• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

G.I.P.'s 2017 "oh HAIL no" Glog

This is currently a placeholder for what i will attempt to piece together as a Glog for this year 

I took hardly any pics of my seedlings, :(  and when the weather was finally warm enough at night for my plants to go outside;  They got shredded by hail, nearly drown in rains for days straight, tore up by winds. :mope:

Long story shortened, my season has had a rough start and most of my plants don't look so good  :neutral:

So, although my plants are not nearly as nice as many others who have Glogs i have been following.
I will attempt to keep a log of this years grow anyway :)

Pics to follow soon...

:cheers:

Todays harvest
TgOIkMC.jpg

and there's still so many more  :dance:

CMfQdfc.jpg

Carliston Biber

Pd3j09o.jpg

mgDYVzl.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Peach

uKMyOLX.jpg

Unripe primo's  :mope:

8KM3b9t.jpg

vjiT5jn.jpg

ripe Primo's  :dance:

wYkQFDZ.jpg

ObRIftT.jpg

Bonnet-Bells

HBEqOvG.jpg

Bulgarian Carrot x Serrano 

yqrRYQD.jpg

Aji Omnicolor

3UQh88V.jpg

JRGS x BBG7

olXlPlX.jpg

b56pSht.jpg

Scotch Brain

l3jYjQg.jpg

Pimenta Puma

d2vQsgF.jpg

Sugar Rush Cream

BXCpDit.jpg

Pineapple rocotos with standard size Bic lighter for size reference 

vH8VNTv.jpg

Hatch 

hlHIVa9.jpg

Aji Finlandia (Guess this one does finally go orangish. it was green for a looong time, then went cream for  a long time, now as the season is ending up here it's finally turning orange)

more pics...

Bhuter said:
Looking amazingly, GIP!!! Great colors everywhere! Im definitely growing that Pimenta Puma and Yaki Blue next year. Great stuff!
thanks 
yeah they are both beautiful plants and prolific and tasty too :D

here's a pic of what i processed today
xOspijn.jpg

Pimenta Puma, and Trinidad Cherry yellow x Pimenta Puma in the middle      already got a name picked out for that sauce;
"Puma Pants"  :lol:  thinking a Puma wearing pants and panting for the label  ;)  

qandeel said:
Hi GIP

Are you going to freeze the vacuum sealed bags? What is the benefit of this method? Many thanks
yes, I vacuum seal and freeze them until i have enough of that variety to make a batch of sauce 
I usually do most of my saucemaking in the wintertime. 

freezing then thawing, changes the texture, but if they are going to be turned into sauce that doesn't matter much. 

Thanks for the info. I keep learning new stuff here.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
yes, I vacuum seal and freeze them until i have enough of that variety to make a batch of sauce 
I usually do most of my saucemaking in the wintertime. 

freezing then thawing, changes the texture, but if they are going to be turned into sauce that doesn't matter much. 

well folks the season is about over up here :mope:

picking a haul about this size every other day now  :party:
1DZn1W5.jpg

selected 42 of my plants for overwintering  :rofl:  (i know only 42 !?!  :crazy: )

moved to the driveway where they will get a couple more hours of sun this time of year
this is where they will be staged as i prep them for coming indoors over the next week 
rkbdMZI.jpg

QjMBZOB.jpg

xOMp3G4.jpg

gotta finish harvesting these plants, trim em wayy back, give em a good Azamax wash, order ladybugs, etc.

now for the really ridiculous part  :crazy:

WxHmL3W.jpg

Tuck my babies into bed each night and uncover them in the morning until i got them moved indoors  :lol:
okay, i know it looks ridiculous, but...
i have managed to keep plants outdoors until the the 17th of October with this method before.  Up here in zone 4a  :shocked:
 I hope to have everybody moved indoors under HPS lights by the end of the week, but now i can allow them to keep getting that natural light during the day for as long as possible

more harvest pics soon  :cool:

thanks for stopping by to look laugh at my garden tucked into bed under sheets  :rofl:

:cheers:

Back