• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Memorial Day (Two-Week) User-land BBQ Contest

There are no rules. It's a casual contest with a big prizes, and the winners will be determined by user polling over next weekend.

The prize box I'm providing will have items from:

Joyner's Hot Peppers
Texas Creek
Lucky Dog Hot Sauces
Dee Roo (SmokenFire)
Scotty O'Hotty
Pex Peppers
Walkerswood
Teeny Tiny Spice Co.
Meat Church
Defcon
Mild Bill's
Johnson Berry Farms
Zatarain's
Season With Spice

... so far.

I haven't poked around my Asian shelves, or the Cambro's of Modernist powders yet - but I'll be including stuff from there as well, if possible.

A prize box from JHP will be provided by Joyner's Hot Pepper Powders, thanks Chris.

A prize box from Texas Creek is forthcoming, TBD once we figure out how the voting will be organized. This prize can be donated to AnySoldier.

Just worked out a prize box from Lucky Dog Hot Sauce with Scott that will include the new Chipotle, a Dia Del Perro, and the Black label sauce (CONUS) (tctenten has sponsored this being available to an expat member if it ends up as such).

And also, a prize box from Pex Peppers that will include a pair of his sauces (CONUS).

* If you are a producer/vendor, or just looking to sponsor a prize box out of sheer benevolence, shoot me a PM and we'll get it in there ...

The more prizes the better, certainly.

grantmichaels said:

btw, i need bacon.

i tried the ham, but i really need that bacon again, sometime soon ...

i think i might get some, cut my carbs the morning of the day before, and then obliterate some bacon while running on ketones the following night ... guiltlessly.
i got in 8 packs of bacon and the sliced country ham and biscuit pieces. The hame was good and definitely needed the redeye gravy to cut the saltines, but i wouldn't get it again

BigB said:
i got in 8 packs of bacon and the sliced country ham and biscuit pieces. The hame was good and definitely needed the redeye gravy to cut the saltines, but i wouldn't get it again

I agree ... too salty!

It's all about the bacon ... but, oh my, that bacon ... must have, again.

Booma said:
Do I add the chops grant?

Totally ...

Since there were never rules, I'm not too worried about it ...

I planned to put my eye of rib roast in here, but that time was squandered a bit ...

I am positively not making the poll this weekend, and will probably just end up doing it next week at the time I should have been doing it this week ...

In fact, there, that's what it has to be, really ...

The contest will end Thursday at midnight, server time.

I'll make the poll in time for Friday night at midnight, and it'll be up until Monday night at midnight, server time.

Midnight Thursday or Friday? You're probably better off using 11:59 to avoid confusion. ;)

Well.. I really wish I had the time to fire up the big Smoker, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon...

so I post only:

Moar "salad burgers" Served with stuffed* Anaheim and Poblano's, & sliced Avocado, & beans&corn
(the Wife always seems to make Beans and Corn when we do Burgers)

ran out of Ghost Pickles with the last Burgers  :mope: 

*Peppers stuffed with Havarti & BrainStrain cream cheese made W/ Cappy's Sauce !

Hmmm still going… If I can find some beef short ribs today I'll recreate this one then… 

IMG_0707_zps1e64fdsj.jpg

Pookie photo bucket still doesn't like me, or more likely I am a fcuktard as the coding is still appearing…

Back