• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

"Samurai Sauce"

Now maybe you've seen the movie PULP FICTION where John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson discuss how people in the Netherlands (my homecountry) "douse their fries in MAYO. I've seen 'em do it, man."  

Now as a born and bred Lowlander I will vouch for the fact that this is TRUE.  Mayo on fries is GOOD EATIN'. We love our mayo on fries.

So when I lived in the US, and a waitress asks if she "can I do anything for you guys ?" I answer : "Yeah, could I maybe get a little mayonaise please ? That would be, like, really super awesome" 

Then please DON'T TELL ME "Ooow, you probably think you are SOOO KEEEEWL, just because you saw PULP FICTION !"   <--- This actually happened. 

NO bitch. I REALLY come from Amsterdam. This is how we do it. And btw : No tip for you. Deal with it. 

But I digress. All kinds of combos are possible : 

Fries "special"  : mayo, ketchup and chopped onions.
Fries "sateh" : with sateh (Indonesian peanut) sauce
Fries "war"  : Sateh sauce, mayo, and chopped onions on top. 

And now there is : SAMURAI SAUCE.  It is MAYO and CHILLI PEPPER FLAKES. 

Try it ! 

https://www.google.nl/search?q=%22samurai+saus%22&biw=1920&bih=911&tbm=isch&imgil=AjuWB3mWYeaNTM%253A%253BwoUOIod-JeRvPM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.heefthetgesmaakt.nl%25252Frecept%25252F4088%25252FSamurai-saus%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=AjuWB3mWYeaNTM%253A%252CwoUOIod-JeRvPM%252C_&usg=__y1P4rPBYd3FCMXoGk3_1YMmXNTg%3D&ved=0CDAQyjc&ei=e0tkVe2ZE8X3Us6qgegJ#imgrc=_

Never heard about Samurai Sauce, but in fact I am using something like this. Well, just a bit more.... elaborated. I am adding also garlic, horse radish, salt, pepper, sour cream, green lemon juice, and dried thyme. Let it "rest" a bit, to allow flavors to mix.

@ Meatfreak : 

BEST Kebab in the universe is to be had at KOTTIWOOD, in Berlin Germany. 

No fooling. This place is AWESOME ! And not just in a "4 am snack when drunk"  kind of way.

They also have jars with chilli flakes on the counter that have amusing homemade labels on them ! 

("Biber" means pepper in Turkish language). 

11373671_769027723195216_1097512651_n.jpg

Back