• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe Family friendly recipes

Hi(: I'm a domestic goddess (stay at home mom of 5). I like to jazz it up a lil (: lol. Anyway looking to make a thread where ppl can share and exchange recipes that are family friendly! Pls feel free to share your recipes here! Heat or no heat, pics or no pics, easy or in depth all are welcome!!!! Thanks :)

Too broad! Help us help you.

Too broad! Help us help you.

I was kinda just looking to make a thread that ppl coukd share and exchange recipes that were family friendly! Edit in process now:).

What are recipes that you guys frequently use??? So we don't give you a macncheese recipe if you already do that a lot. :)

Anything goes Megan! Looking for anything to switch It up etc! Same recipe diff version (: just thought I'd start a thread and see what happens and what I get (:

Meetza pie

1.5 lbs lean burger
Ketchup
Seasoning
Cheese

1. Press hamburger into pie plate.
2. Cover with ketchup.
3. Sprinkle top with seasonings of choice! (I do some form of pepper powder and Italian seasoning on one and then one just with Italian seasoning).
4. Bake at 350 for 20-30 mins. Check to make sure browned thru.
5. Drain off grease!
6. Cover with cheese and melt! Fit into "pie" slice and serve!

I can guess... but what does family friendly mean exactly to you? Stuff kids like? Or you mean not too hot? Or semi-homemade quick meals? Or like a taco night everyone is involved thing? Maybe all of that?

Thanks

1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
3 cloves fresh crushed garlic
1 stick of butter... edit: REAL butter!
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup of Sherry
1 tsp liquid crab boil
1 pint heavy whipping cream
2 cups fresh shredded parmesan/romano cheese blend
1 lb fresh shrimp

Melt butter in skillet on medium fire and sautee onions onions and garlic until cooked. Add balsamic vinegar, sherry, crab boil and heavy whipping cream. Simmer while stirring until well blended. Add parm/romano cheese blend and simmer until all of the cheese is melted and sauce becomes smooth. It will be lumpy at first, don't panic. Keep it on a medium/low heat while stirring and it will smooth out.

In a separate, black iron skillet..... add enough just enough oil to wet the bottom of the skillet and bring to medium/high heat. While the iron skillet is heating, season the fresh shrimp with blackened seasoning or whatever creole seasoning blend you have handy. Coat the shrimp with seasoning generously! Once the skillet is hot and the oil is shimmering, cook shrimp just until pink. The high heat should create a nice seasoned crust on the outside of the shrimp. Once the shrimp are cooked, add to your sauce. Stir and serve over pasta.

Feel free to adjust the ingredients to meet your specifications. Enjoy!

I can guess... but what does family friendly mean exactly to you? Stuff kids like? Or you mean not too hot? Or semi-homemade quick meals? Or like a taco night everyone is involved thing? Maybe all of that?

Thanks

Sorry I'm being so difficult -___- I guess all of the above will work! Stuff kids will like that's either hot or not! Doesn't matter!! Semi home made quick meals are good! Crock pot meals etc. themed nights like taco or Mexican etc all
Work also! Stuff kids might not norm eat all the time but that can be made to get them to
Try new things! I'm really just looking to share and swap some recipes that are "family friendly" (which I guess to me is all of the above).

Thanks Phil :)

Phil just gave you what probably is a perfect example of Louisiana cuisine A Cajun seafood dish with an Italian-pasta twist! Man, that sounds good!

Here's a non-Cajun, easy meal.

We owned a farm and raised our own hogs and beef. We always had more roasts and ground meat than we could stand! My Mom was constantly having to come up with creative ideas to use those two up.

BBQ Beef Filled Biscuits

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb. ground meat (I prefer pulled pork or pulled beef roast)
1 med. red or yellow bell pepper chopped
1 small/med. carrot shredded

1/2 onion chopped
3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
3/4 cup BBQ sauce (your favorite)
1 can butter milk biscuits

1 cup shredded cheese (your favorite)
A handful of green onions

We were really into seasoned food being Cajuns and all. You may want to cut back some on the garlic/onion,green onions for the kids sake.
Brown meat in skillet; drain. Or using 2 forks, one to hold the roast and the other to pull the leftover roast apart. Add bell peppers, onion, garlic and green onions; cook & stir 5 minutes until peppers are crisp & tender. Add carrots and BBQ sauce; cook about 2 more minutes, mix well.
Separate biscuits. Press biscuits onto bottom and up the side of each muffin pan cup sprayed with a no stick cooking spray. (Personally, I use gobs of butter wiped on with a paper towel)
Spoon meat vegetable mixture evenly into biscuit cups and form a mound on top.
Bake 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese continue baking 3-4 minutes until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted.

There was always a bottle of pepper-vinegar and a bottle of hot sauce on our table. So, we could each crank-it-up to our individual taste.

We had a huge garden along with this meat we raised ourselves. With all we had to choose from, my brother and I enjoyed this simple meal as much as anything she'd fix. And, she was a fabulous cook!

I'm gonna make this before the week is out. Got me all hungry-n-stuff!

Prep time: 10 minutes; Total time: 26 minutes Serves 4-6

Do a Taco Tuesday but change the ethnicity each Tuesday and teach your kids about the culture. Like... Korean kalbi tacos with kimchi, Indian tacos with curry chicken and yogurt, etc. Have fun and let the kids throw darts at a map and do some homework on the cuisine and culture, then cook whatever it is and make tacos, having fun with the assembly.

Family friendly :think: Hmm, like the food doesn't cuss or portray sex, drugs or violence ;)

Do you mean easy to plan, prepare and cook for many that will be enjoyed by all and doesn't cost too much or involves shopping every day?

How about getting the kids involved in making bread. Heaps of fun, cheaper than supermarket c ra p and you can add any flavours you want. Not overly time consuming and the base ingredients last for ages and are cheap. And there's nothing like the smell filling your kitchen. Kids will inhale warm bread with butter and honey :D

Back