• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Memorial Day (Two-Week) User-land BBQ Contest

There are no rules. It's a casual contest with a big prizes, and the winners will be determined by user polling over next weekend.

The prize box I'm providing will have items from:

Joyner's Hot Peppers
Texas Creek
Lucky Dog Hot Sauces
Dee Roo (SmokenFire)
Scotty O'Hotty
Pex Peppers
Walkerswood
Teeny Tiny Spice Co.
Meat Church
Defcon
Mild Bill's
Johnson Berry Farms
Zatarain's
Season With Spice

... so far.

I haven't poked around my Asian shelves, or the Cambro's of Modernist powders yet - but I'll be including stuff from there as well, if possible.

A prize box from JHP will be provided by Joyner's Hot Pepper Powders, thanks Chris.

A prize box from Texas Creek is forthcoming, TBD once we figure out how the voting will be organized. This prize can be donated to AnySoldier.

Just worked out a prize box from Lucky Dog Hot Sauce with Scott that will include the new Chipotle, a Dia Del Perro, and the Black label sauce (CONUS) (tctenten has sponsored this being available to an expat member if it ends up as such).

And also, a prize box from Pex Peppers that will include a pair of his sauces (CONUS).

* If you are a producer/vendor, or just looking to sponsor a prize box out of sheer benevolence, shoot me a PM and we'll get it in there ...

The more prizes the better, certainly.

will do and thanks~

JayT said:
Yes it is Grant or I would be bathing in it.  One day I am going to eat salsa that SL made that morning.  It is on my bucket list.

I buy fresh products off dry-ice weekly =)

Mail order salsa ...

yes, it is fresh and refrigerated.

A very recent batch...

20150509_133946.jpg

I would be honored to serve you fresh made salsa.  I'm thinking we totally need to get a national THP convention going.  It was discussed a couple years ago, Las Vegas, cheap airline rates.....

The only kink was not having full access to a grill and kitchens for all our cooking that we all love to do!  :rofl:

What do you think the hotel would do if we stormed the kitchen and started making 9-star curries, 4 Horsemen burgers, and any other number of chile-laced entrees??? 

:rofl:

sounds like an awesome idea  salsalady...   I found one place that has suites with full kitchens and this sweet grill area near the pool..     Although one of the main selling features appears to be how quiet it is, good luck with that .. lol 

It even has a handicap grill  for the vertically challenged.    :high:  :drunk:

vD0yuc8.jpg

salsalady said:
yes, it is fresh and refrigerated.

A very recent batch...

20150509_133946.jpg

I would be honored to serve you fresh made salsa.  I'm thinking we totally need to get a national THP convention going.  It was discussed a couple years ago, Las Vegas, cheap airline rates.....

The only kink was not having full access to a grill and kitchens for all our cooking that we all love to do!  :rofl:

What do you think the hotel would do if we stormed the kitchen and started making 9-star curries, 4 Horsemen burgers, and any other number of chile-laced entrees??? 

:rofl:
How about Australia?

Booma said:
How about Australia?
Australia is invited to attend!  :lol:

Ashen- I like it!  If we took over the whole place we wouldn't have to worry about pissing off the other guests with the noise~

Back