• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Burger Royale Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol yeah I've stuffed myself the last two weekends on all these burgers. I'm doing breakfast sliders tomorrow so I'll start the day off bloated.

Ozzy2001 said:
Lol yeah I've stuffed myself the last two weekends on all these burgers. I'm doing breakfast sliders tomorrow so I'll start the day off bloated.

Ooo that sounds like it has some potential! 

sous vide is down to 126F, finally ...

i lowered it from 140F hours and hours ago, but water is dense and la la la ...

i think i'll do the rare version of sous vide sliders ...

i'm not sure if this shouldn't be a #DC post, but i'll start out assuming that it's for the TD ...

it's 1AM on Sunday, and straight out the gate - Doing The Work, Ya'll.

Anyone know what the max size in terms of either file-size or dimensions are, off hand? ...

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0693.jpg
    IMG_0693.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 58
D3monic said:

Cucumber Dill Wild Piggly Wiggly

I got to start off by saying I've had some good burgers in my life... this quite possibly was the best one I've ever had. The combination of flavors left my taste buds dancing like they was on 3 hits of acid in a warm spring rain. It was nice being able to source ingredients from my garden as well. 

Meat: Wild Boar, Pancetta , ground smoked pequin, seasalt, minced garlic and pepper. Ran through meat grinder and handled as little as possible.

Stuffing: Fresh Mozzarella, spinach from the garden and Bolsa de Dulce pepper

Toppings: Balsamic onions and shiitake mushrooms, fresh mozzarella and thick dill pickle

Cucumber Dill Aoli- 4 Tbsp Mayonnaise, squeeze of lemon juice, dash of olive oil, 2 tsp diced cucumber and fresh dill to taste.

attachicon.gif
_MG_0637.JPG

Smoked at 250f over peach wood until internal temp of 165f

attachicon.gif
_MG_0655.JPG

attachicon.gif
_MG_0668.JPG

attachicon.gif
_MG_0672.JPG

I didn't even care that my hands where getting dirty (if you know me then you know I can't handle that "like I totally can't even"

attachicon.gif
_MG_0688.JPG

D3 you crushed it.  The pic of the burger cut in half is sweet.

grantmichaels said:
Oops, didn't shoot PoL ...

LOL.

Pics to my creed thread!
All you have to do is take a pic of it with all (or a majority of) the ingredients which I am sure you still have. And then just post your burgers up in here.

If a can or bag of something is empty you can still take the pic.

No excuses now.

I still have two more 8 oz patties, raw & with seasoning & sucked in zip loc's ...

If I don't make something else, I'll put those other's in here later on today, though ...

I was a little buzzed, LOL ...

The 'mudge.

The Hot Pepper said:
No excuses now.

I was all like ...

https://www.facebook.com/kmaataoui/videos/10155484925870386/

And then I hung out on the couch and had some Ten Fidy to tuck myself in ...

Danielle woke me up trying to take the half-empty can a half-hour ago, but I called her back over and finished it off first.

One does not simply toss Ten Fidy.

In other news, it feels like someone is gently blowing on my sphinc ... that JHP Smoked Goat powder is anal-analgesic, I guess ...

:whistle:
For later ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434293670.558959.jpg

Waffle sliders are a possibility ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434293702.288505.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434293716.826891.jpg

Stacked breakfast sliders

For something looking so simple these were a lot of work making everything from scratch. 

Drop Biscuits:
2 sticks butter
3 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp kosher salt
1 1/2 cups whole milk

First I preheated the oven to 400 and butter greased the two baking sheets.  Whisked the flour, baking soda, and salt together.  Added the butter and stirred with a fork until I had about pea-sized crumbs.  Then I added the milk and stirred around.  I used a regular spoon to drop the dough balls on the sheets and put in the over for about 20 mins, switching racks halfway through.
8B569700-EFE2-42B4-A0E9-E197F6DFE674.jpg

After the biscuits were ready i started on the sausage gravy.
3/4 lb country sausage
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
4 tbs flour 
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
2 1/2 cups whole milk

I cooked the sausage in the pots until browned, then added the flour and garlic powder, and stirred around for another 4 mins.  After that I added all the milk and stirred it in, reducing heat to a simmer until I got the thickness I was looking for.

After the gravy I mixed up the sausage for the patties
1lb country sausage
1/2 lb chorizo
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 white onion
1 tsp sage
1 tsp thyme
1 tbs brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp salt

I mixed all the ingredients together and formed little meatballs. I put the meat balls in a few at a time and smashed them down with the spatula to form the patties.  Once the patties were cooked I put them on a plate with a paper towel to collect the grease.

3DA3634E-585D-410C-A524-0D4B1593736A.jpg

After the sausage was done I moved onto the eggs.
6 eggs
1 poblano pepper
1/2 red pepper
shredded cheese
1/4 white onion
1 jalapeno

First I cut up the veggies and sauteed them in some bacon grease to soften them up a little bit and get the flavors combined.  I stirred up the eggs in a separate bowl, added a little milk, salt, and pepper.  Poured the eggs in with the veggies and bacon grease and let cook for few minutes then added the shredded cheese.
9B3D1D50-E2D4-413A-95C5-0FC474FC7D48.jpg

With the eggs done I started to plate the sliders.  Each had a biscuit for the bottom with the patty, a hunk of the eggs, shredded cheese, a spoonful of sausage gravy, and a little Moruga Madness hot sauce.
F1B4A482-2CD7-4316-B3B6-D8CBC6A8600F.jpg

Cut open shot
E8805845-B591-4A63-A530-1303A2505AAF.jpg

I kept the hot sauce and some extra gravy on had while I was eating them.  I also ate some as just a big pile of breakfast with gravy on top of the whole thing and used a fork.   :party:
I am now stuffed yet again.  I can't complain about being fat and happy though.

grantmichaels said:

you might want to take some beef to work w/ you ;)

I got enough of the boar/pancetta meat that I can make maybe two small sliders out of tonight. Thought about prepping it last night but I only got 3 hours sleep as it is. I should have enough time to slap something together tonight

TB Inspired Smashburger Sliders

I have always wanted to try the smash burgers that TB posts up so often.  Nothing complicated about the ingredients or the toppings that I used in these burgers.  I was pretty happy with the results.

Homemade onion rolls

• 2/3 cup warm milk
  • 1/3 cup warm water
  • 3 tbl honey
  • 2 eggs room temperature
  • 2 tsp IDY
  • 3 1/2 cups KAAP bread flour
  • 1.5 tsp salt
  • 3 tbl butter
  • 1/2 cup active sourdough starter
  • 1/2 cup onions chopped & sauteed in butter

Combine all ingredients and knead for six minutes, let rest for a few minutes then knead for another few minutes.  Let dough rise till it doubles, scale and ball dough for the size buns you want.  Eggwash buns, sprinkle some of the sautéed onion bits and bake at 400f for about 15 or until golden brown.

Mayo spread

• 1/2 cup tsp Dukes mayo
  • 1 heaping tsp Buddy's pecan smoked moruga puree

Burgers

• 1lb  85/15 ground beef
  • salt
  • pepper
  • garlic powder
  • worcertershire sauce
Toppings

• bacon
  • jalapeño slices
  • cheddar cheese

Burgers were cooked on a CI skillet over sliced onions.  About 2 minutes a side.  The cheese goes on right after you flip themOnion rolls were toasted in the CI then got a coating of the mayo.  Lastly the bacon and jalapeño slices finished it off.

IMG_5233.JPG

IMG_5246.JPG

IMG_5247.JPG

IMG_5249.JPG

IMG_5251.JPG

Stuffed burger later on...

Ozzy2001 said:
Stacked breakfast sliders

For something looking so simple these were a lot of work making everything from scratch. 

Drop Biscuits:
2 sticks butter
3 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp kosher salt
1 1/2 cups whole milk

First I preheated the oven to 400 and butter greased the two baking sheets.  Whisked the flour, baking soda, and salt together.  Added the butter and stirred with a fork until I had about pea-sized crumbs.  Then I added the milk and stirred around.  I used a regular spoon to drop the dough balls on the sheets and put in the over for about 20 mins, switching racks halfway through.

After the biscuits were ready i started on the sausage gravy.
3/4 lb country sausage
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
4 tbs flour 
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
2 1/2 cups whole milk

I cooked the sausage in the pots until browned, then added the flour and garlic powder, and stirred around for another 4 mins.  After that I added all the milk and stirred it in, reducing heat to a simmer until I got the thickness I was looking for.

After the gravy I mixed up the sausage for the patties
1lb country sausage
1/2 lb chorizo
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 white onion
1 tsp sage
1 tsp thyme
1 tbs brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp salt

I mixed all the ingredients together and formed little meatballs. I put the meat balls in a few at a time and smashed them down with the spatula to form the patties.  Once the patties were cooked I put them on a plate with a paper towel to collect the grease.

After the sausage was done I moved onto the eggs.
6 eggs
1 poblano pepper
1/2 red pepper
shredded cheese
1/4 white onion
1 jalapeno

First I cut up the veggies and sauteed them in some bacon grease to soften them up a little bit and get the flavors combined.  I stirred up the eggs in a separate bowl, added a little milk, salt, and pepper.  Poured the eggs in with the veggies and bacon grease and let cook for few minutes then added the shredded cheese.

With the eggs done I started to plate the sliders.  Each had a biscuit for the bottom with the patty, a hunk of the eggs, shredded cheese, a spoonful of sausage gravy, and a little Moruga Madness hot sauce.

Cut open shot

I kept the hot sauce and some extra gravy on had while I was eating them.  I also ate some as just a big pile of breakfast with gravy on top of the whole thing and used a fork.   :party:
I am now stuffed yet again.  I can't complain about being fat and happy though.

Just need to drizzle me some of that capsup Louisiana hot sauce on there and i'd sick man a handful of those

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back