event The 9th HSFFF Australia

Heres an insight into what goes on at a chilli festival OZ style.

This one was down at Horrible haggis's Venison farmin Victoria.

All the pics were taken before the festival opened we didn't have a chance to get around with the camera once we were rolling.

152.jpg

The official poster

149.jpg

the bar

150.jpg

The margerita bar..... oh yeah

OK now some of the stalls

143.jpg

One of your own and one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

137.jpg

146.jpg

The chilli factory Marcel is the man..
they sold the most at the festival.
great stuff.

138.jpg

the Death sauce boys ruined a few peoples day, Blair hes every were lol

Photo of the day
134.jpg

watching the Byron Bay chilli guys putting up there sign.

145.jpg

and finished

136.jpg

our stall, we were next to Byron bay co

141.jpg

the boys from Disaster Bay.

sorry about the quality of photos I had intended to take more but got too busy and then too drunk.

The festivalwas a great success for us we sold almost all our stock and feed back was excellent.
I think all stallholders were very happy, the most official door numbers I could get were 1200 on the first day and 1600 on the Sunday.
Great day the bands were great the crowd were real chilliheads and Haggisis a good host we had a great time and will definately do it again.

158.jpg

One of the Brazillian bands they were real good, the rest were more rockabilly which I love.

If you ever get the chance to get down here and have a look its a great two days.

Mick

Anyone for tequila

17022008003.jpg

93 shots lined up.

17022008006.jpg

time for the tequila song

17022008007.jpg

I'm not a big tequila man a few back to back and my bellies is burning

It really was a great time.

Mick

Wow, It's amazing that Jim Campbell would travel so far. That's a long way to go. He's from Franklin , Indiana. That's about 4 hours south of Chicago, by car. And you are right, he is a very good person.

one tequila, two tequila, three tequila, Floor!
I know your not shy on the drink stillmanz but you look like your really battling there!

Looks like it was good fun weekend.

Looks like y'all had a great time!

Do they sell fresh peppers or seeds at these festivals? I was kinda wondering about a Naga eating contest. That would be more funto take pictures of then tequila drinking!

UNHOLY COWS! JIM CAMPBELL MADE IT THERE?!?!?! WOW!

Hey's one of THE nicest people every to be put on The Great Platypus' green earth.

They had a manzano eating competition and a tequila and hotsauce drinking comp but we were too busy in the stall to get near thete to take a photo.
They sold some plants but mainly sauce. There was also a chili cook off but again I was pinned in the stall and couldn't get out to have a look.

Mick

thats good to hear the festival was a blast(kinda figured it was since your first couple pictures were of the bars :lol::P) & you sold most of your product with great feedback :cool:

I thought bent said byron bay chilli makes worthless hot sauce ?

Byron Bay chilli is just nice and safe, they have there fans that is for sure, they are probably (or at least were) the biggest selling hotsauce in Oz maybe chillifactory these days I dunno.

I think the cartoon guy in the poster is sposed to be Haggis If you ever met him in the flesh its a real likeness......

I bought a heap of the byron bay chili sause at the festival.

At the time of tasting i really liked the flavor and heat. I have since re-tasted and found the hottest of there sauses to be no more than a 4-5/10. (i still had heat in the mouth from 'Mild to Wild' when i tasted them - Bloody awesome sause).

I am still very happy i bought them and would re-order a few again but maybe look at adding some extra heat.......

I might even get the chance to put up a review on some of them, but it will only be basic as i am by no means an expert...

They also had 2 brands of chilli beer at the HSFFF. I can't remember the names but one was mexican and the other was Austalian. (Stillmanz might remember)

I've tasted a few chilli beers in my time and neither of these beers at the festival were not to my liking. (Horses for courses)

They both had to much of a stale pepper flavor.

But again, i am no expert

I can't remember the name of the beer but everytime a customer offered to get me a beer they brought the chilli beer back.... I'm not a fan. I tell you this though VB brewed in Victoria is a nice drop not like the horse piss they sell up here in QLD lol.

stillmanz said:
I can't remember the name of the beer but everytime a customer offered to get me a beer they brought the chilli beer back.... I'm not a fan. I tell you this though VB brewed in Victoria is a nice drop not like the horse piss they sell up here in QLD lol.

I don't think there is ever going to be such a thing as 'a nice drop' of VB.

Stands for Vomit Beer.....

My review of byron bay chilli sauce still stands firm. If it were me set up next door I would've leaned over & slapped them. I think you're even stretching it a bit calling them a 'hot' sauce.

As for VB well at least its beer. Could be worse...they might start making Pilsner again :lol:

Back