvi8k.jpg

vzfo8m.jpg

2gtya79.jpg

hwfnd0.jpg

2myus0n.jpg

rrnlmx.jpg

25ick5l.jpg

Tell me how this pepper is hovering or flying and you'll score yourself 2 packs of any of the seeds I have (CONUS)
s6hz50.jpg

2r73pyb.jpg

23sex5w.jpg

More romy6 pictures with a bump please …

Jeff BTW here’s the original picture and also impressed you found the hidden text, I can’t even see it on my cheap azz monitor, lol

2vb1n47.jpg

Oh and here’s the hidden message for those that missed it:
64e3nt.jpg

lol clever tricks... I tried rubbing lemon juice on my computer screen, but I didn't see the secret message dang!

Wait... your second image of the powder is actually a steriograph... stare at the chilli flakes long enough and there is another secret message! I think it's in Swahili though....

PeriPeri said:
lol clever tricks... I tried rubbing lemon juice on my computer screen, but I didn't see the secret message dang!
lol, don't ruin da screen on my account ...

PeriPeri said:
Wait... your second image of the powder is actually a steriograph... stare at the chilli flakes long enough and there is another secret message! I think it's in Swahili though....
ROFLMAO

Bodeen said:
That dates back to my old IRC days playing on the computer with text/background colors. :D
I still use IRC and there is a pepper channel there too. I mainly hang on a tech forum that use to lean towards audio but now a days it's almost anything goes ... even peppers :)

Bodeen said:
Dalnet???

I use Freenode and my client is MIRC, best client because it’s easy to create your own scripts.

Devv said:
Nice score from Jamie!

And I didn't see the text until I went back and looked for it. Pretty clever!

Enjoy the weekend!

Yea, Jamie is the most generous member on THP, I just don’t know how he finds the time and money to ship all his wonderful peppers. Now that he did, again and again I may not grow the White 7, want a little seedling in da egg, heheh ;)

Jamison said:
I can't find that hidden message on there at all, i'm just a bit slow I guess. But, nice score from Jamie. He's the man eh! Have a good Sunday Ramon!

Highlight the area above the picture and you’ll see the text, it’s hard to see because the color is the same as the background color or similar.

Little MoA pull dis morning …

Back