• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

G.I.P.'s 2017 "oh HAIL no" Glog

This is currently a placeholder for what i will attempt to piece together as a Glog for this year 

I took hardly any pics of my seedlings, :(  and when the weather was finally warm enough at night for my plants to go outside;  They got shredded by hail, nearly drown in rains for days straight, tore up by winds. :mope:

Long story shortened, my season has had a rough start and most of my plants don't look so good  :neutral:

So, although my plants are not nearly as nice as many others who have Glogs i have been following.
I will attempt to keep a log of this years grow anyway :)

Pics to follow soon...

:cheers:

hogleg said:
What are the big (long) white pods with the greenish glow on the far right?

And nice harvest by the way!  :dance:
thanks

those were supposed to be Aji Finlandia  
not entirely sure what that is supposed to look like, but i don't think they look like that based on the couple pictures i was able to find 
they look greener in the pic than in person 
in person they look sorta off white

I'll let you know how they taste if they are good i'll send ya some :)

Hello, and thanks for stopping by :)

Here is a long overdue Pictorial update.  My apologies for not updating more frequently 

7e5b3Ap.jpg

KtutNZr.jpg

Peach Wasp

KKQSpsp.jpg

Calabrese Mazzetti still churning out pods (I've harvested enough Red pods to fill 1 dehydrator tray 3 times already)

ne6Kv0P.jpg

hDq5UbU.jpg

Primo (384) the first ripe pod doesn't have much of a tail, but most of the others do

JPPTBLV.jpg

HRqp3Ow.jpg

ysDrJr8.jpg

Various degrees of ripening on Fruxim (a frutescens x eximium from MOJO Pepper)

C19hN5Z.jpg

FofoDw3.jpg

JRGS xBBG7 (from Justin @ whitehotpeppers) this one i prefer to use as powder as i've had it be a gutbomb for me a couple times when eaten fresh  :lol:
* @Bhuter  I dare ya to do a video review of this one :cool: * 
I've only seen one other person eat a whole pod and he said it should be called Satans Clitoris  :rofl:  :rofl:

ptDkg7p.jpg

jPk4Sqf.jpg

6kCVxuC.jpg

lrwTYH2.jpg

Scotch Brain

9wWlmMn.jpg

Orange BBG7 x (PdN x Bhut RED*) this goes through several color changes before finally ripening to a dark Red

7owZWUf.jpg

Black Pearl  has a few pods that i let go past Ripe 

xWSQ3ZO.jpg

Grenada Seasoning (3 years in a 5 Gallon bucket :shocked:  I really should give this plant a bigger home)

SYzDomN.jpg

Trini Scorp Peach

i might be near my limit on pictures for one post, more in just a bit 

update continued...

GYrGUa1.jpg

p1sGwSc.jpg

QEV9AZL.jpg

OrangeGumTiger MAMP

aAkMIQI.jpg

MAMP NOT orangegumtiger  but still a beautiful plant and a tasty Hot pepper 

6ltjsej.jpg

ZJv7hho.jpg

Pimenta Puma

OblbR0O.jpg

Dv3CCs9.jpg

Yaki Blue

my Hardy Hibiscus finally bloomed too  :dance:
FJo64NK.jpg

9Jj5MvJ.jpg

RVQOLc3.jpg
  :party:

2KbroAq.jpg

This plant was selected from last years grow even though it looked nothing like its siblings
was from Pimenta Puma x Reaper F2 seeds from FordsFieryFoods
all the others produced pods that looked like this;
vT59nqD.jpg

bc1TkMR.jpg
and while i liked them too, they didn't make this years growlist, but the one off plant with light foliage instead of dark foliage, and peach pods instead of red pods was great tasting so I overwintered it :)  it's not the most or the least productive, but it's gotta be special for some reason to earn an overwintering spot here as I'm running out of room to keep large plants all winter under lights. 

I've got more pictures on our phones, i just need to sort through them so i'm not showing the same few plants over and over 

thanks for stopping by and looking at the pepper garden :)

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
Hello, and thanks for stopping by :)

Here is a long overdue Pictorial update.  My apologies for not updating more frequently 

7e5b3Ap.jpg

KtutNZr.jpg

Peach Wasp

KKQSpsp.jpg

Calabrese Mazzetti still churning out pods (I've harvested enough Red pods to fill 1 dehydrator tray 3 times already)

ne6Kv0P.jpg

hDq5UbU.jpg

Primo (384) the first ripe pod doesn't have much of a tail, but most of the others do

JPPTBLV.jpg

HRqp3Ow.jpg

ysDrJr8.jpg

Various degrees of ripening on Fruxim (a frutescens x eximium from MOJO Pepper)

C19hN5Z.jpg

FofoDw3.jpg

JRGS xBBG7 (from Justin @ whitehotpeppers) this one i prefer to use as powder as i've had it be a gutbomb for me a couple times when eaten fresh  :lol:
* @Bhuter  I dare ya to do a video review of this one :cool: * 
I've only seen one other person eat a whole pod and he said it should be called Satans Clitoris  :rofl:  :rofl:

ptDkg7p.jpg

jPk4Sqf.jpg

6kCVxuC.jpg

lrwTYH2.jpg

Scotch Brain

9wWlmMn.jpg

Orange BBG7 x (PdN x Bhut RED*) this goes through several color changes before finally ripening to a dark Red

7owZWUf.jpg

Black Pearl  has a few pods that i let go past Ripe 

xWSQ3ZO.jpg

Grenada Seasoning (3 years in a 5 Gallon bucket :shocked:  I really should give this plant a bigger home)

SYzDomN.jpg

Trini Scorp Peach

i might be near my limit on pictures for one post, more in just a bit 

Great update, GIP! Plants are looking awesomely! I love them all. I don't know if I can eat a whole pod of JRGS x BBG7. Especially if it's a gut bomb. I might have a freak-out moment. But I guess that's what people want to see. Lol. I'll really have to think about it. I already have 3 that I might do. Maybe. I still don't know if I'll do any. But they're on my to-do list. I'll sure try. But I have to fight with the gf because she has to listen to me bitch about cap cramps, so she tries to talk me out of it. I get a lot of the "I told you so's".

Thank you for the box that I'm excited for tomorrow. It's gonna be great!

Bhuter said:
Great update, GIP! Plants are looking awesomely! I love them all. I don't know if I can eat a whole pod of JRGS x BBG7. Especially if it's a gut bomb. I might have a freak-out moment. But I guess that's what people want to see. Lol. I'll really have to think about it. I already have 3 that I might do. Maybe. I still don't know if I'll do any. But they're on my to-do list. I'll sure try. But I have to fight with the gf because she has to listen to me bitch about cap cramps, so she tries to talk me out of it. I get a lot of the "I told you so's".

Thank you for the box that I'm excited for tomorrow. It's gonna be great!

ha  :lol:  I get the; "why do you do this to yourself?", "You'll never learn", "Don't touch me with those spicy hands!" and her shaking her head while she looks at me like i'm an idiot etc. too :rofl:
Don't feel obligated to do a video. I'm certainly to shy to do video reviews. 
while a superhot "freak-out" is amusing too, I really like it when a reviewer can continue to talk and describe the pain even if they can't describe the flavors. What's it like to them (is it stinging, or more like a hot coal ?), where in the mouth do they feel it, where does it last the longest? Etc. 
I like to compare my experience with a superhot with others. Was i just being a wimp that day or are they really that  :hot:
Most supers i dont eat whole pods anymore.  :shh:  I prefer them with food, dried and powdered, or used in a sauce.

I'm picking up some various BBG7 Bagels this morning  :woohoo:   brought some to the local bagel shop yesterday :)

Those bagels sound great!!!! You hit the nail right on the head with the stuff she says/does. It's exactly like that. I find that I describe the heat more than flavor...probably because it's more in your face. Lol. But yes, I like reviews that are a continued stream of information...like Nigel. But I understand that it's very hard to keep your composure while your face is melting. So anybody who eats a whole pod gets a "hats off" from me. Man, those bagels...let us know how they turned out.

Eastwood said:
Looking great GIP! How are the flavor of the Calabrese Mazzetti? Haven't seen those before but they seem interesting to grow.
Also, how does the JRGS x BBG7 compare to a Ghost in terms of flavor and hotness? :D

Thanks for a great glog!

thanks for stopping by to check out the Glog

wish i had kept up on it, but that tends to be a trend with my glog   i'll find some of the recent pics and post more 
i have lots of pics, but some are from weeks back now 
i've been busy as the end of my year is rapidly arriving 

The Calabrese Mazzetti are great :) very prolific  even in the short season i have here in US zone4
they would be equally good pickled and served as a condiment, or dried and used in sauces (I think it will bump up an Arrabiata sauce just right ) :drooling:

The JRGS x BBG7 is beyond my heatlevel  ;)  i will use it very sparingly in my InsanitySalt mix 
when eating fresh, even 1/2 a pod, in my opinion  it taste like regret  :rofl:    but i prefer to eat Supers in food and still not crazy amounts 
i think fresh it taste more like a BBG than a JRGS but I find them to be violently hot  

will update with more pepper pod pics  :party:

G.I.P.

Back