• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Windchicken 2014

Got some sheet pots in from Grower Supply a couple days ago. I got this type so I could pull out the individual containers and replace them if need be, and they fit perfectly in my 11" x 22" Permanest Trays. Anybody in NW Louisiana need a couple of these? If I keep growing the same size garden every season these sheets should last me around 12 years:

unboxing1.jpg

These are the only C. chinense I'm growing this year: The NagaBrain, now in its F3 generation, is the happy accident of Florida THP mentor and all-around good guy romy6; seeds for the F2 Chocolate NagaBrain are from the talented and skillful Florida grower Tmudder; Bonda Ma Jacques x 7 Pot Yellow, the F3 generation, is the creation of the THP breeding wizard Spicegeist; Both 7 Pot Yellow and Naga Morich are from THSC seed; Dystopia is a project of North Texas grower joemomma; and Madame Jeanette comes courtesy of the incredibly generous Netherlands grower Meatfreak :

tray%201.jpg

capsidadburn said:
Nice start Gary!  Lots of plants in your future.  I'll keep watch!

Good luck to you this season!

Mike

Thanks Mike! And thanks for stopping by! I've got quite a bit of growing to do before I catch up with you...

Jamison said:
Sounds like you got a plan! Cant wait to see those beautiful raised rows!

Thanks Jamison! Lots of work to do on those beds before plant-out time...

Datil said:
And so it begins!
Those sheet pots seem handy!
Nice choice about limiting chinense varieties ;)
Very curious to see the complete list!

Best of luck Gary!

Datil

Thanks Fabrizio! This tray is actually more chinense than I had intended to sow, but there were a few varieties I just could not leave out. In addition to the chinense tray, I will sow 2 more: one of Mexican and New Mexican varieties, and one of bird types.

Devv said:
Aight Gary!

Good to see you're up and running!

Dirt day around 3-15?

Good luck this season!

Hi Scott! Thanks for dropping by...If the weather cooperates, that date would be excellent!

Penny said:
Nice start Gary!! ;)

Thanks Penny!

meatfreak said:
Best of luck with the new season, Gary. I'm glad you managed to find a spot for the Madame Jeanette in your already crowded garden :lol: I will help out with growing the Chocolate Nagabrain F-2. Got some seeds from the FL pepper wizard, romy6 :D

Thanks Stefan! The few Jeanette pods I tasted last year were so wonderfully unique that I just had to have more! I'm excited that you're helping out with the Chocolate NagaBrain grow...The future of that variety is in very good hands!

Thanks Paul!

The friendships I've made here on THP have completely changed the way I think about growing, and friendship, too...When I started it was about producing a supply of exotic, fresh chiles for myself and maybe a few friends and family. I saw THP as mainly a resource for advice, and not much more. I never could have imagined that I would become part of a global cooperative, helping to bring about amazing new varieties, each one with its own unique personality, much like all the enigmatic chile heads that I now call my friends...When I'm in my garden browsing through the different varieties or introducing someone to one of the many distinctive peppers that we share here, I'm usually reminded of the particular chile head that sent me the seeds or fresh pods. My life is quite a bit richer and more connected with the rest of the world for knowing all you chile fanatics here...I could never have imagined that!

Gary

Oh, I forgot to mention the URL of B&T Grower Supply, here in Louisiana. I buy lots of stuff from them; they're really fast; and they carry lots of stuff I can't find anywhere else:

http://www.growersupply.com/

maximumcapsicum said:
Awesome plan Gary! Looking forward to following along.

THP is pretty great. Wish I had discovered it last year... Would have made fewer rookie mistakes and probably made alot more pods. This is definitely one of the friendliest places on the Internet.

Thanks mc! And thanks for stopping in...

GA Growhead said:
Well said Gary!

Thanks Jason!

capsidadburn said:
+1 Gary!  THP is a wonderful place to escape too each day!

Thanks Mike!

Trippa said:
Best of luck with the new season and year ahead Gary... I hope its a great one ... Cheers Trippa

Thanks Trippa! It's good to hear from you!

PaulG said:
You said it very well, my friend.  My friends are always amazed
by the comaraderie and generosity of the forum folk!  
Who needs Facebook?

Thanks PG!

Back