• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Loin Ribs - Pic heavy

3 racks of loin ribs

rub was
garlic powder
onion powder
black pepper
salt
brown sugar
old bay seasoning
cinnamon
homemade chili powder (numerous peppers,salt,garlic,cumin seed,mexican oregano,paprika - all roasted in cast iron then ground)

mustard rub

o10m4y.jpg

mtr1w7.jpg

Rubbed and ready to be smoked with Cherry Wood

4lm0dv.jpg

2holjjc.jpg

couple of hours in

2u4iwyt.jpg

glazed with pineapple,mango bbq sauce an hour or so before finish

2u4iwyt.jpg

2it3s5g.jpg

nq8u1i.jpg

All done

1yalhx.jpg

2d9ryok.jpg

zsweg.jpg

23rsor6.jpg

I just hope my laptops keyboard is waterproof.........maybe I must stop licking the screen.......looks real tasty!!!!!!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Look great, any cut shots? How was the smoke penetration? 
i will get a cut shot later when we eat leftovers ;)

JayT said:
I too would love to see a cut shot, but I know it will be perfect.  Bam knows ribs.  Trust.
ribs are my favorite thing to Q

JayT said:
He knows a little bit about sauce too. :lol:

Dude is a BBQ champion.  Look it up.
no champion here, just a guy that loves his Q :)

He's confusing you with somebody but I am sure they are winners!

I take it you like them sweeeeeeeeet and saucy! ;)

I made Pork Ribs on the smoker yesterday too

:dance:
(First a rub of Barrel House BBQ spice and Guldens mustard, then a Mop spray periodically throughout smoking process, made of; 3/4 bottle of Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Brown Label, a little bit of my Yellow 7 pot Mustard, rice Vinegar,Agave nectar, dash of Worcester, olive oil)
Slow smoked with a blend of wood we had on hand ( Oak-50%,Hickory-30%,& Mesquite-20% )  :onfire:   The remaining 1/4 bottle got almost all used up as dipping sauce for the smoked Cornish hens, LDHS Brown Label was also fantastic on smoked Swedish Pork/Potato Sausage!

Back