• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Windchicken 2014

Got some sheet pots in from Grower Supply a couple days ago. I got this type so I could pull out the individual containers and replace them if need be, and they fit perfectly in my 11" x 22" Permanest Trays. Anybody in NW Louisiana need a couple of these? If I keep growing the same size garden every season these sheets should last me around 12 years:

unboxing1.jpg

These are the only C. chinense I'm growing this year: The NagaBrain, now in its F3 generation, is the happy accident of Florida THP mentor and all-around good guy romy6; seeds for the F2 Chocolate NagaBrain are from the talented and skillful Florida grower Tmudder; Bonda Ma Jacques x 7 Pot Yellow, the F3 generation, is the creation of the THP breeding wizard Spicegeist; Both 7 Pot Yellow and Naga Morich are from THSC seed; Dystopia is a project of North Texas grower joemomma; and Madame Jeanette comes courtesy of the incredibly generous Netherlands grower Meatfreak :

tray%201.jpg

windchicken said:

Thanks bro! I'm air-drying a ton of those Barrackpore Pequins, so the seeds will be viable. There's no guarantee as to what they'll pop, as they will be the F3 generation of an inter-species cross, but there will be plenty of plants to select from, for those interested enough to grow it….

As for which Aji Amarillo you sent, I don't know…I may have a photo of the plant around here…It's tall and leggy, if that helps…Not as tall as the traditional "tree-type" Aji Amarillo, though, and with smaller pods…Flavor and heat level are just the same, though.
The bushy phono plants get about 4' tall and spread equally.  The tall variety
shoot up to 6 or 7 feet consistently, but not so much spreading.  Pods are the
same; maybe the tall variety has a bit more variation in size.  Bad luck this
year:  the wind blew my bushy phono plant off it's perch and knocked off
about 30 green pods.  Looks like all the remainders will ripen up for about
a 30-40 pod yield.  One of these days I am going to have a complete season
for my ajis and manzanos.  Every year it's something else!

PaulG said:
The bushy phono plants get about 4' tall and spread equally.  The tall variety
shoot up to 6 or 7 feet consistently, but not so much spreading.  Pods are the
same; maybe the tall variety has a bit more variation in size.  Bad luck this
year:  the wind blew my bushy phono plant off it's perch and knocked off
about 30 green pods.  Looks like all the remainders will ripen up for about
a 30-40 pod yield.  One of these days I am going to have a complete season
for my ajis and manzanos.  Every year it's something else!

Sorry about the plant damage, PG. I know your pain! These long-season varieties are certainly a challenge….

ronniedeb said:
Beautiful plants and pods!

Thanks Ronnie!

I see you're still doing really well Gary!

Most excellent pics!

I wish I could say the same, I pulled most everything except for 15 or so plants and they're just coming out of the "heat funk". We're still in the mid to high 80's here. But things are getting better!

Back