2568 replies to this topic

#2501 stettoman

stettoman

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,095 posts
  • aka:stett, stetto, ernestetto, Eric

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:33 PM

A few years ago (my first year growing beyond Anaheims, Jalas and Bells), Malarky sent me a Christmas card full of seeds, including a variety called Rocoto Amarillo. He explained that the weird black seeds came from a member named Greenchilemonster.

I was green and never thought to save seeds then, but I made an ambrosia jelly of those Rocoto Amarillos. I want to make more, but can't find the seed anywhere, at least by that name....

GREENCHILEMONSTER TO THE RESCUE!!!!!

20190521_174151.jpg

Thanks so much, Dale! PPATB!

Do what I mean, not what I say.....

#2502 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 49,016 posts
  • aka:Pookie, Satan Claus
  • (x3)

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:37 PM

Bhuter offered up a trade to me cuz I was whining that the sauces in my pantry were boring.  I was referring to the sauces from other companies that we use, like Sweet Spicy Girl, El Fuego, and some others.  Granted, they are great sauces!  Don't get me wrong!...but we'd had nothing new in a while.

He also offered some pepper seeds for a making hot sauce class.  Not only did he send the seeds, he individually packaged and labeled them!  I asked for a couple rocoto and a couple aji seeds....he sent 10 varieties!  Thanks for the variety of sauces and seeds, Adam.  PepperPeopleRock!!!

attachicon.gif IMG_20190511_125123807_HDR.jpg

attachicon.gif IMG_20190511_125118728_HDR.jpg

Youwza!  Those hungarian sauces are HOT...one of them is basically a pepper puree as 50% is superhots and 20% is hungarian hot peppers.  The Elijas is very interesting, great smell, made with black cherries.  Pretty good.  And of course, IronMike's.  Been a few years, but we had it before. 

Good Stuff~

Man, how some of the sauces I've sent really get around!!! :rofl:

#2503 salsalady

salsalady

On Fire!

• Extreme Biz
  • 14,812 posts
  • aka:SL, HSL
  • (x8)

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:24 PM

And they will travel a little further, to be shared at the campout and hopefully to next years hot sauce class. :)
PureEvilProducts
The Chile Addict's prayer-"Lord, grant me the wisdom to know it will be too hot, the courage to eat it anyway, and the serenity to accept the pain that follows. Amen"
PepperPeopleRock! 

#2504 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 49,016 posts
  • aka:Pookie, Satan Claus
  • (x3)

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:04 PM

fook ya!

#2505 texas blues

texas blues

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 17,593 posts
  • aka:TB
  • (x4)

Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:27 PM

Salsa Lady ~ "Youwza!  Those hungarian sauces are HOT."

Hungarians don't always be.

Like they be.

But they do.

#2506 Bhuter

Bhuter

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,464 posts
  • aka:Adam

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:59 PM

Biiiiiiig shout out to TheGreenChileMonster for the hook-up!

RRDkEkC.jpg

He threw in extra Pacae seeds so I can pass some out. If anybody wants a few, let me know!
Thanks, Dale!!! :party:
:dance:

Another yabba-dabba-doo happy dance :dance: as I received another envelope from OZ. Thank you, SR for the awesome maters!!!
p3C1vJ4.jpg

Thank you both!!! PPATB!!!

#2507 CaneDog

CaneDog

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:12 PM

Awesome stuff Bhuter and you're certainly deserving of the goodness!

And a shout out back in your direction for the package that arrived here.  Can't thank you enough for hooking me up with the isolated USDA Cardenasii seed.  Going to drop a couple in to an overnight H2O2 soak right now and hopefully I'll be able to back-fill my breeding pair.  Really psyched about the other varieties as well. Can't thank ya enough!

20190523%20BhuterPack.jpg

Current glog:  Hirsute Pursuit – Rocotos, Wilds & Moar  - http://thehotpepper....tos-wilds-moar/

#2508 luvmesump3pp3rz

luvmesump3pp3rz

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,231 posts
  • aka:kevin

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:42 PM

i mentioned in a thread i started that my local stores didn`t have a new(to Bonnieplants) pepper they started selling this year. they call it Mad Hatter and i think it may be similar to a Bishop`s Crown.  member Orekoc said he would check his local stores and after hunting around a bit he found some. two days later a SFRB shows up with 2 mad hatters and 1 bishops crown in excellent packaging. all made the trip just fine and were planted quickly and are doing fine. pepper people are the best!

20190522_175915_resized.jpg

#2509 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,281 posts
  • aka:Bhuthead Andy

Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:01 AM

Nice idea on the packaging orekoc!

#2510 Guatemalan Insanity Pepper

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 9,301 posts
  • aka:G.I.P.
  • (x5)

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:41 AM

another shout out to Bhuter for sharing some of his newly acquired awesome wild seeds with me as well 

next years grow is gonna be  WILD  :dance:  :woohoo: 

Thanks again Adam

PPATB  :onfire:

:onfire:  

#2511 Orekoc

Orekoc

Hot

• Extreme
  • 792 posts
  • aka:Call me Pugs or Pugsley

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:19 AM

Thanks!  Those are tubes from the paper towel roles the janitor saved for me at work.  They are heavy duty.

“The only difference between me and a madman is I'm not mad.” - Salvador Dali

Ah, I don't use PayPal, so if I forget to say it in a PM, I said it here, so I didn't really forget, to say it.

#2512 CaneDog

CaneDog

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:41 AM

Seconded

Thanks!  Those are tubes from the paper towel roles the janitor saved for me at work.  They are heavy duty.

I'm looking at similar options as I have a few plants to send.  Great idea for extra reinforcement against crushing.

Current glog:  Hirsute Pursuit – Rocotos, Wilds & Moar  - http://thehotpepper....tos-wilds-moar/

#2513 Orekoc

Orekoc

Hot

• Extreme
  • 792 posts
  • aka:Call me Pugs or Pugsley

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:24 PM

luvmesump3pp3rz just renewed my extreme membership! :dance: :dance: :dance: :party:

Thank you Kevin, you are the best.

“The only difference between me and a madman is I'm not mad.” - Salvador Dali

Ah, I don't use PayPal, so if I forget to say it in a PM, I said it here, so I didn't really forget, to say it.

#2514 rghm1u20

rghm1u20

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:34 AM

Well, I have opened this thread and I was about to write a post here... I had many questions in my head. And bang! I see the previous post. Dunno if I have now more questions, or I have answers....

In few words, I made a fast check of THP this morning, I and see I got PM. Open it - bang! Boss wrote to me! What did he wrote? I read again: "An anonymous member has paid for your Extreme Membership." And a redemption code. Whoa! Who could spend all those money on me??? And I even have nobody to thank her or him. So, I say here a big THANK YOU and a hug from me to whoever did this. It was so unexpected that I could wrote nothing on that moment. I was even suspected is one of boss's jokes, but 1st April is gone for a while. And I was able to reach the store. It means, no joke.

Now I have to re-read the things I can enjoy as an extreme member.

Dunno what to write more. This is one of those moments when man discover that the words are so poor.

So, my buddy "anonymous", whoever you are, hat off and many thanks for this unexpected gift. God bless you!

John 14:6 / Hebrews 11:1

#2515 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,281 posts
  • aka:Bhuthead Andy

Posted 27 May 2019 - 07:15 AM

Pepper people are extremely the best! I'm also on an anonymously gifted extreme.

Edited by Walchit, 27 May 2019 - 09:09 AM.

#2516 Bhuter

Bhuter

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,464 posts
  • aka:Adam

Posted 27 May 2019 - 07:35 PM

Pepper people are extremely the best! I'm also on an anonymously gifted extreme.

.....and yes, SO AM I!!!!!! For the second year!!!! Thank you very much, my good friend(s)!!!!!! What the H is going on around here?!?! 🤷🏻‍♂️👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Congrats to all the recipients of what I'll call "A-E" (Anonymously Extreme)!!!! How frickin' cool is this kindness?!?!

PPATB!!!!

#2517 saiias

saiias

Hot

• Extreme
  • 857 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 12:56 PM

Loving all the awesomeness here.. PPATB

Edited by saiias, 28 May 2019 - 12:57 PM.

#2518 wiriwiri

wiriwiri

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 09:28 AM

I want to give a big"THANK YOU" to a well respected member here who is always sharing be it his wisdom,seeds

plants etc...I had a big setback to my season & posted what had happened & shortly thereafter I received an email

from him & he offered to share some plants with me..not any plants but "WILDS",fast forward & the plants arrived

yesterday & I am so appreciative of his gifts I just have to share this.So who is the wonderful person in our midst,

none other than CD aka Cane Dog...Kudos CD,your generosity inspires me to con't  sharing my seeds/plants etc

with others because of the warmth behind it ..oh & he also sent me some seeds for 

Blue Mystery &Aji Putapario..even included the NY logo on my address label.. ain't that sweet?If you mail seeds/plants

whatever you know that it's an effort,esp., plants ..it's an undertaking that makes this gift so appreciated. ;)

iU5ZajS.jpg

Edited by wiriwiri, 08 June 2019 - 07:10 PM.

:dance: Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler.Que Sera Sera :dance: 

#2519 wiriwiri

wiriwiri

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 09:47 AM

So I just took some photos of the potted plants & here they are with names .They will go thru the adjustment

period as they acclimate to NE weather along with transplant  shock which should be minimum as roots are

intact & the weather is alas cooperating :shh: ..will update as they progress.PPATB....indeed. :P    

C. Flexuosum PI ..budding too.I58gy11.jpg

C. Lanceolatum

QJLcfCK.jpg

C. Flexuosum PurplervJKAhx.jpg

C.Eximium Cap1491TpTJBU5.jpg

Edited by wiriwiri, 08 June 2019 - 10:05 AM.

:dance: Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler.Que Sera Sera :dance: 

#2520 dragonsfire

dragonsfire

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,089 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 09:50 AM

Awesome ! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests