• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Random Garden Photo Thread

For those who just need to see greenery. For you, Gomojoe

Pepperoncini flower

14069513696_1675ddb81e_h.jpg

13906020940_5fe7c06587_h.jpg

I was playing with the digital macro function on my camera

14093069594_4976115c61_h.jpg

14089400471_e13be662e1_h.jpg

Hydrangea

13905982969_89117decb6_h.jpg

Star Jasmine

14089502112_c8996998a0_h.jpg

Plumeria inflo... we have seven of them growing so far this year

14089503122_c30816c142_h.jpg

Our two star jasmine plants making bookends for the big plumeria

14112705153_13555a3923_h.jpg

I'll tell you the only thing we must be really good at growing here in Colorado is marijuana.  Problem for people who love seeing vegitation is that is grown in everyones basement apparently.  I grew up in California and definitley miss the green living here!  Thanks for the post!

Gotta bunch of peppers growing in my basement, but there is a very limited window to grow stuff outside.  In Colorado everything turns brown and dies most of the year outside.  Makes me sad! lol

Jamison said:
Awesome pics Buzz!  Some beauties there :party:

Thanks, Jamison!

Gomojoe said:
Gotta bunch of peppers growing in my basement, but there is a very limited window to grow stuff outside.  In Colorado everything turns brown and dies most of the year outside.  Makes me sad! lol

Yeah, that's gotta suck. I don't feel right unless my outdoor space looks alive. At least you still get to have your pepper fix.
Ocho Cinco said:

Passion flower! I've always wanted one of those! The Winn Dixie grocery store by my house has orchids right now.... I was so tempted to get one, but they were $20 per plant.... had to hold off for now
Maybe this thread belongs in the "Growing Other" forum..... can we get a move, mods?

Buzz said:
I guess I'll be trying next season
Nice. My wife's loved these so much she's already said we're expanding on strawberry plants when we move lol. 
I'm interested too, how big are your plumeria plants? My Grandmother had one at her house that was about 15 foot tall, and it was a beautiful plant, especially when loaded with flowers.
Ocho Cinco said:
A Passion flower that grew in my yard last year. I collected the seeds from some plants that I found growing on the flood levy near my  house. These are a type of wildflower that grows in my area but I only know of one location where it grows. I'm trying to spread it around. 
PassionFlower_zpsc01aa9c9.jpg
Beautiful flower Ocho! Do these passion flowers produce fruit? They look remarkably similar to the passionfruit vines that were growing wild when my parents moved into their house back in Australia. Great tasting fruit if so.

We have two plumerias right now. The tallest is about 6.5', the other is about 3'. I can usually expect about a foot of growth every year

Back