• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Bread Bowl Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
It's Super Bowl 50 Weekend!

Welcome to Bread Bowl! PoL = .50

Make a bread product from scratch. It may be any type of bread; it may be a baked loaf, or fresh tortillas, or pizza, even breading. Yes, you can make corn dogs. Nothing sweet/dessert as I don't want to get into defining bread/cake/pie or pancakes etc.

During the Super Bowl you should be able to make the greasy foods you love. Baked, deep fried, whatever, as long as the bread product is from scratch with exact ingredients.

The bread must be part of the meal, the meal may be anything. Don't let bread limit you let it inspire you. If you want to make mole enchiladas, then all you have to do is make tortillas from scratch for the enchiladas and that is your meal! Are you an expert baker? 6-foot hero! Have you been perfecting your pizza dough recipe?
  • All bread products must be from scratch with exact ingredients.
  • The bread must be part of a meal, may be minimal or a major part.
  • In the final post, you must show one process pic and one finished pic of the actual bread product alone. So for a loaf of bread for example, one pic of the raw dough, one pic of the finished loaf (sliced). Pizza? One pic of the raw dough, one pic of a cut slice, nice side shot of crust. (If you are baking bread it is important to show the texture). Showing more process pics (bread in oven) may be beneficial as well. Voters love that stuff.
  • Meal? Anything goes. (No sweet/dessert)
  • No separate polls, show your one meal or your feastage in 10 pics! (aka The JayT Rule.) It's Super Bowl, that's how we roll!
CLICK: The 5 Rules for an eligible entry
Title your entries, list all ingredients with measurements for bread products (and as much as possible for others) and cooking methods.
PoL: SUPER BOWL $.50!

(PoL only needs to be shown ONCE in a pic with all or a majority of the ingredients used, or in a final presentation pic of the main entry, preferably not on the plate.)
PIC ALLOWANCE: 10 (8+2 required bread pics)
ENDS MONDAY NOON EST (Drunk pic post allowance).

bread_bowl_super_bowl.jpg

In your other post regarding this I thought you said we'd be able to enter one raised bread and one flatbread. Is that still the case?

The Hot Pepper said:
Read it again and yes. They are both bread right? You can enter more than one bread product in one entry right? :D

Sorry. This is my second throwdown. And the first one, I decided to enter about a half hour after waking up.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
Sorry. This is my second throwdown. And the first one, I decided to enter about a half hour after waking up.
Haha no prob. It's worded differently here, it's never fully decided until the TD day, there is not 2 polls but you can still enter 2+ bread products as part of your entry, if you follow the bread from scratch and pic requirements for each. So no prob there.

The Hot Pepper said:
Haha no prob. It's worded differently here, it's never fully decided until the TD day, there is not 2 polls but you can still enter 2+ bread products as part of your entry, if you follow the bread from scratch and pic requirements for each. So no prob there.

That makes sense now. I had a little Bulleit in the brain cloggin' up the works. This ought to be a great TD. Tomorrow's gonna ROCK!  :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back