• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

CGN 21500 X 7 Pot Barrackpore

Hey all, for some reason this cross in particular is fascinating me already.  I don't know much about it but was seeing if anyone else is growing it.  I have F2 F3 seedlings up already, they're beautiful and also the fastest growing C. chinense plants I have right now.  Did this cross originate from a member here?  Honestly I don't even remember where I got seeds (derp) but I intend to grow these two guys out and see what happens :D

20150118_000932_zpskyhos776.jpg

Those plants look like they have a purpleish tint to them but I didn't think either the 7 pot barrackpore or the cgn 21500 were that way? Where did the color come from?!

You might have gotten them from my seed train. I know I have F2 seeds for it that I harvested from some pods I got from Chris Phillips. I put a few seeds in my train to share (hope Chris doesn't mind). Picture of the pod here http://thehotpepper.com/topic/50342-box-of-pods-for-sale-lots-of-types-15-inc-shipping-closed/?hl=cmpman1974 (this was the box I bought and it had 2 or 3 of them in it). I might have labeled it backwards if I wrote 7 Pot Barrackpore x CGN 21500 on the tag (if you even got them from me).

I got some really cool and interesting things from Chris this past summer that I can't wait to grow out. 

Austin said:
Those plants look like they have a purpleish tint to them but I didn't think either the 7 pot barrackpore or the cgn 21500 were that way? Where did the color come from?!
CGN 21500 has a purplish tint to it. At least the plants I grew last year did anyway.

Scorched said:
You might have gotten them from my seed train. I know I have F2 seeds for it that I harvested from some pods I got from Chris Phillips. I put a few seeds in my train to share (hope Chris doesn't mind). Picture of the pod here http://thehotpepper.com/topic/50342-box-of-pods-for-sale-lots-of-types-15-inc-shipping-closed/?hl=cmpman1974 (this was the box I bought and it had 2 or 3 of them in it). I might have labeled it backwards if I wrote 7 Pot Barrackpore x CGN 21500 on the tag (if you even got them from me).

I got some really cool and interesting things from Chris this past summer that I can't wait to grow out. 
I think I did get them from the train come to think of it, so I guess if anyone else got them they can look forward to a nice seed stock :)
I'm gonna post progress of them in this thread if anyone else wants to do the same.

I'm growing a few. Last year's didn't have much heat. Hopefully the F2s will kick it up a bit! I'll post pics soon.

(edit) It appears to be the F3s this year - Thanks to Ajijoe for this cool cross & Chris Phillips for the info and spreading! Both are destined for the Chili Hall of Fame. 

hottoddy said:
I'm growing a few. Last year's didn't have much heat. Hopefully the F2s F3s will kick it up a bit! I'll post pics soon.
yeah! I'd love to see what other people's F2s  F3s look like!  So far between the two seedlings that I have, the one at the top of the picture has more pronounced purple than the one with the bigger leaves.  I'm thinking the pods will be a bit different as well.  Maybe the heat will present itself too, but I didn't have the F1 for comparison.

Hi everyone.  This is a great cross made by the one and only Ajijoe. :)  He calls it 'Blushing Dutchman'.  It was a great producer and the plant was beautiful as well.   I did not see the photo of his F1 to know what that looked like.  The pods had medium heat and a good flavor in my opinion.  I will be excited to see how F3s turn out for others.

Chris

Ah, so it's the other way around then?  CGN21500 X 7 Pot Barrackpore?  Or is that one completely different?  Is it safe to assume that the seeds I have are F3 then?

Thanks for the info man!

Looking good, I still find my Barrackapore to be one of the most consistent hot peppers, from the tiniest pod to the largest there always hot and the placenta really sticks to the walls and holds the heat. They have burned me so many times now even the smell from a distance makes me cough a little lol ... I have plans for several Barrackapore crosses.

Helvete said:
Mine were up in 12 days according to my chart, all the other chinenses are popping through the dirt around 20 days or so

How are you prepping your seeds ? I get most of mine out in 5-10 days, any longer and I start to freak out lol ... I'm just getting greedy now because I know their average time is longer...  lol

KrakenPeppers said:
Looking good, I still find my Barrackapore to be one of the most consistent hot peppers, from the tiniest pod to the largest there always hot and the placenta really sticks to the walls and holds the heat. They have burned me so many times now even the smell from a distance makes me cough a little lol ... I have plans for several Barrackapore crosses.

How are you prepping your seeds ? I get most of mine out in 5-10 days, any longer and I start to freak out lol ... I'm just getting greedy now because I know their average time is longer...  lol
This year I haven't prepped pepper seeds at all.

Also, has ajijoe been around?  I'm curious what pheno he would be looking for if we were to save any seed stock for the cross.   I'd also like to know if the darker tone leaves is consistent with the F1.  Maybe even what the foliage looked like on the F2 if #cmpman1974 can offer any insight into those :)

Update shot:

As you can see the larger seedling has taken the transplant a little better than the smaller one.  They've also darkened quite a bit and you can see the cilia on the leaves very much like some of the wild peppers.  I'm thinking the smaller one will spurt over the next week.

I'm excited! :party:

20150306_233620_zpsltwth2kl.jpg

20150306_233714_zpswejccowt.jpg

Back