• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Name my sauce, win a sample!

I'm making a big batch for the winter barbecue at my martial arts school and giving a jar to all those who are newly promoted. I need a good name! Help me with some suggestions. I'll send a sample to whoever comes up with the name i pick.

Decent heat, very simple to make, goes great with everything. Went on everything we had for New Years eve dinner last night. White castles, fried chicken, popcorn chicken, pizza hut pizza, and chicken parm. All that plus several beers and champagne... needless to say my belly don't like me too much today. Charmin ultra is a life saver!

2 tbsp olive oil
½ tbsp honey dijon mustard
1/8 cup lime juice
1/8 cup vinegar
2 tbsp molasses
¾ cup soy sauce
1/2 cup of fresh pineapple
¼ tsp cumin
½ tsp rosemary
6 cloves garlic

20 habaneros
10 serranos
8 jalapenos

In a blender start with olive oil, mustard, lime juice and vinegar, blend until completely emulsified. Add the rest of the liquids and pineapple, blend until smooth. While still blending add cumin, rosemary and garlic and finally the whole peppers sans stems. I prefer the taste of it raw so i just keep enough to last me about a week and give the rest to friends. I'll be sure to send a FRESH sample, keep refrigerated, eat asap!

thank you all. Keep them coming!

Also, a question for the sauce pros: How long do you think this would last in the fridge without cooking?

Karate Kick Hot Sauce
Black Belt Bold Stuff

I know THP is going to delete one of his posts but at least I had the pleasure of seeing him post two posts exactly the same at the same time.

rainbowberry said:
I know THP is going to delete one of his posts but at least I had the pleasure of seeing him post two posts exactly the same at the same time.
Haha. Mod me, I dare you ;)

Okay...

Martial Mustard Sauce
Karate Chop

rainbowberry said:
Just don't call it Un-natural jerk sauce and you'll be OK.
Last edited by rainbowberry; Today at 10:18 AM. Reason: Was unsure if my post would make me seem un-ladylike,lol, but WTF.

I got a good laugh from this :lol:
we already know you're un-ladylike, but we still love ya :P

chilehunter said:
I got a good laugh from this :lol:
we already know you're un-ladylike, but we still love ya :P
LOL, totally missed that! :lol:
She's awesome, and yes... we love her. :cheers:

BIG APPLE BOTTOM ZAPPING BONFIRE SAUCE ( AND APPLY FIRST NAME)

IF IT WERE ME...... DICKY T'S BIG APPLE BOTTOM ZAPPING BONFIRE SAUCE

Back