beer =[ GM's 1st 16x Batches, and/or 10 mo. Brewing ]=

That was way way way too much to read. Filters only help you if you are doing it wrong. You will get sediment in your beers. Unless you use biofine and the cellaring methods I taught you. I've never used a single filter pretty feementation/cellaring except for post hop back with 17 pounds of leaf hops right before. Kettle true collection is easy negros just use whirlfloc

Also, the original purpose of the filter housing was for use as a Randall w/ coffee beans, something I have a lot of ...

I'm starting a specific thread for exploring doppelbock/eisbock ...

This is a style I haven't had, but am inclined to check out since realizing some other new one's I like (wee heavy, barleywine, malty dipa) ...

I'll be checking out lager yeasts in this thread - classic and new one's, cold and room-temp-under-pressure ... with a side mission of doing a stout at room-temp w/ lager yeast.

And of course, last but not least - freeze concentration of beer.

Added a cheap submersible pump ...

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442512858.406364.jpg

It'll sit in a bucket w/ tubing, a splitter, and these guy's on the ends ...

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442512881.191196.jpg

Recirc pbw + saniclean for cleaning my picnics/lines ...

I don't leave the picnic taps on the kegs any longer, once I'm done w/ that beer, that day, I pull them and rinse them.

Ok, back to biz ...

Cleaning the lines today ... well, not really, because I'm watching the Bucs ...

Picnic's getting cleaned ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442781137.820651.jpg

Unused large brining bucket, finally useful for something ...

LOL

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442781198.488654.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442781213.373641.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442781226.775462.jpg

Quiet w/ lid ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442781260.942118.jpg

Would probably fit just fine in the smaller one, really ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442781272.661575.jpg

That solved a nagging problem inexpensively.

Lager yeast at room temp fermentation is just asking for SO2

Freeze distillation is super illegal, but I won a home brew contest with it doing an eisbock so go for it

The best beer comes from mixing water and sugar and just letting it sit outside for a week.

Think about the poor hummingbirds!
With some washing soda one can decimate colonies ... of ants.

Breweries eed distillery licensing due to alcohol percentage, but ok to freeze concentrate homebrew - so long as is clearly beer, and tastes like beer.

http://www.ttb.gov/rulings/94-3.htm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6nnR4trUKVo

:cheers:
Lager yeast at room temp fermentation is just asking for SO2.

Going to see what happens with WLP810 San Fran at WLP001 temp (67, or like 65-68F) under 0-15 psi via a 3 psi/day ramp w/ a spunding valve (and #10 water between gas connection and valve) ...

Ok, let's see what a half a day of 35-40 psi's got us on the Charliewine ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442808664.102207.jpg

Not bad, especially for all the yeast in the glass ...

Pretty fucking good, actually ... and I'm comparing w/ like Curmudgeon (technically an old ale, I think, but close enough) ...

Now I've got it turned down to like 10 psi for the night ...

CHEERS!
Yeasties =)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442808833.126244.jpg

Suddenly the drones on the shelf look more interesting ...
Picked up 3x 3 gallon kegs for under $200 by signing up to their newsletter and getting 10% off, on top of the 25% off sale on the 3 gallon AMCYL's ...

http://www.homebrewsupply.com/keg-supplies/home-brew-kegs.html

Sweet deal, it's basically a buy two, get one free.
Just received email that the kettle's basket is ready ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442863431.733774.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442863456.599157.jpg

I'll repeat Darkness Everybody to a) have more, and b) get an idea if it improved efficiency ...

I'm most excited for the hooks that will let it be propped above the kettle - so I can sparge w/ 169F sous vide water, and top off the kettle for boiling five gallon batches.

I'll be able to brew again soon, yay!

tctenten said:
Cool! I may take a ride to love2brew this weekend. If I do, I might hit you up for a short list of what to buy. I want to get a container to try a mead until I am ready to try a beer.

Sure, whatever you need ...

But ...

Buy a pair of those puppies I linked instead, and one of these because I forgot it: http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/8-funnel

The regular glass jugs are a PITA to clean the place where the krausen dries the worst - avoid that BS.

I'm sending you 3x swing-top 32 oz's, a large/strong strainer, a hydrometer, a bucket w/ stopper/airlock, some sanitizer to get you going, and whatever I can't think of ...

It's in a box ... a box that's only awaiting a couple of bottles of beer ;)

Tonight I decided that I'll dump the Saison L'Orange ...

It doesn't hold up to standard of beer I've been purchasing, or the most recent 4-5x batches I've homebrewed, and it can't continue to take up a slot in the freezer ...

It didn't turn out to be aceto or anything, and it's drinkable, but I have too much good beer to drink, and an insatiable desire to brew more ...

Yeah - I'll have to say goodbye to my initial batch from the rig, but things improved by an order of magnitude after that batch - especially for adding the chrlorine filtering of the tap water thereafter.

Now I can just focus on killing the Chocolate Maple porter - which has to be close, now - and I'll be able to load the DE stout and Charliewine in w/ the Saison and the wheat, the latter of which I'd also like to process out ...
The universe works in mysterious ways ...

Had the last glass of BBS Chocolate Maple porter.

Based on the number of times I was able to have it, I'm comfortable w/ the bounty of a 3 gallon batch, but will be less so w/ the two-gallon high-gravity batches I'm sure ...

Overall I'm pleased w/ the progress that's been made, and now I'm sitting w/ 2-3 gal ea of:

Darkness Everybody (8-8.5% oatmeal stout)
Charliewine (10-11% barleywine)
Spirit of JB (5.5-6% saison)
BBS Summer Wheat Kit w/ Apricots

But more importantly, my second freezer's empty, I have 3x 5 gal corny fermenters ready to receive, ingredients on hand, and strainer basket mod'd and en route back here in time for the weekend ...

It's time to get my brew on once more gents!!!

Lager yeast at room temp fermentation is just asking for SO2

Freeze distillation is super illegal, but I won a home brew contest with it doing an eisbock so go for it

As has been the case in the past, you've had me rummaging in papers for days on this ...

In a lot of ways this has been the superset of the SMM and/or DMSO => DMS research from a few weeks ago.

I have one remaining source to read, but I'm looking forward to responding to this later on w/ my planned approach to see what you think ...

Really good theoretical stuff from Fix out there on this, and some practical solutions from actual brewers on ProBrewer too, especially in regard to copper in brewing.

Back