•  

Photo

Stefan_W's 2013 Pods A-Ripenin'! Glog

tabasco 7 pod ghost pepper small yard moruga Madame Jeanette habernero hot sauce

• Please log in to reply
766 replies to this topic

#761 stickman

stickman

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

Nice pics Stefan! Your Yellow Brain must have some TS genes in it, because my biggest plant was my Yellow 7, and it also kept ripening pods through the cold weather. Now that I've pulled the last pod from it, the plant is beginning to drop leaves and go dormant. I'm thinking seriously of expanding my OW plans to include it along with the Butch T, Manzano and Douglah.

Some of us don't mind hearing about sweet and medium heat peppers... you could always post your glog on the "growing other" section if you wanted to.

This weekend is our 16th wedding anniversary... my wife is Canadian, and we chose this holiday to get married on both because we love this time of year and because it was a long weekend on both sides of the border. Have a great Thanksgiving!
The Hot Pepper... If self-immolation is your goal... we're here to help! Posted Image

#762 Devv

Devv

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,390 posts
  • aka:Scott

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

Enjoy your holiday!

Love the pod picks, the Yellow Brain just wants to keep on chugging..

This may be the hot pepper site, but if you do make a glog next year, I'll be there. I really like it when people show the other parts of their grow. It just makes it complete.

It's all about the pods....

#763 WalkGood

WalkGood

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,324 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

Amazing yellow lady you have there pumping out pods in below freezing weather and she only had a few leaves at the beginning. I tell ya if that isn’t a cry out for her begging to be OW’d … and now that you’re changing your medium, you should carry one over. Great pictures of the fruits of your hard labor, hope you have an excellent Sunday and if you don’t have a glog you will be missed brethren …

Nuff Respect & WalkGood, Ramon

#764 Stefan_W

Stefan_W

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

Nice pics Stefan! Your Yellow Brain must have some TS genes in it, because my biggest plant was my Yellow 7, and it also kept ripening pods through the cold weather. Now that I've pulled the last pod from it, the plant is beginning to drop leaves and go dormant. I'm thinking seriously of expanding my OW plans to include it along with the Butch T, Manzano and Douglah.

Some of us don't mind hearing about sweet and medium heat peppers... you could always post your glog on the "growing other" section if you wanted to.

This weekend is our 16th wedding anniversary... my wife is Canadian, and we chose this holiday to get married on both because we love this time of year and because it was a long weekend on both sides of the border. Have a great Thanksgiving!

You may be right about the genetics of the yellow brain. I chalked it up to that plant being the only one that was in the ground rather than in a pot, but who knows.

Happy anniversary!!! I hope you have a great weekend, and that your special day turns out great :)

Enjoy your holiday!

Love the pod picks, the Yellow Brain just wants to keep on chugging..

This may be the hot pepper site, but if you do make a glog next year, I'll be there. I really like it when people show the other parts of their grow. It just makes it complete.

Yeah, the focus on peppers here makes sense because it is a pepper forum, but it never tells a true story about the gardening experience in a given year. I love my pepper plants, but I also love my tomatoes, and my peas, and my berries, and pretty much everything else I stick in the dirt. I'm still mulling things over about next year. Maybe I'm still pining about giving up last year's overwintered plants that did so great this year. That was a tough one.

Amazing yellow lady you have there pumping out pods in below freezing weather and she only had a few leaves at the beginning. I tell ya if that isn’t a cry out for her begging to be OW’d … and now that you’re changing your medium, you should carry one over. Great pictures of the fruits of your hard labor, hope you have an excellent Sunday and if you don’t have a glog you will be missed brethren …

I couldn't agree more. Part of why I have kept the brain around so long is because I love how huge it is, and a part of me wants to overwinter it. I plan to make some sauce with the pods tomorrow, and how it tastes fresh will be the deciding factor. If it does not blow me away there isn't much point to keeping it around for an extra season.

Thanks for the kind words. I have not decided 100% about a 2014 glog yet, and regardless I'll be keeping up and staying in touch. I'm writing another academic application package this weekend so I can't get caught up at the moment, but my friends here are never far from my thoughts.

Peppers are great. And sex is really swell.

#765 PeriPeri

PeriPeri

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,287 posts
  • aka:PeriPeri

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:28 AM

Wow Stefan, those are monsters! Those are going to burn for sure. I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving this weekend my friend! ;)

:onfire:  :dance:  :fireball:

#766 megamoo

megamoo

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:36 AM

Just skimmed through many pages and have to say Nice glog.  :)  You've done so well considering the early adversity and a really short season.  I love the sauce and jelly posts too! 

Definitely entertaining enough to justify a glog next season, super hot varieties or not.

Hope all the family is well. :)

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do - Freya Stark
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. - W. Churchill
Mooglog  http://thehotpepper....oglog-20132014/

#767 lewandsarafolo

lewandsarafolo

Hi! This is my first post.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:53 AM

Thanks for sharing your thought about color bulbs, also it helps to capture on camera. And all the best for you  game.

https://www.beachwoodstudio.com/about

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tabasco, 7 pod, ghost pepper, small yard, moruga, Madame Jeanette, habernero, hot sauce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests