• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Memorial Day (Two-Week) User-land BBQ Contest

There are no rules. It's a casual contest with a big prizes, and the winners will be determined by user polling over next weekend.

The prize box I'm providing will have items from:

Joyner's Hot Peppers
Texas Creek
Lucky Dog Hot Sauces
Dee Roo (SmokenFire)
Scotty O'Hotty
Pex Peppers
Walkerswood
Teeny Tiny Spice Co.
Meat Church
Defcon
Mild Bill's
Johnson Berry Farms
Zatarain's
Season With Spice

... so far.

I haven't poked around my Asian shelves, or the Cambro's of Modernist powders yet - but I'll be including stuff from there as well, if possible.

A prize box from JHP will be provided by Joyner's Hot Pepper Powders, thanks Chris.

A prize box from Texas Creek is forthcoming, TBD once we figure out how the voting will be organized. This prize can be donated to AnySoldier.

Just worked out a prize box from Lucky Dog Hot Sauce with Scott that will include the new Chipotle, a Dia Del Perro, and the Black label sauce (CONUS) (tctenten has sponsored this being available to an expat member if it ends up as such).

And also, a prize box from Pex Peppers that will include a pair of his sauces (CONUS).

* If you are a producer/vendor, or just looking to sponsor a prize box out of sheer benevolence, shoot me a PM and we'll get it in there ...

The more prizes the better, certainly.

no rules... lets roll...

hit up the brewery tonight and had more tasty beverages on a tin roof then anyone should ever try to eep track of. 

just for you GM-

20150529_190624_zpszaihpvmc.jpg

here's my drunken eat's/bbq. you be asking yourself wheres ther bbq? well that lobster in that half ass lob roll was cooked on the bbq  :P  and you now I;m really drunk cause that's some shit store bought last slice for free pep pizza on the way home from the brewery  :cheers:  stay sexy 
20150529_211815_zps8gfddx5b.jpg

Bumper said:
Pookie photo bucket still doesn't like me, or more likely I am a fcuktard as the coding is still appearing…
Forget the PB links, grab the raw image URL by right clicking the image or from the code they give you that is just the URL, and click the photo icon on the editor here, and enter it.

It will look like:
Code:
[img]http://www.yaddayaddayadda.com/image.jpg[/img]

Bumper said:
Pookie photo bucket still doesn't like me, or more likely I am a fcuktard as the coding is still appearing…
I just look on PB... somehow you are posting a mix of HTML and BB code. You can grab the direct link and use the image icon here like I said, or grab the code that says IMG on PB. DO NOT grab the HTML one.

@WaffleBum I have no idea what you are talking about right now lol.

Yeah but PB was designed to share memes not photos.

Let me share this glittery gif of Hello Kitty to your page... or this one that says "Have a rockin' day!" LOL.

They never cared about quality and are still in the biz of compressing the hell out of your pics. It is not good for food pics.

D3monic said:
See that right there ^ is why i'm not a fan of that feature vs using IMG codes though
Next version upgrade here it will work. ;)

grantmichaels said:
That sounds like Geocities, LOL ...
PB not MySpace.

1st, I would like to say that the amount of meat I have eaten since joining THP has increased, or at least the frequency has increased substantially (thanks guys)
No seriously, thanks.

While my pictures are not as good as many others here I enjoy having a place to share them, and appreciate having another excuse to grill more meat 

so it was Burgers again for lunch and Steak for a late Dinner !
served with; Potato's, Broccoli,Fresh tomato, sliced Avocado, Malawi piquante peppers, and Trinidad Congo "pepperdirt" !  

and Lucky Dog Hot Sauce  :D

The Hot Pepper said:

Forget the PB links, grab the raw image URL by right clicking the image or from the code they give you that is just the URL, and click the photo icon on the editor here, and enter it.

It will look like:

image.jpg
Sweet thanks!

Yeah you can grab the code with IMG next to it and just paste it.

Or grab the code with DIRECT next to it and click the icon in the editor here that looks like a Polaroid.

Back