• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Trinidad Scorpion Sweet - Knepper`s peppers

Justaguy hooked me up with some awesome poddage and this one was no exception. I`ve eaten these before, but not reviewed one and to be honest, this was by far the best one I`ve had. My expectation is that there are a few different versions of this floating around. 

To me, this one had that certain Scorpion smell and Scorpion flavour, but without the scorching heat. They are not mild, by any stretch. I`d say maybe 1/3 to 1/2 the heat of an Orange Habanero, so pretty respectable heat. They do deserve the "sweet" part of the name too. They are very sweet indeed and are outstandingly tasty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93vAHIyf3I0&feature=youtu.be

I just had a few of these a couple weeks ago in a mixed box I got from Brian.

They were wonderful!  Loved the flavor, the heat was tolerable and NOT bitter!  I had to ask him which peppers they were as this is just the kind of hot pepper that best fits my taste.

Nice review, Nigel - I wholeheartedly agree!

Justaguy said:
The seeds for those came from Pepperlover via Joshuap2000

I got stung!  This was pod 2 of the day for me from Justaguy.  I ate first and did the research later.  I thought this guy was going to be devoid of heat.  Wham right in the back of the throat.  But it was tasty tasty. Next time I will consult Nigel's reviews before eating a whole pod.  :)

I know this is an older thread but are any of these seeds available from any sellers? I'd like to try some this spring....

GOOD REVIEW!

cant wait to see what is next

thanks nigel im board before going to work, wifes not here yet so im board and your review came in handy tonight

you should try YELLOW GRENADA SEASONING there awesome there kina fatalii-like nest season i will have to get you some for a review my friend grows them every year

thanks your friend Joe

ajijoe said:
GOOD REVIEW!

cant wait to see what is next

thanks nigel im board before going to work, wifes not here yet so im board and your review came in handy tonight

you should try YELLOW GRENADA SEASONING there awesome there kina fatalii-like nest season i will have to get you some for a review my friend grows them every year

thanks your friend Joe
I`m a huge fan of C.chinense seasoning peppers. 

Nigel said:
I`m a huge fan of C.chinense seasoning peppers. 
i am too I like

GRENADA SEASONING
ST LUCIA RED
TRINIDAD PERFUME
SWEET HABANERO
ZAVORY
SWEET DATIL

IF YOU EVER GET A CHANCE TRY THEM OR EVEN GROW THEM THERE YUMMY!!

THANKS YOUR FRIEND JOE

thanks your friend Joe

If all goes well I will get to try three out of six. Never heard of sweet hab or sweet datil. Very interested.

Back