• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Scratch's 2014 Disaster in the making

Seeds are planted! I'm a little behind schedule, but better late than never.

The list:

Carolina Reaper
Manzano
MOA Scotch Bonnet
Bubblegum 7 Pot
Chocolate Fatalli
Patrick's SBJ7
Moruga
Naga Morich
Butch T
Red BrainStrain
Yellow BrainStrain
Black Habanero
White Bullet Habanero
DouglahxTrinidad Scorpion F5
7 Pot Jonah
Chocolate Scorpion

Haven't had much luck with superhots in the past, so I figured I'll just grow as many as I can this year, and hopefully one works out for me. Last year, my c. Chinense were the most productive plants in the garden, giving me more Habaneros than I knew what to do with, so that's a confidence booster.

Now we wait for sprouts.......

I hate waiting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 87
I'll put something in hydro eventually. I've been having issues with my HID, it quit working on me about 3 weeks before the Prik Kee growdown ended. I was going to ge a new setup, but never had the money. Found out a few days ago that the electrical in that room may be the culprit when I tried playing guitar with a friend, and the amps wouldn't work. I ended up taking the light into a different room and it fired right up like nothing was wrong. So I have to get that sorted before I start that project back up. On a side note though, an old friend who grows MJ in his basement gave me his old 400w HPS, so once I get my wiring sorted, I'll have may more lumens to work with! I've got an electrician buddy who will do work on my house for beer, plus it's an excuse for us to hang out, but we have to organize a time.

Today is day 3 of the seeds hitting dirt. Still no sprouts, but the temp in the fridge is holding steady at 80f, so I'm confident we will see some sort of action within the week.

We're gonna need a bigger boat! I have close to a dozen sprouts now, including my first super, the Naga Morich. Pics!

Chocolate Fatalli
c2637f39968428f115a847ebea820b55_zpsee1aa7fe.jpg

These bad boys sprouted super fast, and quite reliably. I know I put at least two seeds per cell for all of my varieties, so seeing 6 sprouts in less than a week is great!

MOA Scotch Bonnet
eb778cff706c433112b39d46ef77d834_zps325a8e8a.jpg

I'm really excited about these peppers. Two years ago, I grew some scotch bonnets from PepperJoe, and while they were great peppers, they just weren't scotch bonnets. They had more of a rocotto shape to them, but still had a great heat and flavor. As much as I loved them, I still wanted the real deal, and it doesn't get any better than these.

White Bullet Habanero
d0281fba21cb18e9a0547f02e2d70940_zpse5f1e8ed.jpg

While I've never been a huge fan of the flavor of Habaneros, I had such prolific plants last summer that I really grew to love them, especially when making sauces. I've only grown the traditional orange variety, so I decided to give some of the others a try this year.

Black Habanero
30350c77f0bfbad4cef2a538500565b0_zps8d745823.jpg

It's just peeking it's head out, but it looks mighty eager to grow. Well, grow it shall. Another habanero variety I'm excited to try my hand at.

Naga Morich
71d4a65143219f385c335f611fcb7a2e_zps15a38cd9.jpg

Now this is a crappy picture, and I apologize, but I really wanted to add this in my update. The white spot at the end of the scissors is a Naga Morich, just barely breaking the soil. I must have caught it within the first hour of it's life, and am so excited to have witnessed it. I honestly wouldn't have noticed it if I didn't sneeze, blowing some of the dirt above it around a little, it's that small. Neat!

No action yet from the rest of the seeds, but I have high hopes that I'll be fully stocked with seedlings by the end of the week.

This is such an exciting time of the year for me, and I didn't get to experience it last year because I was out of work, and couldn't afford soil, and unnecessary light bills. I had to buy all my plants in the spring from local nurseries, which proved to be limiting since every nursery around carries the same 4 varieties, finding Habaneros was like winning the lottery. It's nice to be able to look into the fridge and see my own work, as opposed to someone else's. It feels good.

scratchzilla said:
We're gonna need a bigger boat! I have close to a dozen sprouts now, including my first super, the Naga Morich. Pics!

Chocolate Fatalli
c2637f39968428f115a847ebea820b55_zpsee1aa7fe.jpg

These bad boys sprouted super fast, and quite reliably. I know I put at least two seeds per cell for all of my varieties, so seeing 6 sprouts in less than a week is great!

MOA Scotch Bonnet
eb778cff706c433112b39d46ef77d834_zps325a8e8a.jpg

I'm really excited about these peppers. Two years ago, I grew some scotch bonnets from PepperJoe, and while they were great peppers, they just weren't scotch bonnets. They had more of a rocotto shape to them, but still had a great heat and flavor. As much as I loved them, I still wanted the real deal, and it doesn't get any better than these.

White Bullet Habanero
d0281fba21cb18e9a0547f02e2d70940_zpse5f1e8ed.jpg

While I've never been a huge fan of the flavor of Habaneros, I had such prolific plants last summer that I really grew to love them, especially when making sauces. I've only grown the traditional orange variety, so I decided to give some of the others a try this year.

Black Habanero
30350c77f0bfbad4cef2a538500565b0_zps8d745823.jpg

It's just peeking it's head out, but it looks mighty eager to grow. Well, grow it shall. Another habanero variety I'm excited to try my hand at.

Naga Morich
71d4a65143219f385c335f611fcb7a2e_zps15a38cd9.jpg

Now this is a crappy picture, and I apologize, but I really wanted to add this in my update. The white spot at the end of the scissors is a Naga Morich, just barely breaking the soil. I must have caught it within the first hour of it's life, and am so excited to have witnessed it. I honestly wouldn't have noticed it if I didn't sneeze, blowing some of the dirt above it around a little, it's that small. Neat!

No action yet from the rest of the seeds, but I have high hopes that I'll be fully stocked with seedlings by the end of the week.

This is such an exciting time of the year for me, and I didn't get to experience it last year because I was out of work, and couldn't afford soil, and unnecessary light bills. I had to buy all my plants in the spring from local nurseries, which proved to be limiting since every nursery around carries the same 4 varieties, finding Habaneros was like winning the lottery. It's nice to be able to look into the fridge and see my own work, as opposed to someone else's. It feels good.
Great glog scratch! Glad you were able to get some starts going this year. It's so satisfying when the seeds start popping. Also glad to hear your circumstances have turned around a bit. Depending on nurseries for starts it the pits. Selection always sucks.

Congrats on the Naga! Still trying to get one of those to come up myself! Fantastic!

Updizzle! More sprouts coming in.

The family
0540f7c21d70826a6c11a9bd353ef869_zps2d379a91.jpg

Jonah and Chocolate Scorpions
5220f4d33e7dc801b4a0a187b5afdfcf_zpsb6530db2.jpg

First Butch T sprouts
4f7f1357c7b28c263ff077443fa0fafe_zps24fe0dde.jpg

The Bullet Habaneros, looking a little pale...
b1392ea267dc157d786fd6789e7e3512_zpse1382071.jpg

Naga Morich and Moruga sprouts
eeb6869bd1a2d9d72c2793223e6301ed_zps5e5a3541.jpg

MOA babies!
a2e3249b8c9701a3e5dbb1116308df3d_zps58a5a38d.jpg

Chocolate Fatalli
a0f16567b7e61345f58a0b8345e5c3a9_zps52219048.jpg

Still waiting on some action from a few varieties, like the reapers, manzanos, etc. All in all everything seems to be doing great though.

Up-effin-dizzate!

So four varieties were a bust 0/0 rates... It's a bummer, but life goes on. SBJ7,Monzano, Carolina Reaper and DouglahxMoruga F5 all got stage fright. Wimps. The rest however performed brilliantly. Or less than brilliantly. Either way, I ended up with at least 2 of each variety, and in the case of the 7pot Jonah and Chocolate Scorpion, germ rates hit double digits. Funny, I wasn't aware I had planted that many seeds. No bother. Here are the 74 survivors of round 1 of "Chile Deathmatch 2k14"

After being potted up in 9oz Dixie cups(it's all I had), they were dosed with a moderate amount of General Organics Bio Root and placed in the tent under a 250w HPS light. They'll stay there until spring when I plant them out.

Congrats so far Scratch! Sucks about the 0's though. If you're interested I have some SB7J seeds I can spare if you're still looking at growing some. 

Back